Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Bored...any ideas to spice up my game?

So, I took a break from the Sims 3 or a while, and now I'm back and ready to play. I just don't know what to do. I like playing families, instead of single sims but I always start out the same way: with a single YA female sim, find her a guy, and get her pregnant. I like challenges, but I'm not too big into story-telling. I really just want to play and do things I've never done in the game before, what with TS4 on the way and whatnot.

Expansions That I own:
Ambitions
Late Night
Pets
Generations
and
Supernatural

Comments

• Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited March 2014
    One of my favorite things to do with Ambitions is to create an evil, insane inventor that loves to go around town blowing things up. Will he get caught? Maybe, maybe not. Since you have Supernatural, to spice it up more marry him to an evil insane witch. That should make a good pair.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    Bettyboop55Bettyboop55 Posts: 2,646 Member
    edited March 2014
    I think you are not alone in being bored with the game. We all tend to have our usual game style. Looking at what you have said I wonder if you have ever played a large group.

If not here are a couple of suggestions.

Move a group of four or more sims into Twinbrook. Guaranteed you will be running around trying to keep up with them and their careers.

Or if you have the money why not try the University EP. Again you will have a large group which you can take to any world once the term finishes.

If you are really strapped for cash you could try buying premium content items. This is a Quxxn recommendation and it has worked for me in the past. Hope this helps :D

I no longer use Origin or My Page. You can find me on YouTube or Twitter as Bettyboop711000. You are welcome to contact me as I explore options for a PC sandbox life simulation game.
    Wherever I am friends call me Betty

Sim enim est vita
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited March 2014
    i'm doing the dumpster diving challenge I also am very bore so trying that out
  • Options
    DijanaMenatasDijanaMenatas Posts: 624 Member
    edited March 2014
    If you usually play families, maybe you should try something different. If you still like that style, you could give it a twist? Why not play a single mother who is self employed/in a profession.

My favourite game (although it was heavily played with IP features and skills) was when my sim accidentally got pregnant to a merman, who really was her complete opposite, so she raised the baby by herself. An added challenge was when it turned out to be a mermaid itself and required special food and needs. I also played with a single mother who had twins, that was a challenge!

I find avoiding rabbithole careers makes the game much more challenging and rewarding. A difficult one could also be if you play the single mother, and have her run a farm- growing her own produce and raising horses to sell, while also trying to raise her kid/s.
  • Options
    EvalenEvalen Posts: 10,223 Member
    edited March 2014
    Well I had a just turned teen, and a grandfather who was set to 3 day life span. It is fun. the elder dies and your teen is left alone, has to fend for himself with only $1 to his name. You can put him on a houseboat, tent, what ever, leave him stranded. no house, no toilet or shower. No job, he can dumpster dive, collect, hunt for plants to eat, sleep in the gym or other places. Let him get to a place where he can build a house. Later marry and be able to buy community property. when he dies you can let his children carry on to buy community property.
    Play it from A-Z Generation, by that time Sims 4 will be out. Use no cheats. more fun. find a town you have never played as you will not know where gems, plants, any collectables are.
    Try the Apocalypse challenge or the rebuild a town challenge, there are so many challenges to do. try one of those. Try for a single sim, who never marries, yet adopts one child, that child never marries and only adopts one child, continue for so many generations, A-Z I like to do.
  • Options
    AnthonydyerAnthonydyer Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited March 2014
    I am the kind of guy that makes my own family and friends and I just play them out and allow no one to age or die. It kind of gets annoying when everything gets maxed out, but I start a fresh start with a new game. I really enjoy home building: I like modern style and when it comes to home building on the sims, I just let loose and be creative. Try redecorating and really get into what your sims are doing, as if you are actually there. Good luck.
  • Options
    Fairy_HappyFairy_Happy Posts: 8,906 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm making a man and his wife who dislike children and I'm giving them 6 toddlers to deal with. Maybe you should do that.
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2014
    I have seven saved games. All of them are different. I change when I get bored. Its kinda cool playing a game I haven't played in awhile. It's like seeing a long lost friend.

I have an alien family.

Star-studded family.

A single witch that likes messing with the townsfolk.

A single werewolf adventure that wants to turn as many townsfolk into werewolves.

A simplant and fairy that love to garden.

A genie that likes to scuba dive and fish.

A vampire/ghost buster ladies man.

• Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited March 2014
    The most challenging game I have ever played was a runaway teen with a baby and no house or money. I had to use mods to start it, or you could do as Evalen did and place her with a grandmother who dies right away, but have the grandmother adopt a baby first. My teen's only source of money was fishing and harvesting wild plants, until her own garden grew. She went to school, so had to make enough money to pay a babysitter. It wasn't easy for her, even with the relativity mod giving her a little more time each day, but she made the honor roll at school, and was even valedictorian. And I built her a house little by little, starting with only one wall section with a toilet against it on one side and a sink on the other, and a shower next to it. Even after she finished school and the baby started going to school, she made her living with gardening, but not as self-employed. That makes it way too easy to get rich.

She's now married, and with mods I've increased the household limit to 20 sims, and she and her husband are having one baby after another, still in a relatively small house and low income. So she remains my most challenging game ever. I don't play her unless I'm up to the challenge, and I have the toddlers aging up to NPC.
  • Options
    KatieTerrorFaceKatieTerrorFace Posts: 480 Member
    edited March 2014
    I like making crazy cat ladies with different Lifetime Wishes. :P

• Options
    TadOlsonTadOlson Posts: 11,380 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm playing a town legacy challenge which is where you start out a new town with your young teen couple and I used young adult sprites in CAS for my teens and put them onto a large empty lot with no house and placed Garden House right near their lot.They had to sleep outdoors in sleeping bags until they could afford to start building their house and I started moving other households into town though it requires Mods to manage the story progression so I can play all of the households.It goes on for multiple generations with playing the town and switching between households.Nobody's gotten pregnant yet because they can't afford it yet.I have Winfield set in the 1850's and it's 1854 in that game now which is why no babies have been born yet.The residents in Winfield have to expand their houses before they can start having children.
    44620367775_0442f830c1_n.jpg
  • Options
    ivinianivinian Posts: 1,957 Member
    edited March 2014
    You're just in a rut. May I gently suggest moving outside your comfort zone and trying something you've never tried before? One of the most fun things I've ever done in this game was pick up a premade family in Bridgeport--the Hemlocks, I think. Vampires, evil traits, a toddler, all of it was totally different from what I normally played at the time. And I had a blast. There's so much in this game that I don't know if I will ever really scratch more than the surface of things to do. You've mentioned Supernatural and Pets -- ever had a werewolf jockey? Or a family of fairies? I'd hugely recommend World Adventures or University if you think traveling would be nice; the photography opportunities in WA are stunning and University is downright frantic in pace. Good luck :)