Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Feedback: The Sims 4 CAS Demo - CLOSED - PLEASE GO TO NEW THREAD!

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited July 2014
    There are a few people streaming TS4 CAS still :mrgreen:

http://www.twitch.tv/directory/game/The Sims 4
  • Options
    bflurybflury Posts: 2,603 Member
    edited July 2014
    We want to know what YOU think! This thread is the place to share your feedback, and let us know if you spot any bugs or issues.
    Yeah, toddlers are missing.

Kidding aside...What I think is that it is really lame that I don't have access when I own all the EPs, two copies of the base game, and more than half of the store.
    "In Short, The Sims 4's biggest problem is that The Sims 3 exists." - Kevin VanOrd, Gamespot. Scored 6.0 of 10.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,558 Member
    edited July 2014
    I hope that the sims4 create a sims demo will be avable to the general public by next week i have preoredred the premium edition at my local eb games so why since i preordered the premium edition should i have to wait?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    edited July 2014
    If it is out for a few simmers now does this mean we could get at the of July ??. :?: :?:

It will be available for everyone later on this Summer.

Hm, and no official release window? This is a demo, so unless the game is still riddled with bugs 55 days from release I don't see why there should be extensive testing done on a free demo. Slap a disclaimer on it, and ship it to everyone. "THIS IS A DEMO, EXPECT BUGS", would get the job done a hellofa lot faster than a select random few who are going to report back on the forums? Really? After a petition with 16,000+ signatures is presented to you saying they aren't happy with the state of your game, we were supposedly given this demo (kind of as an apology) but even then it's to a select few until the "end of summer" which for all the general public knows could be sometime in August. Sure this is good for hyping up your game, which is all the marketing folks care about but this is not good for the relationship between developers and the community, which marketing hasn't seemed to care about at all until there is a petition brought to their attention, and then they care enough to write a post then it's back to business.

• Options
    mwdonohuemwdonohue Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited July 2014
    Memina11 wrote:
    I hope that the sims4 create a sims demo will be avable to the general public by next week i have preoredred the premium edition at my local eb games so why since i preordered the premium edition should i have to wait?

I wouldn't be surprised if it were released by Friday. I wasn't expecting this to be released the day after its announcement. So who knows?
  • Options
    Azarinop2Azarinop2 Posts: 776 Member
    edited July 2014
    I'm going to post this image onto this thread in hope that Hydra's reaction is "Aw this guy has bought all of the sims games for TS3, so he deserves an early demo ;D"

sadface.jpg

My Origin is MrAzarino (Azarino@outlook.com) <3
    :(
    Me on a spiritual level
    30vnk7k.gif
  • Options
    tayluhlebretontayluhlebreton Posts: 96 Member
    edited July 2014
    bflury wrote:
    We want to know what YOU think! This thread is the place to share your feedback, and let us know if you spot any bugs or issues.
    Yeah, toddlers are missing.

Kidding aside...What I think is that it is really lame that I don't have access when I own all the EPs, two copies of the base game, and more than half of the store.

My thoughts exactly.. "select few". That's crap. :x
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited July 2014
    Stdlr9 wrote:
    Yes, apparently it's out for a few select invitees. Not being one of the bootlickers, I suspect it's for the cheerleaders and fangirls and fanboys first. I don't care personally, just letting others know that yes, some must have the demo now.

Its out for more people than just the "bootlickers". One of my friends got it, don't be sore just because you didn't get it yet. But even normal non forum junkies got it too
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    mysticdiva2mysticdiva2 Posts: 699 Member
    edited July 2014
    I didnt get it....I think they should have released it to all of us to try it out....
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    If it is out for a few simmers now does this mean we could get at the of July ??. :?: :?:

It will be available for everyone later on this Summer.
    Any idea of a release date?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Memina11 wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if it were released by Friday. I wasn't expecting this to be released the day after its announcement. So who knows?

Honestly with it being just the Young Adult age group, there isn't jack squat that wouldn't take more than a couple hours to test. So I can fully see them releasing it by the end of the week if they wanted too. Marketing is going to say it's super early and needs to be tested for weeks, but yeah I doubt it. Color me bitter, but I am just done with their marketing crap these days. Just give players their consolation demo, and get it over with.
  • Options
    Lilsim1013Lilsim1013 Posts: 13 New Member
    edited July 2014
    I think there is an eye color missing. The dark blue one between the two green ones. Is that the kind of feedback you want?
    I'm having tons of fun! :)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Memina11 wrote:

Honestly with it being just the Young Adult age group, there isn't jack squat that wouldn't take more than a couple hours to test. So I can fully see them releasing it by the end of the week if they wanted too. Marketing is going to say it's super early and needs to be tested for weeks, but yeah I doubt it. Color me bitter, but I am just done with their marketing crap these days. Just give players their consolation demo, and get it over with.

Someone did state before that they could have put a disclaimer on it. But I don't know. A release date of when the demo will be released (or at least a range other than "in summer") would be nice.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,558 Member
    edited July 2014
    What they do not know is that we are in summer actually sorry for the small rant but i fine it pretty unfair that they are making the sims4 create a sims demo avalable by invite only ok rant over i already know that i am buying the gosl for me of downloading the demo was that i could create my sims ahead of time and save them to add when i would have my copy of the sims4 premium install on my computer.
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Memina11 wrote:

Someone did state before that they could have put a disclaimer on it. But I don't know. A release date of when the demo will be released (or at least a range other than "in summer") would be nice.

I think it's more to test the stability of their gallery servers, but still it's a dumb approach to releasing the demo. Not 100% of people who were picked with the demo are going to use the gallery now, or ever. So it's not a completely accurate testing procedure.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    mwdonohue wrote:
    mwdonohue wrote:
    Memina11 wrote:

I think it's more to test the stability of their gallery servers, but still it's a dumb approach to releasing the demo. Not 100% of people who were picked with the demo are going to use the gallery now, or ever. So it's not a completely accurate testing procedure.

If that's the case, I can see the reasons. They don't want to overload the servers and such. But, another question comes in. Why don't they gradually add people to the point where they include everyone. That way they can test the servers to the limit.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited July 2014
    I received an email today inviting me to download it from Origin. Thank you! I can't wait to get home and check it out! I might have to leave work early today. All of a sudden, I'm not feeling so well. :wink:

The email said this:

"You have been specifically selected for this trial because of your experience with The Sims 3 and because you have opted-in to receive communications from EA."
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Sorry. Double post.
  • Options
    BD5141BD5141 Posts: 3,044 Member
    edited July 2014
    Sometimes I'm just about fed up with EA and all their antics! I've been a Simmer since The Original Sims, I own every expansion, every world and all store stuff and I still own all of The Original Sims along with expansions and all of Sims 2, expansions and stuff packs but just like the birthday gift that I never got, every year I looked for the birthday set and would call which didn't do me any good. EA doesn't pick the Simmers that spend their money on their stuff! Nor even give them a little trinket and this is the first time that I've not been on the new Sims band wagon nor pre-ordered but this just goes to show this should have been released for all not just a select few! Why do some have to wait while others get to enjoy the demo? Bad business if you ask me!
  • Options
    Twoyys4meTwoyys4me Posts: 68 Member
    edited July 2014
    Congrats Nik.. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Oh, and hope you feel better soon. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Twoyys4me wrote:
    Congrats Nik.. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Oh, and hope you feel better soon. :mrgreen:
    Thanks, Twoyys4me! Long time no see. I hope you're doing well. Take care!
  • Options
    JanaLove1213JanaLove1213 Posts: 6 New Member
    edited July 2014
    Average simmers got it too... i'm currently downloading it and I don't do those kind of things
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    BD5141 wrote:
    Sometimes I'm just about fed up with EA and all their antics! I've been a Simmer since The Original Sims, I own every expansion, every world and all store stuff and I still own all of The Original Sims along with expansions and all of Sims 2, expansions and stuff packs but just like the birthday gift that I never got, every year I looked for the birthday set and would call which didn't do me any good. EA doesn't pick the Simmers that spend their money on their stuff! Nor even give them a little trinket and this is the first time that I've not been on the new Sims band wagon nor pre-ordered but this just goes to show this should have been released for all not just a select few! Why do some have to wait while others get to enjoy the demo? Bad business if you ask me!

Well all of the YibSims seem to have been given access to the demo. So it seems that after they got them, there was some randomization to it. Bad business definitely. If they really felt bad like their blog post led people to believe, we would all be able to test this demo, but it's not really for testing it's for hype building purposes which is an unsavory move to pull with the position they are already in.
  • Options
    SprinklesBonBonSprinklesBonBon Posts: 2,727 Member
    edited July 2014
    it's a bit of a bummer that some of us didn't get to try the demo, but I'm pretty excited seeing other's photo's that did get to try it out :P I'll just look forward to doing it myself when the game is released :lol: lol
    Still waiting for Toddlers...
  • Options
    jadawada123abc1jadawada123abc1 Posts: 4
    edited July 2014
    Hey I have the demo of CAS you did invite me to it.But when I opened it up I exspirenced a graphical issue.When I open up the sims the sims turn out like this:

2v8r8mu.png

Close Up:
    whmqex.jpg

The pictures of the sims looks fine but making the sim the graphics is all messed up
    hwgygy.png

My laptop type (DxDiag file format)

v5ft61.png

I have all of the nessary things for the Sims 4 to work

I have also had a problem with moving the face features I can only move the mouth any where else I click it can be far away from the mouth it would only have me move the mouth

j9664z.png

Also about uploading I did upload the sim (Lisa Martinez)And the picture looks fine

s59wt0.png

But I don't want other simmers to have this issue too

So EA please help and make sure than no one else has this problem and The sims is my favorite game so please fix it! :) Thank You~

This discussion has been closed.
Return to top