Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to completely block a user's posts?

I'm tired of seeing a certain disgusting troller's posts everywhere I go. Is there a way to completely block someone on this site so you never have to see them again?
44444.gif

Comments

• Options
    joop123joop123 Posts: 1,616 Member
    you could use adblocker to block the profile pic, then ignore the user by clicking ignore on his profile page :)
    •New Zealand
    •Collectors Edition + Headset
    Story behind my username: it's a unisex spray, when i made my account i couldn't think of anything so i chose that :P

Sims%2Bseries%2B%28512x146%29.jpgSims4SpinningBlumbot.gif

• Options
    Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    It is getting ridiculous some of them have a million abuse reports and are still posting... and tonight it went too far and sure I would ignore except cause its all over my screen. It looks as if I were in some p0rno site
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited August 2014
    No but there is a work around. But we shouldn't have to do that...the ignore button should work better. I made a thread about it being upgraded, hopefully they consider as the other simmers seem to agree with it. : \

Edit- Spelling
  • Options
    robotpanda34robotpanda34 Posts: 3,387 Member
    I don't think their a way to block a user
  • Options
    LightestsLightests Posts: 853 Member
    the ignore button doesnt work, all it does it break the forum, but you still see them
    tumblr_n4lzmoWGk41s7cn3go1_400.gif
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    Great, this sucks. Thanks, EA, for doing such a stellar job at protecting your forums. It's great to know we can always rely on you. :)))))
    44444.gif
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    I actually think he might be gone now, his last thread went from closed to deleted.
  • Options
    He is posting in other threads and not one comment but 5 per page and the forum "hides it" but you can see the picture just fine
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    jvms20jvms20 Posts: 636 Member
    Oh, I've noticed the same people trolling all over these forums as well. I guess some trolls even take it to a new level and make an account dedicated to some troll persona. :o But it's nothing new. Trolls are all over the internet. :/
    mRzKqv8.gif?1
  • Options
    Vlaxitov wrote: »
    I actually think he might be gone now, his last thread went from closed to deleted.

But I don't think his account was deleted. See, what EA should do is ban his IP from the entire website. But of course they wouldn't do that—it would take a pesky amount of effort.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    Um is it just me or when I ignore the troll his post still show up
  • Options
    I've never seen it so out of control before... not in the sims 3 forums
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    jvms20 wrote: »
    Oh, I've noticed the same people trolling all over these forums as well. I guess some trolls even take it to a new level and make an account dedicated to some troll persona. :o But it's nothing new. Trolls are all over the internet. :/

Oh I know, but the only room I can browse the web in is the living room, right out in the open. I don't want my little sister or my mom glancing over at my screen at just the wrong time and seeing his disgusting picture. Maybe I'll just stay away from the forum until this is sorted out. :\
    44444.gif
  • Options

Not just you, I tried ignoring him too but it didn't do anything
    44444.gif
  • Options
    rooroomay1509rooroomay1509 Posts: 2,693 Member
    edited August 2014
    Vlaxitov wrote: »

But I don't think his account was deleted. See, what EA should do is ban his IP from the entire website. But of course they wouldn't do that—it would take a pesky amount of effort.

Not only that but there could be problems in banning IP. I've heard innocent people may be banned from this too and etc etc.

The troll will never leave, said so themselves that until they are banned permanently they won't stop...we are SOL. >_>
  • Options
    TMarieTMarie Posts: 183 Member
    I.Ps can be changed easily unfortunately :( They need to perma ban the Origin account and that user name....and keep doing that till, hopefully, he/she gives up.
    Origin I.D. : TovahMarie

"Plum went to the plum to plum plumly"

tumblr_n0solrOrvy1ts8vabo2_400.gif

• Options

Not just you, I tried ignoring him too but it didn't do anything
    I'm glad I not the only one with this problem
  • Options
    There must be a way to at least keep him out of posting like mute him or whatever
    21mbz47.jpg
  • Options
    TMarie wrote: »
    I.Ps can be changed easily unfortunately :( They need to perma ban the Origin account and that user name....and keep doing that till, hopefully, he/she gives up.

Really? Hmph, I had no idea IPs could be changed. But either way, I used to spend all my time on a forum for younger children when I was a kid, and not once did I come across anything like that. There is a way to control it, but EA can't be bothered, I guess. :\
    44444.gif
  • Options
    > @MelanieSimlish said:
    > TMarie wrote: »
    >
    > I.Ps can be changed easily unfortunately They need to perma ban the Origin account and that user name....and keep doing that till, hopefully, he/she gives up.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Really? Hmph, I had no idea IPs could be changed. But either way, I used to spend all my time on a forum for younger children when I was a kid, and not once did I come across anything like that. There is a way to control it, but EA can't be bothered, I guess. :\

If I was going to play devils advocate I would say the maybe EA wasn't expecting this problem on the Sims 4 forums. I mean I don't remember it being THIS bad on the Sims 3 forums. Considering the uproar people have had over this game though I think EA should have better prepared it's forums for troll attacks.

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Ah. The mind of a 12 year old bully. Makes me happy I'm not that age anymore.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    SForresterSForrester Posts: 160 Member
    just ignore them
    tumblr_ljevkx1LHB1qfgm55_zpseb50a181.gif
  • Options
    EasyToReadEasyToRead Posts: 7,813 Member
    SForrester wrote: »
    just ignore them
    That is exactly what those EA folks are doing. They already close numerous of this thread. How many chances is this guy going to get before he is axed...
    hEFcp6z.gif
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    I was thinking about tweeting EA about this but I don't know which account to message on Twitter. I mean this is absurd at this point. For that picture alone this person should be charged with distribution/promotion of child 🐸🐸🐸🐸.

• Options
    deltagirl1326deltagirl1326 Posts: 468 Member
    While it's all disgusting I DO find it a little hilarious that EA created a game and site for 12 yr olds and now their forum is being bombarded with 🐸🐸🐸🐸! :p Actually, now I'm thinking that may be a way to report this guy federally!