Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How to make items bigger or smaller? + a camera question

I can't for the life of me figure this out. I know I have to press Tab and [ ], but to get [ ] I have to press Ctrl, Alt, 8 or 9. So I grab the item I want to make bigger or smaller and press Tab and then Ctrl, Alt, 8 or 9. I move the item around and nothing happens. What am I doing wrong? Help! Lol

Here's my Camera question: I only look down (in an angle ... if that makes sense?) at my Sims. I can look straight at them if I move the camera close to the ground, but what I want to do is get an overview of the landscape and the world like we could in the Sims 3. I want to have my camera up in the air and look straight ahead. Is that possible at all?

Comments

• Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited September 2014
    In the options you can change it to the Sims 3 style camera.

As for the size cheat, I've never done it, but I think you just push tab and whatever the [ key is, but not necessarily the extra keys you would use to actually type a [.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited September 2014
    I changed the camerastyle, but I still can't look around and get an overview of the landscape:-/

I don't have keyboard keys just for [ ] :(

Thank you for trying to help though! :)
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    This is what I mean when I ask about camera angle:

TS4
    e4c1d2fa-9e46-470e-b815-4a3c9756eade_zps6cbde4fe.png

TS3
    d08e4ccb-cf3a-449f-8f5c-7f505e58c6d2_zps5a4596d1.jpg

d4bb76e8-4fc3-46b3-b217-a0c13499d460_zpsa1e6705b.jpg
  • Options
    LustfulApplePieLustfulApplePie Posts: 9 New Member
    I'm having the same issue, can't figure out how to change the size of the objects :c
    (I thought it was shift + [ ?)
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    edited September 2014
    Try shift + [ ] for objects bigger/smaller that's how I do it

But if you do it to an object already placed down you have to move the object before it grows but if you buy the object and don't place it down you should be able to watch it grow
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 New Member
    edited September 2014
    Krisha880 wrote: »
    Here's my Camera question: I only look down (in an angle ... if that makes sense?) at my Sims. I can look straight at them if I move the camera close to the ground, but what I want to do is get an overview of the landscape and the world like we could in the Sims 3. I want to have my camera up in the air and look straight ahead. Is that possible at all?

You should be able to do that by pressing TAB then moving your mouse to the desired angle.

Example of Sims 4 Landscape View
    i4hf9s.jpg

• Options
    Thanks I'll try again
  • Options
    renzillarenzilla Posts: 725 Member
    In order to get items bigger it is Shift + ] and to size them back down it's Shift + [. Since you don't have an exclusive [ ] key I'm not sure how you'd go about it, though. Also, to get the landscape view, make sure you have The Sims 3 camera enabled, zoom out, and then right click and drag until you get the angle you want. Hope this helps.
  • Options
    shortly, on a totally different matter, I can't the pic to work on my signature..can anyone lend a hand to a newbie?
  • Options
    Vicks06Vicks06 Posts: 728 Member
    shortly, on a totally different matter, I can't the pic to work on my signature..can anyone lend a hand to a newbie?

You need 50 points to use sigs/pictures that will bump you up from "new member" to "member" I'll like some of your posts to try help
    ||Origin Name: VicksLouise||UK Simmer||Simmer since 2000||My Fanart||My Gallery||
  • Options
    JaylinaJaylina Posts: 256 Member
    I tried ALT +] to make an item larger and ALT+ [ to make the items smaller.
  • Options