Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets Talk Premades!

Hello! I'm not really a Sim-maker so I tend to play the premades in a type of legacy play style, by this I mean I get them married and bred if it isn't done so already.

I had already played with a family for so long and realised that the premades were growing old and many cut off their own lineage by not having children. So I started a rotational play through with these premades.

At the moment I'm playing the Zest household which has got me in a bit of a pickle. The single male is called Zest Johnny and I thought it was an odd name. I've done some digging and found this page: http://www.thesims.com/news/familiar-faces

Skip to the part where it says "Johnny Zest is an ambitious new character we like to introduce." What a minute...Johnny Zest? Surely they mean Zest Johnny? No? Am I the only one where he's actually called Zest Johnny instead of Johnny Zest as they (the EA team) describe him as?

On another, slightly related note, who are your favourite premades (f you have any)? Are you siding with the familiar faces - Goths, Landgraabs as examples, or are you gearing towards some new faces that had caught your fancy i.e the Pancakes! I like the Chevis (I think that's how it's spelt) family. I had the older daughter Jazlyn marry Samson Barger and they have two kids (a girl and a boy, Rayne and Clay).
Origin Username: LizzieMay +++ New friends are always welcome :)

Comments

• Options
    KayeStarKayeStar Posts: 6,715 Member
    I have no favorite premades in this game. My only fave premades are in TS2.
    752d5ef1ccf6be4ae3b2e539a6376fe9ea400d9ar1-320-207_00.gif
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    Johnny Zest is definitely a favourite; he is super cute. I'm glad the Calientes made a return as well as the Landgraabs and the Goths. I think they're my favourites overall, but I find myself quite fond of J Huntington III (I think that's his name) as well.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • Options
    Bagoas77Bagoas77 Posts: 3,064 Member
    Is there a simguru Graham pre-made sim? I looked for him the other day, but didn't see him... but I think my filters were messed up.
  • Options
    CeliriaCeliria Posts: 3,488 Member
    I don't really play much with pre-mades as I usually delete them so I can have a town populated by random sims. But while I was testing features and getting the hang of the game I was quite fond of Liberty Lee.
  • Options
    ShutupandSimShutupandSim Posts: 124 Member
    > @SweetieKaye said:
    > I have no favorite premades in this game. My only fave premades are in TS2.

This^
  • Options
    TojaxTojax Posts: 5,076 Member
    I really like the Spencer-Kim-Lewis household. My sim visits them frequently and it's always such a vibrant, friendly place :)
  • Options
    DevSims91DevSims91 Posts: 470 Member
    My faves are Dina, Nina and Don. I aged them down and made them over, I now wanna play Johnny Zest!
  • Options
    Lizziemay12Lizziemay12 Posts: 1,178 Member
    @SweetieKaye -- Yeah I have a few favourite Premades in Sims 2, as well. I think I like the original townies such as Komei Tellerman and Abijeet Deppessi and the Ivy Copur's more than the playable families.

@writetheeulogy + @ShutupandSim -- Zest Johnny (in my game only it seems :sigh:) is pretty good-looking. I had him marry his longterm friend Taina or something like that and they had two children (girl and a boy) who grew up great. I haven't had any ugly sims born yet, so I'm waiting on a little diversity and interesting genetics to weedle out the "face 1", as it was called in Sims 2.

@Bagoas77 -- I think they added the SimGuru's to the Gallery. He may be in a house with other SimGuru's. I don't have any more information than that, I'm afraid. Also, who is that in your signature??? :p

@Celiria -- I haven't see her but I think she's in a house with someone called Summer Holiday who I've seen around. I'm probably going to get to that group soon, if they haven't already aged up to elder. I really should have done a rotational gameplay at the very start.

@Tojax -- I've seen these in the edit town mode. I doubt the older ones (the parents?) are alive still but I will check them out :)

@DevSims91 -- They all live together, with the sisters' mum Katrina. They were a fun group to play but I liked Katrina the most (I can see where the girls get their party flirty personality from) and I left them when she died of old age. My first sim death. I would have pleaded for her life, but Don was the only one around and they weren't friends.

I think that's everyone covered. I like reading about your experiences with other premades :)
  • Options
    AlnairanAlnairan Posts: 2,424 Member
    Mortimer Goth is my favourite premade of every sims game so far, Bella being a close second. I also like Don Lothario (though I heavily edited him and the Caliente sisters in TS4). Pancake Bob is great, too.
    6724061.png
    Origin ID: Gabby-Abeille
  • Options
    IconicIconic Posts: 427 Member
    @writetheeulogy + @ShutupandSim -- Zest Johnny (in my game only it seems :sigh:) is pretty good-looking. I had him marry his longterm friend Taina or something like that and they had two children (girl and a boy) who grew up great. I haven't had any ugly sims born yet, so I'm waiting on a little diversity and interesting genetics to weedle out the "face 1", as it was called in Sims 2.

No, it's not just your game. It's in mine as well and everyone's I believe. I used a testing cheat to change his name to Johnny Zest, as it should have been. I also used the modify relationship cheat to actually make him a part of the Landgraab family, like he's supposed to be; I made Geoffrey and Nancy his parents with Malcolm as his brother. That's the problem with The Sims; they'll make Sims, give you a story, but in-game it's a whole different thing. When I played The Sims 4, Johnny never even met the Landgraabs, even though they tell you that his family disowned him.
    Yes, I am the one obsessed with Michael Myers.
    Origin ID: iRetr0
    tumblr_ph50sjUexV1r2aobgo3_540.gif
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    I started with a single Sim (Pete), and he just had to fall in love with Alice Spencer-Kim (Willow Creek). He got her to divorce her husband, Eric Lewis, and then marry Pete. Pete moved into Alice's mansion with her father (Dennis Kim) and daughter (Olivia Spencer-Kim-Lewis). I moved Eric Lewis and his mom, Vivian, into another house so Olivia could stay close to them. Then I used a cheat to change all those horrible hyphenated names!

