Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing with Ambrosia

I am in Sunset valley, with sim Molly French. She has learnt how to make Ambrosia - yay!! :D

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

She decided it would be nice to restore some sims to life at the local graveyard by placing plates of Ambrosia about :)

Some hungry ghosts who got more than a good meal...

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

And..

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

Note:
Read all about the magical properties of Ambrosia here :)
http://sims.wikia.com/wiki/Ambrosia
rnKEhBT.png

Comments

• Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2014
    :shock: :shock: :shock:

I didn't know that could happen. So do the ghosts come back to life?
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited March 2014
    :lol::lol: OMG I can't stop laughing tears and all this is soooo funny to me...how you said they got mare then a good meal ...lol curiosity kills the cat in that case they ate a plate and came alive..wow tooo funny I don't know why but I'm crying red face and all :oops:
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited March 2014
    tomchan0 wrote:

Yes, yes they do. :D
  • Options
    Coffefreak4LifeCoffefreak4Life Posts: 8,082 Member
    edited March 2014
    tomchan0 wrote:

Yes . when yo give ghosts ambrosia they return from the dead .
  • Options
    lydiad206lydiad206 Posts: 3,747 Member
    edited March 2014
    I wonder what happens when you bring back random ghosts in the graveyard! Now do you see them walking around the town?
    er0s4g.jpg
  • Options
    TheSimsislifeTheSimsislife Posts: 45 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow I didn't realize you could do this...most of my sims haven't mastered the cooking skill but I can't wait to try this out in my game!

I can't remember if it was an elixir or a spell that could be done by a witch but I used to like bringing random sims back to life in the graveyard.
  • Options
    tomchan0tomchan0 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2014
    tomchan0 wrote:

Yes . when yo give ghosts ambrosia they return from the dead .

If they are elders, do they return as elders?
  • Options
    lizmac21lizmac21 Posts: 555 Member
    edited March 2014
    When they eat it, it resurrects them, turning them back into a normal Sim at the age stage they were at the time of death.
  • Options
    mellowyellow311mellowyellow311 Posts: 171 Member
    edited March 2014
    I'm going to have my sim's wife improve her cooking skill so she can make him some ambrosia. He was the breadwinner for the family and he didn't make it to work today :shock:.

Screenshot-7_zps476035eb.jpg"width=640height=480
  • Options
    livingforwardslivingforwards Posts: 144 Member
    edited March 2014
    LOL, too funny.

My Sim moved to a new neighborhood and got 3 ghosts at her new house - one of the challenges that can happen if you move your Sim to a new town. She opted not to have the ghosthunter get rid of them and now she's working toward making ambrosia so she can bring them back to life. The ghosts are fun to live with - one of them makes salads.

Is it easy to keep on making ambrosia once you're at the right skill level?
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    Thanks, Kate! I didn't realize that it could be used on NPC ghosts. I thought they had to be in your active family. I take it that they don't join your household once they return to the living.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    LOL, too funny.

My Sim moved to a new neighborhood and got 3 ghosts at her new house - one of the challenges that can happen if you move your Sim to a new town. She opted not to have the ghosthunter get rid of them and now she's working toward making ambrosia so she can bring them back to life. The ghosts are fun to live with - one of them makes salads.

Is it easy to keep on making ambrosia once you're at the right skill level?

Making it is the easy part getting the ingredients is the hard part. You need max fishing,cooking and gardening skills to make ambrosia. Max fishing to catch perfect death fish, max cooking to learn the recipe and max gardening to grow perfect life fruit. I normally spread the skills throughout the household because it can be really time consuming for one sim but since UL came out I use the brain enhancing machine.

Screenshot-8_zps9e5efce6.jpg"width=640height=480
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited March 2014
    If you have a cat that has the Hunting skill, he/she can go fishing in any pond or the ocean. Some of the fish will be deathfish. It only takes one. Likewise, if you have the produce cart that came with the Al Fresco Market, you can sometimes purchase Life Fruit at the stand. So you only need to max out your cooking skill in order to learn the recipe for Ambrosia.
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    KoumoriDiruKoumoriDiru Posts: 6,681 Member
    edited March 2014
    LOL, too funny.

