Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Super Simple Museum Remodel for Parties / Events

As someone with a degree in history you'd think I'd find a way to appreciate the museum. And I did. It was a very pretty building but without a "looking at things" skill there's not a whole lot to do there. So I did a very quick remodel to host events there-- after all it was a very pretty building.

Here it is on imgur (I can't post images or links yet so bear with the modified URL format) hxxp://imgur.com/a/oMKWJ

It's not anything amazing but I'm happy with it. I'm more posting this to see if anyone can do a better job. =D

It's also in my gallery (along with a terrace room for the desert museum to adapt that). My Origin name is the same as my account here if you're interested. Hit me up, I'm not shy.

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    Your remodelled museum looks very nice! :) It is great that you have turned it into a place where sims can visit to enjoy having a party or an event. It looks great how you have set up the outdoors tables and chairs for eating and drinking outdoors. It looks very nice how you have furnished the interior rooms. Very nice indoors bar and dining area! The type of tables and chairs you have used there look nice. The pictures that are on the wall create a nice atmosphere in the build,It is great that you have created a kitchen for sims to enjoy doing cooking in. The long island kitchen counter looks great. Nice outdoors deck area for sims to enjoy sitting at the tables outdoors. It is great that you have placed the wedding arch in the build, so sims can get married there.
    The build is great! :)
    The link you have posted though needed to be changed to http instead.
  • Options
    Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    Actually I had to post it like that since I am not permitted to post real links yet, so to get around that I changed it to hxxp. I also can not post images yet, or I would have just put them in the thread normally.
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,614 Member
    I am sorry. I forgot about you not being able to post links. I remembered about you not being able to post the photos, but then forgot about the links! :)
  • Options
    Ash072Ash072 Posts: 1,324 Member
    edited September 2014
    As someone with a degree in history you'd think I'd find a way to appreciate the museum. And I did. It was a very pretty building but without a "looking at things" skill there's not a whole lot to do there. So I did a very quick remodel to host events there-- after all it was a very pretty building.
    Completely agree. Basic museum was a complete waste. Thanks for making a better alternate option! Can you do it for the Oasis Springs one also? :smile:
    5sXtTqH.png
  • Options
    I have a room for the oasis springs one in the gallery (along with this). I just put everything outside on the terrace. I wish I could link to the gallery but if you wanna find me my name here is my Origin name.
  • Options
    Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 7,000 Member
    @Leo_Gruen

Can you please show us a picture? I'd like to see this new lot of yours.

You can easily post an image by place an image URL in the image URL tab, and pressing the space bar. ( The button looks like a piece of dogeared paper )
  • Options
    Hi! It actually won't let me add images yet, I'm not sure if it's a post-count thing or some kind of timer.

Oasis Springs is at: imgur.com/a/C8x7B

and the original is a: imgur.com/a/oMKWJ