The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

nraas no cd mod help

So My seasons cd is being a butt and instead of uninstalling seasons and downloading it via origin I want to you the no cd mod to get things going but i have no idea how. I have it downloaded in my mods folder but i mean no what? any help would be lovely!!!!

Comments

• Options
    cemole4235cemole4235 Posts: 344 New Member
    edited February 2014
    As far as I know, with the No CD mod you won't be able to start your game directly from the Launcher anymore. At least, it doesn't work for me, it keeps asking for me to put in the CD.

If you've already got the mod installed into your Mods/Packages folder, then what I would do is create a shortcut to your game on your desktop and launch it from there. Go to where your last expansion is installed, I'll use mine as an example. The last EP I have installed is University. So I went to Program Files/Electronic Arts/University Life/Game/Bin. Since my last EP is University, the filename for it is TS3EP09.exe. I right click on that, choose Send to, then Desktop (Create shortcut). Do this for yourself with whichever your latest EP is. Also if you have Windows 8 you'll go Program Files/Program Files(x86) then the rest, to find the EP file.

From there, whenever I want to play the game, I just doubleclick on that shortcut.

This is assuming, of course, that you have Windows and aren't working from a Mac.
  • Options
    KianaisloveKianaislove Posts: 126 Member
    edited February 2014
    Okay so you had me mostly, but my expansion packs are saved to the same spot, I mean like when i go into my Electronic arts folder i cant go into the seasons folder, which is the last ep i have, it doesnt exsist. once i go into my EA folder it goes to the sims 3 which then goes to all my other folders. so i cant create the shortcut, maybe im doing something very wrong and i am on windows 7 :)
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Are you making sure you're going to, for example, C:/Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Seasons/Game/Bin? You don't want to go to Documents/Electronic Arts/Sims 3. You have to go into your Program Files.

Since your last EP is Seasons, the file you are looking for is TS3EP08.exe. If you can't find it still, do a search on your computer for TS3EP08, you should be able to find it that way.
  • Options
    KianaisloveKianaislove Posts: 126 Member
    edited February 2014
    holy cow! i just figured out what youre talking about! you are such a life saver! i havent played my ame in days because i was afraid that i would have to uninstall and ruin things, ive been playing this one family since novemeber and im not ready to lose them but holy crap this is awesome! i cannot thank you enough! <3
  • Options
    edited February 2014
    Oh whew, I'm so glad you've got it working for you. Reinstalling everything is a pain in the rear, I've been working on reinstalling mine since early this afternoon. Only just now getting finished.

Enjoy playing your game :mrgreen:
  • Options
    blunote00blunote00 Posts: 18,476 Member
    edited February 2014
    Neither of you should be discussing that mod here. The only way to "legally" start the game without the disk is via Origin or if you have DD via a partner (i.e. Steam)

-Illegal Activities:

- The discussion of illegal activities is not permitted. This includes software piracy, game "cracks," among other things.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    Will occasionally provide tech support on this forum or over on Answer HQ. ▬ At my age, competence is a turn on! (©¿©)
    DO NOT - PM me tech ?s/issues. ▬ DO create a thread in it's respective Technical Forum. Vacation goes by way too fast!
    US Links ► (TS3), Help for all things Sims (Answer HQ).
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top