Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 question...

I was not planning on purchasing TS4 just yet but my son, age 18, is in love with the new build style and technique so I have pre-ordered it for us both :)

This is maybe a dumb question, but I only began simming with TS3 so I am unsure how things work on a technical level...
Is it safe (by safe I mean will it glitch or conflict with) to install TS4 on the same pc as all the TS3 games and content?
Any advice is sincerely appreciated :)
rnKEhBT.png

Comments

• Options
    Linnyxx17Linnyxx17 Posts: 2,016 Member
    edited May 2014
    I was not planning on purchasing TS4 just yet but my son, age 18, is in love with the new build style and technique so I have pre-ordered it for us both :)

This is maybe a dumb question, but I only began simming with TS3 so I am unsure how things work on a technical level...
    Is it safe (by safe I mean will it glitch or conflict with) to install TS4 on the same pc as all the TS3 games and content?

no, it shouldn't have any sort of conflict with the sims 3, since the sims 3 and sims 4 are two completely separate games, with separate files and content.

i have a very powerful laptop and just for fun i actually ran the sims 3 and 2 at the same time and nothing happened.

you have no worries :)
    tumblr_mamn3vZ7sj1rgw3q8o1_500.gif

* <3 Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming, Just Keep Simming Simming Simming, What do you do? YOU SIM SIM SIM!! <3*
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited May 2014
    Of course it's safe. :wink: As the poster said, they are totally separate games. It's no different than having TS3 and let's say, Diablo 3 on the same computer.

I currently have TS1, TS2, TS3, Castaway Stories and Medieval installed on my PC.
    I've even had TS2 and TS3 running at the same time on my computer (I definitely wouldn't recommend this if you don't have a higher end computer though).
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2014
    Linnyxx17 wrote:

no, it shouldn't have any sort of conflict with the sims 3, since the sims 3 and sims 4 are two completely separate games, with separate files and content.

i have a very powerful laptop and just for fun i actually ran the sims 3 and 2 at the same time and nothing happened.

you have no worries :)
    That is great news! :) Thank you so very much Linnyxx17 for taking the time to reply to me *huge hugs*
    The reason I was concerned as I installed My Sims (childrens version of TS3) for my daughter and it caused many issues. My game no longer worked. I had to get an IT guy around to fix the issue (not cheap :() He said that there had been an error with installation and a file had corrupted affecting all other EA files :(
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited May 2014
    Anmirla wrote:
    Of course it's safe. :wink: As the poster said, they are totally separate games. It's no different than having TS3 and let's say, Diablo 3 on the same computer.

I currently have TS1, TS2, TS3, Castaway Stories and Medieval installed on my PC.
    I've even had TS2 and TS3 running at the same time on my computer (I definitely wouldn't recommend this if you don't have a higher end computer though).

Thank you Anmirla :) I am very grateful for your help :) I shall now feel confident installing this game :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    Enjoji101Enjoji101 Posts: 108 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yep, there should be no problems at all. I've got all of Ts3, Ts2 and Ts1, Sims Medieval, Diablo 3, Assassin's Creed Black Flag, Batman Arkham Origins, World of Warcraft and Skyrim all on one laptop, lolol... No problems running everything. You should be perfectly safe :)

...though I probably will uninstall most of those above games so Ts4 will have a lot of room to stretch ;)