Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No Family Trees (Sims 4)?

I play the sims for generational purposes.
:(

Comments

• Options
    ForeversimmerxForeversimmerx Posts: 167 Member
    I play the sims for generational purposes.<br />

There are indeed no family trees, i guess maybe you will use familyecho? If you get the game.
    195dnd.png

Origin ID: Foreversimmerx
  • Options
    Srikandi715Srikandi715 Posts: 1,753 Member
    Family structure is unchanged. Family trees were just an interface element. As @Foreversimmerx said, just a matter of keeping track on your own... maybe there'll be an early mod like Twallan's for TS3 that dumped the family tree data from your save file into a text file on your PC that could be imported into a standalone family tree app :)
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    Sorry it's been confirmed that the family tree will not be in the game. You can still have kids, but there won't be a family tree to track your generations.
  • Options
    natashifiednatashified Posts: 3,314 Member
    I know, this made me VERY sad and turned me neutral to the game, still supporting it, but no high-hopes.

~Kaleb
  • Options
    wormofthebookwormofthebook Posts: 176 Member
    ldauop39735.png
  • Options
    grimacediagrimacedia Posts: 42 Member
    I play the sims for generational purposes.<br />

I know it is disappointing, but it sounds like most people are planning to use pen and paper or family tree programs to compensate for it. I do wish we had an in-game representation of the generations though, since portraits and graveyards/ghosts are out. Also recording your sims' family tree yourself only works if you aren't interested in the family trees of the pre-generated families and townies, since that data will be impossible to reach.
  • Options
    the11thmoonthe11thmoon Posts: 249 Member
    I'm more shocked about this, than anything else now.
    Looking back at my family tree was a GAME feature in itself.
    I loved keeping track and seeing how everyone connected together...
    It's one thing after another... all the generational aspects seem to be taken away.
  • Options
    You know, at this point. I can't complain.
    I'll just have to wait until much later on to consider buying this game.
    Until they add the essential features.
    That's all.
  • Options
    JohnConnorJohnConnor Posts: 1,223 Member
    There's a very helpful 'Alternatives to family trees' thread on the previous page that might well be worth referring to.
    9c1d242c-c6d4-48fa-a82e-53ea24a39377_zpse2967e49.jpg?t=1409877900
  • Options
    Ok. Thank you.
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    I just feel like whoever was making the big decisions (Rachel? Grant?) had no clue how people actually played the game. If you view all of the changes through that lens -- toddlers, pools, family trees, babies as objects, no CASt, etc. -- the things they did start making a lot more sense.

Now, the question of why they put a clueless person in charge of the big decisions is still a giant raging question mark...