Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No demo for me..tried EVERYTHING! :(

RoxxPinkkRoxxPinkk Posts: 6 New Member
edited August 2014 in PC - Technical Discussions
I have re-installed origin and demo, I have tried the compatibility changer, no matter what I do i still get black screen and llama this is ruining my Sims 4 experience and I am now debating buying the game if I am having this much trouble with a demo.

Comments

• Options
    QuelsimmyQuelsimmy Posts: 531 Member
    What are your pc specs?
  • Options
    BF said it meets all requirements...hes smart with computers so I had him check for me cant figure it out either.
  • Options
    Ask him if he can update your graphics card drivers.
  • Options
    Mmmyrs2Mmmyrs2 Posts: 1,348 Member
    I had to totally restart my pc for it to start for me.
  • Options
    Ive tried restarting lol I just tried re-doing everything again, running as admin. etc etc. My graphics cards are fine....as I can play Sims 3 with no issues. When I load demo into Origin again it keeps saying I have been playing for 19 hours...so thats like a little slap in the face hahah... Ive literally tried and tried and still end up with that blank screen and a llama.
  • Options
    Sasskitten02Sasskitten02 Posts: 101 Member
    > @RoxxPinkk said:
    > Ive tried restarting lol I just tried re-doing everything again, running as admin. etc etc. My graphics cards are fine....as I can play Sims 3 with no issues. When I load demo into Origin again it keeps saying I have been playing for 19 hours...so thats like a little slap in the face hahah... Ive literally tried and tried and still end up with that blank screen and a llama.

What windows program do you use? Have you tried running as admin? Did you try contacting Origin?
  • Options
    ... a llama?
    Also, you should check those drivers none the less, TS3 is already a bit "older"
  • Options
    Windows 7, Yes ive tried to run as admin, I have not tried to contact Origin as Im hoping one of my smart Simmers could help me, but ive tried all my options and still nothing
  • Options
    Blank screen shows up then when I right click a pic of a llama shows up
  • Options
    Im gonna have him look into it again hes way more tech savy than I am lol
  • Options
    > @RoxxPinkk said:
    > Im gonna have him look into it again hes way more tech savy than I am lol
    >

If it helps the demo is not all that great. They make it look like you can move and adjust things so easy. But it's not that easy.
  • Options
    > @RoxxPinkk said:
    > Im gonna have him look into it again hes way more tech savy than I am lol
    >

Also, did you make sure your computer was up to date and tried to temporarily turn off your anti virsu while you installed it and play it?
  • Options
    NocturnesRequiemNocturnesRequiem Posts: 87 Member
    edited August 2014
    Please follow that link and have your boyfriend post your dxdiag information there and basically just follow the instructions.

If you missed it. Click there and post your dxdiag and your version of Origin. The instructions for what to do are on page 9.
  • Options
    edited August 2014
    > @RoxxPinkk said:
    > I have re-installed origin and demo, I have tried the compatibility changer, no matter what I do i still get black screen and llama this is ruining my Sims 4 experience and I am now debating buying the game if I am having this much trouble with a demo.

poke poke