Anyway, I have been loving playing this mostly premade family. Pete and Alice had a son. Olivia has grown into a gorgeous teen. Grandpa Kim passed away, to much sobbing and crying; his tombstone is out in the garden he loved so much.
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    Chuck, The Dude and Armand
  • Options
    anosesanoses Posts: 146 Member
    Summer Holiday she is gorgeous :)
  • Options
    Alnairan wrote: »
    Mortimer Goth is my favourite premade of every sims game so far, Bella being a close second. I also like Don Lothario (though I heavily edited him and the Caliente sisters in TS4). Pancake Bob is great, too.

I edited the Caliente sisters a bit, too, but mostly because Nina had gained a bit of weight as time passed. I never managed to get it back down like her sister is (Dina's an athletic sim so she's always working out, alongside Don).

I'm not a massive fan of the Goth adults but I do like Alexander (because of the Geike legacy on here) and Cassandra because I feel bad that she falls for Don the Jerk. That being said, I'll probably play them soon once I'm happy to leave the Zest/Springer Household. I apparently dont get my game autosaved so I'm playing through Zest's final moments again.
    [...]
    I used a testing cheat to change his name to Johnny Zest, as it should have been. I also used the modify relationship cheat to actually make him a part of the Landgraab family, like he's supposed to be; I made Geoffrey and Nancy his parents with Malcolm as his brother. That's the problem with The Sims; they'll make Sims, give you a story, but in-game it's a whole different thing. When I played The Sims 4, Johnny never even met the Landgraabs, even though they tell you that his family disowned him.

I would edit his name but seeing as he's mere days/hours away from Death I'm leaving him be for now. His offspring all have his wife Tianna's last name (Springer) so no need really. I also didn't think to sort out his relationship to the Landgraab's. But I would have wanted the Landgraab twins to be related to the Springer kids. Does Sims 4 show external relationships as well as father-mother-brother-sister ones? Does it come up with grandparents as well?
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    Does Sims 4 show external relationships as well as father-mother-brother-sister ones? Does it come up with grandparents as well?

It does have grandparents, but they lived in the house with the child so I don't know (yet) if it works if the grandparents live in a different house.

• Options
    @MsPhy That's good to hear :) I've seen nephew so I expect niece to be there as well as well as Aunt and Uncle. And they were in a different household, so I suspect at one point they met each other?
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    My Sim in my first save married a pre-made who technically was "not in world" so he was one of the random townies, Cliff Tatum. They have a son who has kind of weird eyes (his mom is Asian, his dad whatever) and grew up wearing glasses (his mom wears glasses), so I thought that was kind of cool that he got sort of his mom's eyes.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    sholtxsholtx Posts: 832 Member
    J. Huntington III is one good looking bloke. I haven't played with him but all ladies in town want his attention apparently.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    AlcrestonAlcreston Posts: 70 Member
    I like the BFF household specifically the cutie Travis Scott. Chuck for the unofficially "official" premade cast.
  • Options
    yhuntresseyhuntresse Posts: 94 Member
    The BFF rather cute and I just had to get Travis and Summer together. As poor Lindsey, she's trying to get a man, but the one she was interested in was married. The first time I played johnny I made him gay and I might keep that if with my second shot at him.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,579 Member
    I have to say I only play premades when I'm participating in the Legacy Challenge. I started my first Sims4 Legacy just yesterday. But, sadly, I moved a premade into my Founder's household quite prematurely. Yes, they're friends, but so far any "intimate" talk, even something so simple as expressing fondness ends up in a very awkward moment, no matter which one of them brings it up. :( Since there's a restriction on just how many Sims you can add to the household over the course of the ten generations, I may be in trouble here. Summer Holiday is the Sim in question. I chose my singer Sim from Sims3, one I created myself, as my Founder. Once I saw there was an entertainer career in Sims4, I decided I didn't have to stop playing him, I would just recreate him in Sims4. (And man oh man, he's way more handsome.) Thing is, he was living in a version of Sunset Valley (County) so the fact they the Sims can joke about Sunset Valley is especially fitting for him. Sadly, also, this Sims' long history of an unhappy love life seems to have bled into the new game. :( And, here I thought he'd have better luck with one I didn't create for him. Who knew? Should make for quite the blog. :p
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    yhuntresse wrote: »
    The BFF rather cute and I just had to get Travis and Summer together. As poor Lindsey, she's trying to get a man, but the one she was interested in was married. The first time I played johnny I made him gay and I might keep that if with my second shot at him.

lol He is gay in my game too! Now he's married.
    beXSQcW.jpg
  • Options
    AnnabelleAnnabelle Posts: 248 Member
    Don Lathario pulled my first Sim right in! They said if you like it then put a ring on it, so that's what I did in record time!

Bella Goth doesn't look too bad either, not gonna lie! ;)
  • Options
    LogisitcsLogisitcs Posts: 1,156 Member
    L2CMUan.png
    Smoldering Bjorn Tu'Rock the 'Dude' and incredibly swoon-worthy Armand DiAggro

yvSBrpC.png?1
    Chuck Cenzo, the underwear dropper
  • Options
    @LOGISITCS the guy on the right, is he with a CC skin?
    beXSQcW.jpg