Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Guru request :) Please make Food Trucks available in BuyDeBug :)

Hello Guru's :)
Please make the Late Night Food trucks available in BuyDeBug for placement on any Community lots :)
These would be perfect for The Boardwalk and Festival Grounds :D

Food_Truck.jpg
rnKEhBT.png

Comments

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Kate. :) As the food truck is currently a Late Night feature, I'm not sure this is possible unless the coding is patched into the base game. I'm pretty sure it's not something the Store team can do.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited December 2013
    It seems to me that you could copy the lot that the food truck happens to be on. Place the lot in a large new lot, delete the building and you will still have a functional food truck. You could build your lot around the food truck. If there is no road, I assume the food truck will stay stationary.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2013
    Does anyone have a mod that unlocks the food truck in Buydebug Mode?
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    krimsonnoxkrimsonnox Posts: 6,143 Member
    edited December 2013
    there was a mod for it on MTS but I don't think it has been updated since Pets or something, I will have to look

it hasn't been updated since 2010, and none of the comments indicates it works with the current patch. Some one would have to test it.
  • Options
    pkboopkboo Posts: 218 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hi Kate. :) As the food truck is currently a Late Night feature, I'm not sure this is possible unless the coding is patched into the base game. I'm pretty sure it's not something the Store team can do.

With Buydeug they have stuff from all the EP's in there so it shouldn't be to hard for them to do something with the food truck.
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited December 2013
    I discovered this accidentally one day: Twallan's Traffic mod, which is supposed to impact vehicles in Bridgeport, impacts vehicles in whichever world you're currently playing. Which is how one day I noticed two food trucks tooling around in Hidden Springs. So if you play with mods, Traffic will make the food truck appear in Roaring Heights. My assumption is that it will only do this if you own LN.
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited December 2013
    tamalinn wrote:
    I discovered this accidentally one day: Twallan's Traffic mod, which is supposed to impact vehicles in Bridgeport, impacts vehicles in whichever world you're currently playing. Which is how one day I noticed two food trucks tooling around in Hidden Springs. So if you play with mods, Traffic will make the food truck appear in Roaring Heights. My assumption is that it will only do this if you own LN.
    Thank you very much! Another of Twallan's mods soon to be in my game. :P
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2013
    I agree with Kate. Though the store team can't patch it in the ep patch team could. There is another patch coming soon possibly after the New Year.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited December 2013
    pkboo wrote:

With Buydeug they have stuff from all the EP's in there so it shouldn't be to hard for them to do something with the food truck.

The food truck isn't in buydebug.
  • Options
    FlashygrrlFlashygrrl Posts: 634 Member
    edited December 2013
    You have to have it enabled to eyedropper it though, it seems.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited December 2013
    It seems to me that you could copy the lot that the food truck happens to be on. Place the lot in a large new lot, delete the building and you will still have a functional food truck. You could build your lot around the food truck. If there is no road, I assume the food truck will stay stationary.

Hello cherid :) Yes, I have done as you suggested in the past but I would like to be able to add a Food Truck to pre-existing builds :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited December 2013
    pkboo wrote:

The Food Truck currently is not in BuyDeBug :(
    BuyDeBug contains many EP items, I do not see why the Food Truck cannot be added :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    kellycot1kellycot1 Posts: 2,226 Member
    edited December 2013
    It would be great to see a few more items enabled for BuyDebug, but I'm not sure how likely that is to happen; maybe in some final big update for the game? We can only hope.

The trucks are enabled through a mod though, as someone else mentioned:
    http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=427515

I DO actually have this in my game, but haven't used the Food Truck just yet -- the tents, picnic blanket, mail box, shells and Proprietor markers all DO work fine, however, so I don't see there being any problem. The item is simply overwritten to be included in BuyDebug, so any issues could only really come from the Food Truck being updated by a patch (possible, but doubtful), in which case you'd just lose the new functionality. It is sitting in my Mods folder though, and hasn't caused any trouble there. :D

It's not a perfect solution, but hopefully that helps you a little. Good luck!
    a.k.a. Erin
    Check out The Simdex—my PDF guide to all of the Sims 3 Store content (last updated September 2015)
  • Options
    mja017mja017 Posts: 289 New Member
    edited December 2013
    @kate, I've been using the mod listed above for at least 6 months with no problem. Much like the mod that unlocks the showtime simport content, it doesn't seem to need any patching.