Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tea Time Fancy Dress Party CAS SET

Dear Store Team,

How about giving us a CAS Set, mostly for our elders, so they can go out on the town and drink tea and eat scones in some fabulous new outfits!? The Set should include:

- Traditional garments

- Bustle dresses (teens, young adults, adults, elders)

- Artsy, hip and trendy clothes

And how about giving us the Alice in Wonderland dress as well?

If you could include some new hairstyles, like long hair, straight and curly, as well as some new options for makeup, that would be great!

Best regards,
Kristin

Comments

• Options
    Dexx216Dexx216 Posts: 50 Member
    edited June 2014

I'm pretty sure I saw on Twitter the last few days that their focus isn't on CAS right now.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dexx216 wrote:
    I'm pretty sure I saw on Twitter the last few days that their focus isn't on CAS right now.
    Welcome to the forum Dexx, and you are right. There was something that was said about there being no CAS items in July release. This was said back before they had confirmed a tea set being in the release. But I do like Krisha idea of having some CAS item in the release. But instead of just making it mostly elder stuff. Make it from young adults on up to elders. :wink::D
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited June 2014
    Dexx216 wrote:
    I know, unfortunately :( But I'm hoping that a "Tea Time Fancy Dress Party CAS SET" can tie in with the Tea Set at a later point. I just want some new clothes for our elderly Sims, and it would be a great way to get the Traditional garments, the hip and trendy clothes and the bustle skirts if they can't give us a whole CAS Set of each.

Edit: Where are my manners! Welcome to the forum Dexx :D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I know this is a suggestion for a complete mishmash Set, but it's my hope that they can at least give us some of each if they can't make all the differet Sets :P

3ae59a85-8482-4998-b48b-33dc377303e8_zps9c2ae2c0.jpg

acedcf63-6c7f-4b92-9bca-ba961a9759c9_zpsc4d6ec5e.jpg

1cbc0784-c41b-44ac-ae5d-bce7171b7ddc_zpsd083443c.jpg

4b03f9ae-a3df-4061-91ed-7c428612e65b_zpsc2d98800.jpg

d52007d2-abfb-4f13-bcab-8279fce658bd_zpsad465c4b.jpg

4366247_f260_zps1ad66bca.jpg

• Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    Dexx216 wrote:
    Welcome to the forum Dexx, and you are right. There was something that was said about there being no CAS items in July release. This was said back before they had confirmed a tea set being in the release. But I do like Krisha idea of having some CAS item in the release. But instead of just making it mostly elder stuff. Make it from young adults on up to elders. :wink::D

But think of the children!!!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    Dexx216 wrote:

I know, but the elders are even more neglected than children and teens. I do wish we could get more clothes for children and teens as well though.
  • Options
    dizzydeedizzydee Posts: 1,269 Member
    edited June 2014
    Krisha880 wrote:
    Dear Store Team,

How about giving us a CAS Set, mostly for our elders, so they can go out on the town and drink tea and eat scones in some fabulous new outfits!? The Set should include:

- Traditional garments

- Bustle dresses (teens, young adults, adults, elders)

- Artsy, hip and trendy clothes

And how about giving us the Alice in Wonderland dress as well?

If you could include some new hairstyles, like long hair, straight and curly, as well as some new options for makeup, that would be great!

Best regards,
    Kristin

You have my vote.
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited June 2014
    Krisha880 wrote:
    ...I know, but the elders are even more neglected than children and teens...

So true...it's downright pitiful. :?

I'm not particularly moved about 19th-century specifically themed clothing for elders (or adults). While that attire is beautiful, I personally wouldn't get much use out of it. I would prefer late 20th-century classic and modern and maybe even trendy, as long as the set offered a nice variety of selections for elders. I could get a LOT of use out of this kind of clothing across the board, and I believe many other players could too. These styles would also be perfect for tea. After all, tea has been very much enjoyed in all centuries.

Elders just plain NEED more clothing, which is very different from us just wanting something new and distinctive from the Store. But with the non-focus on CAS, even now I keep thinking this is never going to happen. C'est la vie. :(
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited June 2014
    Tea time dress! Please :) men, women, elders, teens and children cause they all drink tea ;)

Even we had my brothers when they were toddlers allowed tea (well 90% milk 5% tea 5% sugar), don't deny any age group if possible.

Victorian, Alice in wonderland, Asian ceremonial, I'll love it all ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    dizzydee wrote:
    You have my vote.
    Thank you so much dizzydee! :D
    Pamhamlet wrote:
    Krisha880 wrote:
    ...I know, but the elders are even more neglected than children and teens...

So true...it's downright pitiful. :?

I'm not particularly moved about 19th-century specifically themed clothing for elders (or adults). While that attire is beautiful, I personally wouldn't get much use out of it. I would prefer late 20th-century classic and modern and maybe even trendy, as long as the set offered a nice variety of selections for elders. I could get a LOT of use out of this kind of clothing across the board, and I believe many other players could too. These styles would also be perfect for tea. After all, tea has been very much enjoyed in all centuries.

