Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

3D Pruetts: Jan 12 - Stories by Jes2G

Comments

• Options
    SummerFallsSummerFalls Posts: 6,413 Member
    Jes2G wrote: »
    That's right! The Pruetts will never die! They'll just exist in other forms. I have plans >:) mwhaahaahaaaaaaa

Honestly...I have no clue how to end a legacy. I mean, do I get to ten and stop? Do I play through to the beginning of 11? How does one close the curtain on a story that's been going on for more than half a year? (It'll be more than six months by then...whenever "then" is!) I've never read an entire legacy before either, so I have no clue how this works. If anyone out there knows, I could use some pointers. But anyway, however it ends, I'll take a little break (if I can stand it) and roll out my spin-offs/alternate reality stories! I have exactly one thought out idea right now. I need, like, five lol.

Well, I still need to talk to you about that cross-over, but I'd need to catch up my story to a certain point to avoid confusion ;)
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    Origin ID: SummerFalls
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
    | Simblr | Youtube | I love creating sims! |
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I've never actually even finished playing a legacy, because my game would always become unstable/unplayable (in TS 2 and 3) by about the 4th/5th generation.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    aroseinbloomaroseinbloom Posts: 3,456 Member
    I've been wondering the same thing...how do you just end a story that's been going on for so long? Guh...the thought of it is scary!
  • Options
    I've been wondering about it as well, it can't just end at The End?
    Maybe something happens to end the Legacy Story or, could you just keep going? Although, ending it would be pretty hard.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
    House: Ravenclaw/Wampus - Wand: Alder wood with Unicorn hair core 10 ¾" and Slightly Springy flexibility - Patronus: Neblung Cat
  • Options
    Carewren123Carewren123 Posts: 2,658 Member
    I haven't ever even came close to finishing a legacy myself, but I've already been thinking about this for my apocalypse story. It'll be around for at least ten generations I know. The idea I have right now is to leave the ending very open ended. The last generation born... there whole life is full of wonderful possibilities... I'll probably end with with reflections on the past but looking towards the unknown future.
    E7A0Fe3.jpg
    Current Stories:
    Wren's Nest * * * Get a CLUE

Completed Stories: Ana Pringle

My Main Site: Carewren123 Sim Stories
    YouTube Channel: Carewren123 Sims
    Monthly Short Story Challenge Thread: Current Theme: April: Choose your screenshots.
  • Options
    Jes2GJes2G Posts: 13,032 Member
    In my heart of hearts, I would love to just flash "the end" and be done with it lol. I haven't mastered endings in any writing style, and I've struggled with it my entire life. When I was taking journalism classes, one of my teachers said that my articles would be strong, but I always had "throw away" endings lol. Even with goodbyes I don't do well with long ones.

I think this is a good question to pose to the larger group! We could use more insight. I'll come back with some suggestions for anyone who doesn't lurk there (Sims 4 Storyteller Group).
    forum_final.png

Read Delicious Dishes & Dreams and more Stories By Jes2G!
    Origin ID: Jes2G | Forum Thread | Twitter | Tumblr
  • Options
    Maybe you can end it with a beginning? The beginning to a spin-off!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    You know...I thought that! Problem is, that's one I can't plan right now seeing as how I have no clue who's going to be in those stories (or if I'll even like them enough to continue lol). But that is an excellent idea I am keeping in my back pocket J!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    No problem J!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    FloorRaisinFloorRaisin Posts: 1,340 Member
    I haven't ever even came close to finishing a legacy myself, but I've already been thinking about this for my apocalypse story. It'll be around for at least ten generations I know. The idea I have right now is to leave the ending very open ended. The last generation born... there whole life is full of wonderful possibilities... I'll probably end with with reflections on the past but looking towards the unknown future.

I'm glad that you posted this, because one of the only clear Legacy endings I can think of is to launch right into an Apocalypse challenge. :) But I have a feeling I'm gonna want a break from this fam by then, heh.
    The Wolff Legacy - whattheplum.wordpress.com - Latest update: Forward, Fast
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member

I'm glad that you posted this, because one of the only clear Legacy endings I can think of is to launch right into an Apocalypse challenge. :) But I have a feeling I'm gonna want a break from this fam by then, heh.

The Sims 2 Legacies I've read (and Prettacies and Uglacies) end with the birth of gen 10, then have an epilogue that covers the gen 10 growing up. In Candi's Uglacy, her gen 10 guy became the founder of the Prettacy (and married Bella Goth!).

I'm planning to raise my gen 10 Bough as a Wonder Child and then have him/her be the founder for the Apocalypse.
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
  • Options
    CathyTea wrote: »

The Sims 2 Legacies I've read (and Prettacies and Uglacies) end with the birth of gen 10, then have an epilogue that covers the gen 10 growing up. In Candi's Uglacy, her gen 10 guy became the founder of the Prettacy (and married Bella Goth!).

I'm planning to raise my gen 10 Bough as a Wonder Child and then have him/her be the founder for the Apocalypse.

Oooh, I was thinking of Leliana being the founder for my legacy. But then decided against it after I figured out a super awesome ending for my story.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    Ugh! There's no way I'm gonna jump into another challenge of any kind after ending this lol. Especially not an apocalypse one! That's like a legacy challenge on steroids! :p
    forum_final.png

• Options
    Thank you all for entertaining me all day and night for the past few days :D It was nice, and I needed it. Guess who's going to bed before midnight tonight!!! Ohhhhh yeeeeeah! I hope I actually sleep. Please, God, let me sleep!! o:) Gnite folks!
    forum_final.png

• Options
    It's so cool that I can now play TS4 on my Mac. Question is, will I? I hoped they learned a lot from the TS3 Mac horror show. I'm glad I had a PC to play on, otherwise my Sims career would have ended three years ago :\
    forum_final.png

• Options
    It's so cool that I can now play TS4 on my Mac. Question is, will I? I hoped they learned a lot from the TS3 Mac horror show. I'm glad I had a PC to play on, otherwise my Sims career would have ended three years ago :\

:O omg
    I don't own a Mac so I wouldn't know how it runs on there. Although, I hope I can get a new computer soon as my current PC needs an upgrade.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    I'm now 2 posts from 2,000 yay!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    RoseAzulRoseAzul Posts: 497 Member
    2000 posts, wow? Congrats!
    Shhh!

• Options
    RoseAzul wrote: »
    2000 posts, wow? Congrats!

Thanks! OOH, One more!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    It says you're at 2005
    forum_final.png

• Options
    It says you're at 2005

I'm in 2008, how have I travelled back in time?!
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    @CathyTea et all, I finished that blog post I said I was gonna do yesterday. Enjoy!
    https://pruettlegacy.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/normalcy-weirdness-and-lonerism/
    forum_final.png

• Options
    I'm nearly at 2015! I just need to get past the year the world was apparently going to end.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    @CathyTea et all, I finished that blog post I said I was gonna do yesterday. Enjoy!
    https://pruettlegacy.wordpress.com/2015/02/19/normalcy-weirdness-and-lonerism/

READ THIS. IT IS AN AMAZING POST.
    ooh_zpseebomb8i.png
  • Options
    CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    @Jes2G Oh! I'm so excited to read it! I was going to skim it before heading off to work, but I read the first paragraph, and now I see I want to ponder, not skim. So I will wait until a time when I can ponder and savor! Thank you for writing this, dearheart, and I'm looking forward to enjoying it and reflecting on it!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!