Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Of House and Sim

I don't know if there was anything in any of the bajillion tutorial windows at the start of the game about sharing your houses and/or sims with people thru the gallery, but could someone graciously do me a solid and let me know how to do that, I would be ever so grateful. I built a pretty rad house that looks like it was made from a couple of shipping containers (or as close as I could get it to look with the Sims4 materials) and I wanted to share it with y'all. So,yeah, please help a gal out. :# Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    CharlieOllie1108CharlieOllie1108 Posts: 577 Member
    Is it that difficult to share houses with people thru the gallery or did my question not make sense? :( Please help.
  • Options
    *crickets chirping* :|
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    After you finish your lot click the Folder with arrow in the top middle bar on the screen. Save it to your library. From there a window will open that allows you to give it a descript & share it to the Gallery by clicking the cloud icon in the lower left of the window.
  • Options
    Ah okie! So is it still possible to still do all that if I had my sim already on the lot as I was building it or do I have to kick her out in order to send the house to the gallery to share? And if I'm still able to share the house, will my sim be included? Just trying to cover all the bases of how the gallery actually works.

Thanks SO much for your help! I greatly appreciate it! :D
  • Options
    SpradaciSprojSpradaciSproj Posts: 1,272 Member
    Well, I've not shared a house with Sims, but I assume they would go with it if shared. Hopefully someone who knows for definite will answer that for us both.

And you are most welcome. :)
  • Options
    Okie..soo.. I have another question regarding sharing my creations. The internet in my house is rather shotty, but I have access to a computer that has stable connection. My question: Is there a way to upload my creations onto a usb and load them to the other computer to share or can it only be done through the computer with the game on it?

Hopefully all of that made sense.

Side question: which site works best with sharing pictures. I know if photobucket and I've used it in the past, but curious if there are better sites.

Thanks in advance! :D
  • Options
    Am..am I not cool enough for answers? *cries softly in the corner next to Blarfy..*
  • Options
    TrickTrick Posts: 1,538 Member
    It doesn't take a good connection to upload to the gallery. It only takes a second or two to upload them.
    banner-onlysims-800x140-1.png
    Because Geeks Really Do Have More Fun
  • Options
    MylitaMylita Posts: 4,447 Member
    I don't think it has anything to do with being cool. I'm not sure you can do what you propose, because you need to share it from within the game. This other computer probably doesn't have the game installed on it, yes? If not. then I don't think you will be able to share it that way.

Mylita
    No friends requests, please.
  • Options
    [quote="Mylita;12701577"]I don't think it has anything to do with being cool. I'm not sure you can do what you propose, because you need to share it from within the game. This other computer probably doesn't have the game installed on it, yes? If not. then I don't think you will be able to share it that way.

Mylita[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I thought... just wanted to make sure. Yeah the other computer is on it's last leg and wouldn't be able to handle the game. I was just teasing with my "not cool enough" comment, it was just better than randomly shouting "bump". :)

Thank you for your help, though! :D

[quote="Trick;12701570"]It doesn't take a good connection to upload to the gallery. It only takes a second or two to upload them.[/quote]

Sometimes the internet won't even stay connected for a second or two..."Oh you want internet? Here you go! Nope! No Internet for you!" Plus someone in my household went out if town and decided to disconnect the router, lock it away, and took the key with them because they're a big 🐸🐸🐸🐸. So I was just trying to figure out other options.

I thank you, too, for your reply! :D