Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

IMeep's First Ever Challenge, WINNERS POSTED!

BANGS GONG TO GRAB YOUR ATTENTION

tumblr_mnc3i8IySa1qzwgfgo1_r1_500.gif

So I am editing this in. I am leaving for Rome tomorrow and need this thread to stay afloat. So when the winners are announced, I will also give 100 simpoints to someone who entered. You enter by posting a reply to this post, and including the word "Toga" in your reply. You may enter once per day. So the more often you post, the likely your chances.

So I am really excited for this upcoming March. It contains my 17th Birthday, Mardi Gras (Favorite Holiday Ever), St. Patrick's Day, Ostara (Pagan Easter), Dionysia (A holiday centered on theatre, partying, and indulgence), and all that good stuff. I'm also going to Rome over the course of my birthday!

In other words, my March is shaping up to be:

ariel-disney-fabulous-gif-little-mermaid-Favim.com-238165_large.gif

So what else can I do to make my March more fabulous?
Why not hold a challenge? Other people get simpoints, I get awesome lots and sims.

Why not?

600px-Clue-rev6.jpg
I enjoy getting presents from strange men

Comments

• Options
    IMeepIMeep Posts: 1,635 Member
    edited January 2014
    So my first thought is what should be theme? As I was going to Rome, and my ideal deadline in March 15th (The Ides of March), a Roman theme sounded fun. But there really isn't that much Roman content to use. But then an idea struck me.

March is the date of Dionysia, a celeration of the god Dionysus. And I found the theme of the challenge.

dionysus_gif_by_titanium_starfish-d5i72y1.gif

My challenge is, for any and all who wish to participate, a celebration of the god Dionysus. If you aren't comfortable with this, by no means are you forced to participate. But if you are, read on.

First, some background info:

Dionysus is a weird god. The Greeks say he was born out of Zeus' thigh, but some historians say that they believe Dionysus was a god adopted to the greek pantheon from an eastern (Probably Hindu or Sumerian) origin. Anyways, Dionysus would grow up, and would travel the known world, visiting his alleged homeland in the east, where he learned of wine and mysticism (Think Gurus meditating), and then teaching other cultures how to make wine.

He was said to travel with three groups, the Maenads, the Centaurs, and the Satyrs. They would drink, dance, and sing, in an effort to achieve transcendence. His human followers would replicate this.

To make a long story short...

Clue_TooLate2.jpg

his following can be summed up as partying to gain enlightenment.

But what do I want you all to do?

tumblr_mct888rH8J1r1mr1po1_500.gif
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The challenge is for you to replicate the following of Dionysus. The due date is March 15th. You can choose to make a Temple to Dionysus, or to make sims to populate the temple, or to even try making the man (or god) himself.

The Temple
    Prize: 1000 Simpoints

Sims:
    1st Prize: 350 Simpoints
    2nd Prize: 100 Simpoints
    3rd Prize: 50 Simpoints

So what am I looking for? Here are Dionysus' domains and things commonly associated with him:

-The Color Purple
    -Nectar
    -Grapes
    -Gardening
    -Dancing
    -Singing
    -Hallucinogens
    -Woohoo
    -Cross Dressing
    -Homosexuality
    -Big Cats (Tigers and Leopards and Panthers mainly)
    -Nature
    -Plays and Theater

So bear that in mind when creating things.
    Here are the rules:

Sims:

Enter early, enter often. You can enter as many times as you like. Sims can vary, but I would like them to make sense in the following of Dionysus, with traits such as Loves the Outdoors, Green Thumb, Party Animal, Disciplined, etc. Other than that, it's all fair game. I will probably be more inclined to give higher placing to sims with interesting stories.

If you choose to attempt to make Dionysus, the traits and everything are up to you. I do prefer the curly brown hair, beardless, young adult styled look, FYI. There is also Apollo, his best friend with benefits. Feel free to make him as well.

The Temple:

For this, I would like to apply the theme of "Dionysus' followers updated to the 21st century", I.E., NIGHTCLUB! Singing, partying, and dancing all take place here. However, while you build the nightclub, I am also going to score for how well you incorporated Dionysus into the theme of the nightclub. So a nightclub that is just a nightclub will not have as much of a chance as a nightclub with bars, jellybean bushes, tiger imagery, a spot to mediate, that natural hot tub from late night, a parteus maximus statue, and a garden in the back with grapes and such.

So here is my rubric:

Sims: Possibility of 50 points

Story - 30 MAX
    Sim's traits and such - 15 MAX
    Sim's appearance* - 5 MAX

*I'll try not let my swooning at your attractive sims impact my vote, but they should look like they know how to party. Not like they are children of Buzz Killington. :lol:

Temple: Possibility of 100 points

30 points for how well you captured the party theme; This is everything from dance floors to jelly bean bushes. I would advise using things such as the bubble blower, any colorful lights, the Parteaus Maximus statue, the nectar maker, bars, the hooka from the store, and anything like that.

30 points for how well you captured the nature theme; This is everything from grape plants to houseplants. I would advise using things such as harvestables, the maypole from seasons, the cowplant, stuff from Faire Folk and Happily Ever after, Wisterias, Fairy themed objects from SN, and anything like that.

20 points for how well you captured the transcendentalism theme; This is stuff like places to train martial arts, the meditation LTR, eastern themed objects (Japan, India, Cambodia, China), and stuff like that.

20 points for how well you represent Dionysus; This is stuff like Greek themes, the color purple, the statues from WA (I'm partial to Gally D'Orleans and Alexia full of hair), and Tiger/Panther/Leopard themes

All EPs and SPs and Store Content are ok to use. CC is bad, don't use. CAP is fine with me. I was somewhat rushed to complete this so I may have missed something. Ask any questions, and I won't tell you any lies. I promise :)
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    Entries:

Lots:

Jessabeans:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7945547

Ashleykaymay:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8133924

MizoreYukii:
    http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8134045

I'm in the process of judging right now. I hope to be done within 24 hours.
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited January 2014
    What is the challenge?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mrlabean wrote:
    What is the challenge?

The Player making the challenge easily gets distracted and goes on tangents, and is trying to finish writing this. Please hold.
  • Options
    PaigeIvy2000PaigeIvy2000 Posts: 364 Member
    edited January 2014
    My birthday is March 2nd, haha :D March Birthday Buddies, yay!
  • Options
    mrlabeanmrlabean Posts: 1,055 Member
    edited January 2014
    IMeep wrote:
    mrlabean wrote:
    What is the challenge?

The Player making the challenge easily gets distracted and goes on tangents, and is trying to finish writing this. Please hold.

I'm ,sorry I didn't mean to rush you. This sounds very interesting & fun! I will have to see how time treats me but I might be able to come up with a lot for this! :)

I'll keep it bookmarked!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    mrlabean wrote:
    IMeep wrote:
    mrlabean wrote:
    What is the challenge?

I'm ,sorry I didn't mean to rush you. This sounds very interesting & fun! I will have to see how time treats me but I might be able to come up with a lot for this! :)

I'll keep it bookmarked!

Awesome! Thanks!
  • Options
    EnvyAshleeyyyEnvyAshleeyyy Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited January 2014
    The day before my birthday :D
    This does sound very interesting and I would love to make a sim or two since I'm horrible at building!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    I would love to make a sim or two
    Or three or four or five :D

:lol: Just kidding. Make as many as you want.
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited January 2014
    This sounds like fun :mrgreen:.

If I enter can I do both The Temple and a sim or do I have to choose one or the other?
  • Options
    AshleykaymayAshleykaymay Posts: 1,524 Member
    edited January 2014
    :mrgreen: this sounds absolutely fabulous. I want to be part of the party! I have the same question as cmbaker too...can we do both? I really want to make Dionysus and Apollo but I also really want to make the temple.
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Absolutely! You can do the temple, AND as many sims as you like!
  • Options
    KatieeeeKatieeee Posts: 16,995 Member
    edited January 2014
    You're love of Tim Curry related things makes me think we should be friends. :thumbup:

I will try to make some sims if I can ever get around to it! This seems like it could be fun! :lol:
    Mafia stats
    Played: 255 | Won: 221 | Lost: 34
    Town: 100 | Mafia: 150 | Third: 5
    Town Win: 86| Mafia Win: 131 | Third Win: 4
    Alive: 65 | Lynched: 99 | Nk: 91 |

Come play Mafia with us: http://ultimatemafia.boards.net/
  • Options
    pixiegamerpixiegamer Posts: 1,729 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh man, the LE of University Life would be so perfect for this... now I'm beginning to wish I had it :(

Bookmarked this for later :)
    Getting back into TS3! :smile:
  • Options
    calmorezoocalmorezoo Posts: 8,105 Member
    edited January 2014
    just popping by to give a friendly

th?id=H.4759589494655808&pid=15.1

this comp looks very intresting and fun
    Umm if only i had the time
    well if i get a free moment between work, RL my DNA duties and managing my comp . you just might get a creation or too from me.

Have fun everyone
    h2xmsbl]

• Options
    edited January 2014
    Katieeee wrote:
    You're love of Tim Curry related things makes me think we should be friends. :thumbup:

I will try to make some sims if I can ever get around to it! This seems like it could be fun! :lol:

tumblr_mbli7u1G7v1recr4ao1_250.gif
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    calmorezoo wrote:
    just popping by to give a friendly

th?id=H.4759589494655808&pid=15.1

this comp looks very intresting and fun
    Umm if only i had the time
    well if i get a free moment between work, RL my DNA duties and managing my comp . you just might get a creation or too from me.

Have fun everyone

Awesome, thanks!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Fairy-Godmother.jpg

BUMPITY BUMPITY BOO!
  • Options
    TheFairyBugTheFairyBug Posts: 2,925 New Member
    edited January 2014
    The fact that this thread is full of Clue gifs that I hadn't seen before amuses me to no end! I love Clue -- themed my sweet 16 after it!
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    The fact that this thread is full of Clue gifs that I hadn't seen before amuses me to no end! I love Clue -- themed my sweet 16 after it!

Sounds like a great party to me!
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited January 2014
    Hm. A roman temple? 8)

Bookmarked. I will get back to you if I can come up with something :wink:
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    annasommer wrote:
    Hm. A roman temple? 8)

Bookmarked. I will get back to you if I can come up with something :wink:

Merci!
  • Options
    annasommerannasommer Posts: 3,987 Member
    edited January 2014
    Did I miss it, or is there really no limitation to the lot size?
  • Options
    JessabeansJessabeans Posts: 3,714 Member
    edited January 2014
    Oh this looks like something I would like to attempt. I am going to bookmark it and see what I can come up with. It ends just after my birthday too. *Waves to the other Pisces in the thread*