Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

No toddlers?! I won't be buying this game.

I won't buy the game.
I play the sims to tell generational stories...
Babies growing right into toddlers?
Silly!

Comments

• Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    edited June 2014
    I won't buy the game.
    Babies growing right into toddlers?
    Silly!

If that's silly, why wouldn't you like how they go from babies->children now? :lol:
  • Options
    the11thmoonthe11thmoon Posts: 249 Member
    edited June 2014
    Everyone plays the game for different reasons.

My main reason? To build generations. Legacies.
    And even though Toddlers were the most annoying life stage, I still want it there, because it served a REALISTIC purpose. Storytelling, if you will.

How could they take out a crucial life stage? What ARE THEY THINKING?!

I was upset about the closed world. BUT THIS, is taking it too far. They are messing with our experience in the game.
  • Options
    addicted242addicted242 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2014
    When the released that they weren't including toddlers in the base game I was a little confused. I mean you'd think they'd add a life stage instead of taking one away you know? Anyway it just gonna be odd when babies age up straight to children. Some people say it isn't a core part of the game, alright maybe not for you but I loved the toddlers and it is a major life stage, it really shows growth in your sims. Yah so it may be a really annoying life stage to some but it's probs my favourite one and I'm a bit disappointed that it won't be in the base game. There were also rumours of a pre-teen life stage and sure that would be awesome but hopefully the toddlers come first.
  • Options
    pguidapguida Posts: 7,481 Member
    edited June 2014
    When the released that they weren't including toddlers in the base game I was a little confused. I mean you'd think they'd add a life stage instead of taking one away you know? Anyway it just gonna be odd when babies age up straight to children.

Then childdren will basically grow into adults. Teens are as tall as adults, wear the same clothes. They basically just have a tad more narrow shoulders and hips and a bit puffier cheeks.
  • Options
    VIRGINQUEENVIRGINQUEEN Posts: 89 New Member
    edited June 2014
    i agree we all play for different reasons . i like playing family and no toddler is a huge setback. i did have plan to get the game a some point but now i will to have watch a few lets plays and see what it like.
  • Options
    SimmeringSoulSimmeringSoul Posts: 159 New Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:
    When the released that they weren't including toddlers in the base game I was a little confused. I mean you'd think they'd add a life stage instead of taking one away you know? Anyway it just gonna be odd when babies age up straight to children.

Then childdren will basically grow into adults. Teens are as tall as adults, wear the same clothes. They basically just have a tad more narrow shoulders and hips and a bit puffier cheeks.

Ugh. Every time I read this, I get a little more annoyed. The audacity is maddening. And then they palm that off as though they're some incredible, unique and rich aspect of the game. Naturally, they'll reuse most of the adult animations beyond any doubt. :evil: If you ever needed evidence of the cheap, deceptive nature of the designers when it comes to TS4...
  • Options
    addicted242addicted242 Posts: 116 New Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:

Yah I know, I saw the post on the Sims VIP. I respect that they're trying something new, but as I was in the beginning I'm still unsure how I feel about it. I mean its a life simulation...shouldn't it simulate life stages according to real life or a least the major ones?
  • Options
    IcySlashIcySlash Posts: 1,070 Member
    edited June 2014
    pguida wrote:

Yah I know, I saw the post on the Sims VIP. I respect that they're trying something new, but as I was in the beginning I'm still unsure how I feel about it. I mean its a life simulation...shouldn't it simulate life stages according to real life or a least the major ones?
    Because emotions.