Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Deleted buildings from Lots. Graphical Issue?

I am really new to CAW, I am doing a re-edit of an existing town to avoid the routing and system problems that come from just deleting the sims in a town. I am using resources from CAWster.

I had kind of a weird issue come up and I was wondering if someone could let me know if it is indicative of a problem or if I did something wrong: I couldn't figure out how to delete content on lots without deleting the entire lot, so I used the "edit in game" option via caw to delete content from the lots. After deleting off the lots and saving (and returning to CAW) I am getting bizarre graphical displays on the "empty" lots, they look like flat architectural graphics (roofs, floorplans, etc). Does this indicate a more serious problem or is it not a big deal? If I am not supposed to do it this way, is there another way I should do it?

I may or may not actually be adding/removing lots to the map (depends on how comfortable I get with CAW), I will likely just be working from the blank lots.

Please let me know if I can provide more information and thank you for any help.

Comments

• Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited February 2014
    Hi :)

It happens. You can use S3pe to fix it- I think there's a tutorial or link about it in the CAW Faq stickied at the top. :)

Or you can try in CAW- delete a lot then hit the undo button/key. 1st Copy and save the lot address...

I've seen it happen... It seems to happen when too many lots are deleted in EIG at once but that's only an assumption on my part.
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited February 2014
    Thanks for the tips Rflong7! I will check that out, I am pretty good at following tutorials, lol. :P

I think I might have sorta bit off more than I can chew, but I want it to be how I WANT IT DERRRNNNNIT! :D

Edit: I couldn't find the tutorial for use S3pe to fix it, but I probably wasn't looking in the right section.

I can just copy and paste the lot address after undoing, right?

If it's not something I address right away, there shouldn't be an issue, should there? I may delete sections anyway and replace lots in different arrangements anyway.

Thanks again!

Edit2: It looks like I might just be better off deleting all the lots themselves and replacing them.
    Post edited by Unknown User on