Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unroutable path in Temple of Heaven

geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
edited September 2022 in The Sims 3 General Discussion
I was told to write a report here quoting chat ID 10815712 to report a glitch in Sims 3 World Adventures.

At the very middle of the Temple of Heaven (just after collecting the Legendary Axe of Pangu) I came across an area with a small and very tight corridor leading to a chest, a small area with a couple of collectables, and a small room sealed by an invisible door with an altar with 8 candles and a collectable and another smaller room inside sealed by another invisible door. No matter where I click on the floor I cannot go beyond the tight corridor or inspect the invisible doors. My sim constantly does the unroutable path stomp. I noticed that in this area the cursor changes into a no-mans-land cursor (red circle with the strike through) and clicking on this area brings up a "No interactions available" textbox.

Here's a screenshot of the spot in question.

http://www.geekgirl101.org/sims3stuff/sims3templeglitch.jpg
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    edited December 2013
    Further issues in the Temple of Heaven whilst on the quest Boulder Smash involve routing issues going directly into certain rooms. Once past the first puzzle and entered the next area via the dive well I'm having to click to use "Go here" to move in stages to get to where I want to go as the sim is doing stomping actions if he's in a different room.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    tamalinntamalinn Posts: 1,435 Member
    edited December 2013
    This is disconcerting. I just got WA, I've been excited for the quests. Is there a way to fix the routing issues? Can the lots be edited in Edit Town?
  • Options
    Mev1015Mev1015 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited December 2013
    There are several known spots that a sim can't get to in WA. I don't specificly remember the spot where you are. WA is buggy and if you keep trying to find a work around for a specific spot, you aren't going to get to play your game. Use testingcheatsenabled true and teleport your sim where they need to be, then teleport them back out of that spot. No harm done and you can then move on.
  • Options
    edited December 2013
    Yeah, so far found a bunch of glitches in World Adventures, not just in China. Explorer sims entering dungeons and getting stuck there, townies visiting community lots and getting stuck there, a hole behind a chest inside the Pyramid of the Sky in Egypt which you can't inspect whether you use a 2nd sim to stand on the weight trap or push the statue back because there isn't enough space, and an archway in France underground which sims complain they can't find a path way.
  • Options
    SnapdragonSnapdragon Posts: 955 Member
    edited December 2013
    The routing problems inside tombs were not there initially. It was subsequent patches that broke many tombs. Late Night was the first EP that introduced many of these problems (stuck Sims in China around the Hot Springs and Dragon Springs lots, difficulties getting around tight spots and broken Adventure Board opportunities) and Pets gave many tombs the coup de grace. In essence all areas with only one-tile wide hallways are now potential no-route land.
    I know exactly what area in the Temple of Heaven you are talking about. It's one tile wide and there's a hidden door there, too. It's been broken for ages, it's been reported again and again and it has never been acknowledged. But there was a time when it was even worse and when the only way to route through an already fully discovered tomb was to always click on arches and doors and give the "Go Through Door" order. That was improved by another patch but still, many if not most tombs are now a major annoyance.
  • Options
    David1grDavid1gr Posts: 4 New Member
    @geekgirl101 - My sim is in exactly that spot... in the bottom of your screencap wthe tight inner corridor (with the table covered in candles and a collectable) trying in vain to use the secret door to that darkened Egg-esque shaped room. He revealed the secret door to that room but after nearly 10 attempts at shouldering it open it won't budge. I was only able to get him to that spot by a couple Zeneport's . I am gonna try to revisit that tomb in the future, after I have maxed out his athletic skill and see if that does it. Yours was the only post I could find via google that addressed this odd spot.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top