Elders just plain NEED more clothing, which is very different from us just wanting something new and distinctive from the Store. But with the non-focus on CAS, even now I keep thinking this is never going to happen. C'est la vie. :(
    I am like you and prefer the late 20th-century classic, modern and trendy looks, but I know a lot of Simmers want the 19th-century themed clothing, and if the Store Team makes a Fancy Dress Party CAS SET, it's a great opportunity to give us the different styles of clothing that we have been requesting!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Tea time dress! Please :) men, women, elders, teens and children cause they all drink tea ;)

Even we had my brothers when they were toddlers allowed tea (well 90% milk 5% tea 5% sugar), don't deny any age group if possible.

Yay :D
    I really wish the Store Team will flesh out some of the Sets we already have and give us clothing for the age groups they have been neglecting! But the bustle dress should be for all the appropriate age groups (Teen, YA, Adults and Elders).
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited June 2014

Hello Hollowness my dear :) CAS aside, now that we are getting a pc tea set you shall be able to create an authentic Mad Hatter's Tea Party venue :D *hint hint* You know I am a total fangirl of your marvellous creations!! :mrgreen:

giphy.gif
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks kateoverend but alas I need my computer and internet first ; / lol Well I hope in time for the set ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Thanks kateoverend but alas I need my computer and internet first ; / lol Well I hope in time for the set ;)
    I hope so too, it is horrible being without a computer or the internet :( I truly hope your sad situation rights itself quickly my dear :) I left a few messages on your page wishing you much luck with your woes (/^‿^)/ ♥ \(^‿^\) *ℓσνє αη∂ ѕquɪѕɧƴ ɧυɢѕ*
    Edited to add... Call me Kate, my full name is such a mouthful and too long to type :wink::lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    Dexx216 wrote:

I have thought of the children Seriphina, but I don't see to many pictures where children were present at a tea party. So that's why I didn't include them. :wink::D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I hope so too, it is horrible being without a computer or the internet :( I truly hope your sad situation rights itself quickly my dear :) I left a few messages on your page wishing you much luck with your woes (/^‿^)/ ♥ \(^‿^\) *ℓσνє αη∂ ѕquɪѕɧƴ ɧυɢѕ*
    Edited to add... Call me Kate, my full name is such a mouthful and too long to type :wink::lol:
    Your full name can't be that long My Love. :lol::wink: *Love, hugs, and Kisses!*
  • Options
    SeriphinaFyieSeriphinaFyie Posts: 3,506 Member
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    Dexx216 wrote:

I have thought of the children Seriphina, but I don't see to many pictures where children were present at a tea party. So that's why I didn't include them. :wink::D

But...

500full.jpg
    ellaoldwillow.jpg
    il_570xN.265850228.jpg
    ladies.jpg
    fe46e1_4ea964e362634ce4a1e91483f8802d99.jpg_srz_800_332_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

Some vintage treasures would be lovely also...
    dr2400v1.jpg
    d58d2d4fa42e74c054aed8b7cf0a4e88.jpg
    xxs_seafoam_green_silk_party_dress_50s_vintage_prom_tea_length_b48892c1.jpg
    Louise-Roe-Vintage-Women-Drinking-Tea-In-Nice-Dresses.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    Dexx216 wrote:

But...

500full.jpg
    ellaoldwillow.jpg
    il_570xN.265850228.jpg
    ladies.jpg
    fe46e1_4ea964e362634ce4a1e91483f8802d99.jpg_srz_800_332_85_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_jpg_srz

dr2400v1.jpg
    I knew that young girls host pretend tea parties, and that they all have fancy dresses suited for such parties. But most often, you never seen them at real tea parties. Mainly because they are to active, and likely to act up at such parties. Even the well mannered rich kids. That's not to say that sims kids can't attend civilized tea parties in the game. Oh yeah, I like the pics. They are cute pics, thanks for sharing them.:wink::D
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Oooooooooooh I love this dress! It is gorgeous! I would wear this for everyday wear in RL :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2014

Oooooooooooh I love this dress! It is gorgeous! I would wear this for everyday wear in RL :D
    I like that dress, that is a pretty dress. :wink::D
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Omg that is a gorgeous dress!
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    Soooooooo many pretty dresses!

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaant!!!
  • Options
    loubyloulouloubyloulou Posts: 4,467 Member
    edited June 2014
    I was so hoping we'd get some pretty tea dresses with July's set... I would love any and all of these, for all ages. Here's hoping they've not abandoned CAS altogether :|
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited June 2014
    I know! :shock:

I'm so desperate for the Victorian dresses! I want to make a Victorian London world since the store aren't doing them anymore. I'd like to share it, so I wouldn't want to use CC because it puts some people off. I neeeeeeeed the store to make these!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    sunman502 wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:
    Dexx216 wrote:

But...

500full.jpg
    ellaoldwillow.jpg
    il_570xN.265850228.jpg
    ladies.jpg

dr2400v1.jpg
    I love all of these dresses!!!