I did that once. She bought a snowcone maker and they kept eating them, but only made snowcones that matched their ghost colour :lol:
    tumblr_nvbyvezH0b1uvyu9yo8_r1_400.gif
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    If you have a cat that has the Hunting skill, he/she can go fishing in any pond or the ocean. Some of the fish will be deathfish. It only takes one. Likewise, if you have the produce cart that came with the Al Fresco Market, you can sometimes purchase Life Fruit at the stand. So you only need to max out your cooking skill in order to learn the recipe for Ambrosia.

Nice! I haven't really played around with the cats and I wasn't sure about buying the produce cart but I think I will now.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited March 2014
    tomchan0 wrote:

Hello tomchan :) Ambrosia is able to reverse aging in living Sims, and is able to bring ghost Sims back to life. It is super neat! :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    brsy wrote:
    :lol::lol: OMG I can't stop laughing tears and all this is soooo funny to me...how you said they got mare then a good meal ...lol curiosity kills the cat in that case they ate a plate and came alive..wow tooo funny I don't know why but I'm crying red face and all :oops:

Hello brsy :) I shall miss these ghosts while I am hanging out at the graveyard catching deathfish for my Ambrosia recipe, they caused a lot of mayhem, turning invisible and rattling the chairs and statues :D But gladly, when they got over their shock at being alive once more, they did a wee dance and cheered :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    lydiad206 wrote:
    I wonder what happens when you bring back random ghosts in the graveyard! Now do you see them walking around the town?
    Nik24X7 wrote:
    Thanks, Kate! I didn't realize that it could be used on NPC ghosts. I thought they had to be in your active family. I take it that they don't join your household once they return to the living.
    Hello lydiad and Nik *waves* :) It is just like when you 'kick' a sim out of your active household. They move into an empty house in town and wander around like a regular townie :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Wow I didn't realize you could do this...most of my sims haven't mastered the cooking skill but I can't wait to try this out in my game!

I can't remember if it was an elixir or a spell that could be done by a witch but I used to like bringing random sims back to life in the graveyard.

You need a level 10 cooking skill to make ambrosia, a level 7 fishing skill to catch deathfish and a level 7 gardening skill to grow life fruit :)

Notes. How Ambrosia works:

Living sims:
    1/ If ambrosia is used to reset a Sims age (instead of reviving a ghost) it will always reset the age to the set number days left for the life cycle. For example, if an adult eats an ambrosia they will have 26 days left.
    Ghosts:
    2/ When they eat it, it resurrects them, turning them back into a normal Sim at the age stage they were at the time of death.
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Nik24X7 wrote:

Nik is correct, you basically only need the fishing and cooking skill.

I used BuyDeBug to place life fruit plants in my sims garden for her to harvest. No skill required :)
    Death fish, needs level 7 fishing skill to catch. These fish can only be caught from Graveyard between midnight and 5AM, or all day long in a deathfish stocked pond, with angelfish bait :) I added a deahfish spawner from BuyDeBug to a pond on my home lot for easy all day access :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited March 2014
    Wow that looks awesome, love the pics. I might just start a game and give this a go, never knew you could do that. I love helping sims in need :D
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    mcrudd wrote:
    Wow that looks awesome, love the pics. I might just start a game and give this a go, never knew you could do that. I love helping sims in need :D
    Hello Mel *waves* You should try, I am having a great time resurrecting the dead :lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    MistySmudge01MistySmudge01 Posts: 317 Member
    edited March 2014
    Really fun seeing your sim ghosts come back to life, sounds like you are having fun :) gonna book mark this too, so i can make it and rez some ghosties :)
  • Options
    edited March 2014
    Really fun seeing your sim ghosts come back to life, sounds like you are having fun :) gonna book mark this too, so i can make it and rez some ghosties :)
    Hello Misty :) When you do, be sure to add your screenshots here for us to look at :D
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited March 2014
    I made two plates of Ambrosia and headed off to the grave yard all excited. There were one ghost that did not go near the plate, he was orange, and then all of a sudden both plates just dissapeared as it became 3am. Has that ever happened to you?