Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How expansive is your Sims' lineage?

Good morning, evening, afternoon, and 1AM (in the case of myself) to you all.

I often find myself having trouble sticking with a single save file or family for very long in all of the Sims games that I own and so, in an endeavor to improve my grandiose record of 4 generations, I ask you these questions three:
1. What is the longest you have stuck with a single bloodline for?
2. What do you do to keep yourself engaged with a family after they get rich, famous, and successful?
3. What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
q6goV2s.png
Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2014
    Like you I just can't stick to one family for generations. I don't think I've made it past gen 3. It just gets too boring. It's like later, rinse, repeat to me.

When there are so many Sims to be made and so many stories to tell I can't limit myself to one family.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited July 2014
    Hi :D

I made it to 5 generations in TS3. The only reason I quit was because I got the CAW itch and had to build a new world. :lol:

I had a plan- I started with the base game and was going to play through every town/world EA made- in order... which meant I had to add an expansion as I played.
    Up to two generations in a town while I chose my favorite Sims to marry into the family.

Sunset Valley was Mortimer... the 1st was a random Sim because Morty had to grow up. In Riverview it was Don Lothario and then Bob Newbie- then I did make it to Barnacle Bay with the 5th generation heir for one of the Caliente Sisters but I quit... :(

I want to try it again because I had so much fun. :lol:
  • Options
    MmdrgntobldrgnMmdrgntobldrgn Posts: 6,680 Member
    edited July 2014
    I tend to play legacy challenges. My primary family/save that I play off and on is up to generation 10 {I say 9 on my banner because I had to do a mini restart}, I've seen people post that they're up to their 15th generation.

One thing that makes it fun for me is the challenge, no two sims ever have the same ltw, all traits are rolled which keeps me from getting in a trait rut.

I've got another file started where I'm restarting the challenge with a few changes on the rules trying to make it even harder with the goal of playing through every career and employment option through one family line. Which would be about 20 to 48 generations depending on # of kids after the first two generations.
    Peace, GranMama Dragon
    Exploring life through imagination & satire since 1969.
    Save Game Often
    repair & clear caches Often
    S3 Studio
    S3 blog Story, lists of empty lots by world
    Behrooz
    S2/3/4 Randomnes