Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Rainbow Trail - A Rainbowcy - Gen 1 - Nevada Rain - CHAPTER ONE 12/15/13

Welcome to The Rainbow Trail! This is my very first rainbowcy and sims story, so please bear with me! :XD:

banner_zps3952516b.jpg

CHAPTERS

Chapter One

Comments

• Options
    HorseLoverXOHorseLoverXO Posts: 145
    edited December 2013
    Great Reads

NightlockFallen's Until My Color Fades Away

Berrypie27's Splash Of Color

Writergurl97's The Rainbow Connection

RedSwiftie13's Burning Bright Rainbowcy

Downloads

I will soon have Nevada up for download. If you'd like any sims, please just let me know.

Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Reserved
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    RedSwiftie13RedSwiftie13 Posts: 478 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Looking forward to reading this :P
  • Options
    edited December 2013

The first chapter should be posted either later today or tomorrow. I have it written, I just need to go take some pictures. :]
  • Options
    edited December 2013

The first chapter should be posted either later today or tomorrow. I have it written, I just need to go take some pictures. :]

For me the picture taking is the stressful part :) I've never been very creative especially when things don't go right :mrgreen: Good luck
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Chapter One

nevadarain_zps5719c2e8.jpg

I ran as fast as I could, realizing I was ten minutes late to meet up with Russet. We usually met every day at an abandoned park we found just to hang out and talk and play his favorite game, which was chess. Despite how cool he pretended to act, he did have some brains. He was my best friend and honestly, my only friend. Being an albino, it was hard to make friends in Starburst Valley.

russet1_zps1eac6aed.jpg

“Hey Nevada!” Russet called, waving me over with a grin on his face. “Come sit.”

nevada2_zps8c66091d.jpg

I sat in the chair across from him, pouting. “How many times have I told you not to call me that? Just call me Nev.”

I hated my name, and I always have. Nevada means snow capped, which is a constant reminder of my skin tone. The thing that set me apart from other berries. It was hard being a freak of nature, as I was constantly called. I could barely go anywhere without someone taunting me and laughing at me simply because I’m not colored.

I shook those thoughts from my mind. I was here to have fun. “So what’s up?” I asked, noticing the happy look on his face.

screenshot_original_zpsa1c55f7d.jpg

“I have some great news!” He began, a smile as wide as the sun on his face.

I giggled, he looked so cute when he was excited. “Yeah, what is it?”

“I met this girl and she’s absolutely amazing Nevada! You have to meet her. We’ve only gone on about two dates, but I think it could be getting serious. I think she could be the one, if you know what I mean.”

nevada4_zps765e86c1.jpg

The words stung. I didn’t even bother nagging at him for calling me Nevada.

“Y-you what?” I asked, biting my lip. I wished this was just a terrible dream, but I pinched my arm and realized it wasn’t. I dropped my gaze to the grass so he wouldn’t see the tears springing in my eyes.

“That’s great," I mumbled, my voice cracking. “You know Russ, it’s getting late I better go back home.”

I got up from my chair and ran back home without looking behind me. I could hear him shouting my name, but I ignored it and continued running non stop until I got to my house.

nevada5_zpse9ad6dd5.jpg

I ran inside straight to my room and burst in to tears. I had been stupid to ever think that we could be together. It was frowned upon, berries and albinos. My crush on him was pathetic. We were friends and nothing more. I was lucky to even have him as a friend, I reminded myself. I grabbed a tissue and wiped the tears off my face. I needed to be happy for him. I would apologize in the morning, but for now I was exhausted.

nevada6_zpsef3a30d2.jpg

I changed in to my night gown and climbed in to my bed, pulling the covers over my body. Who knows? Maybe this girl would be nice. All it mattered was that Russet was happy. He was my best friend and I needed to be there to support him. I wiped my tear soaked face again and laid my head against the pillow as I instantly fell asleep.
  • Options
    edited December 2013

For me the picture taking is the stressful part :) I've never been very creative especially when things don't go right :mrgreen: Good luck

Yeah, that's the hardest part for me as well. It's not fun getting the sims in the right pose. xD
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Poor Nev :( (And I'm liking it so far :D)
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Poor Nev :( (And I'm liking it so far :D)

Indeed, poor Nev. :[

Why, thank you! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    cmbaker16cmbaker16 Posts: 9,172 Member
    edited December 2013
    I'll shall keep this on my radar :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    cmbaker16 wrote:
    I'll shall keep this on my radar :thumbup:

Thank you! I hope you liked the first chapter. :]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Bump.
  • Options
    XTremeGnomeSXTremeGnomeS Posts: 684 Member
    edited December 2013
    Oh no, poor Nevada! :cry:
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Oh no, poor Nevada! :cry:

Ah, thank you for commenting! <3

D: I wish I could say it gets better for her in the next chapter..but.. ;_;
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Bump.
  • Options
    EyebrightAlwaysEyebrightAlways Posts: 31
    edited December 2013
    I feel so sorry for Nevada that's the worst :( Can't wait for the next chapter
  • Options
    dukiebird23dukiebird23 Posts: 242 Member
    edited December 2013
    Wow your off to a great start x

If it helps I am starting a rainbowcy, the link is in the signature x it's my first attempt too x
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    I feel so sorry for Nevada that's the worst :( Can't wait for the next chapter

I know, poor Nev. D:

Thank you! I was worried people wouldn't like the first chapter as it's a bit short/rushed but the next chapter will be longer, hopefully! :]
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Wow your off to a great start x

If it helps I am starting a rainbowcy, the link is in the signature x it's my first attempt too x

Thank you! I was afraid no one would like the first chapter, haha. :]

Sure! I'll go check it out.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Bump.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Sorry for the delay on chapter two.

...Any new readers/ thoughts? :)
  • Options
    magic345wmagic345w Posts: 1,054
    edited January 2014
    I like how you started this. :mrgreen:
    Poor Nevada, though. D: Well, most authors here show no mercy to their characters, so I guess that's more than common here. :lol: