Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

If you purchased sets today, don't forget...

Don't forget to make sure you check compilations for CYS ASAP before the next series of sets go on sale (and make some sets ineligible for CYS)! There were several compilations I was able to complete for very cheaply and at least one I was able to finish for free. Wow! Exciting! :)

I'm not usually a big SIms 3 DLC shopper (I make an exception since MMAO and yearly sales), so I was very surprised to see this and wanted to make sure I shared for those in a similar situation.

Comments

• Options
    Rinoa666AngelRinoa666Angel Posts: 2,074 Member
    edited November 2013
    Nevermind i read ur post wrong
  • Options
    CaySedaiSimCaySedaiSim Posts: 581 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thank you!

I finally had a light bulb moment. I had wondered how people said they got Set X for free and now I know. I picked up the Best of 2012 Compilation for 590 sp. I'm excited about that because I wanted the India stuff, which is in there, and there's a lot more that I wasn't expecting. Then while I was going through the other compilations, I saw that January 2012 had the Download button. I didn't have all the individual items in the compilation, so I got that one, too.

I'm a very happy camper. :D
    Member of the Own the Store Club! B)
  • Options
    TheZommbieTheZommbie Posts: 712 New Member
    edited November 2013
    Thank you!

I finally had a light bulb moment. I had wondered how people said they got Set X for free and now I know. I picked up the Best of 2012 Compilation for 590 sp. I'm excited about that because I wanted the India stuff, which is in there, and there's a lot more that I wasn't expecting. Then while I was going through the other compilations, I saw that January 2012 had the Download button. I didn't have all the individual items in the compilation, so I got that one, too.

I'm a very happy camper. :D

dont forget to get Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings
  • Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited November 2013
    Lucky. :D I bought the Live, Love, Laugh set and own over 60% (34 of 53 items) of the March 2013 Compilation, but the store tells me I own 10% of the compilation and the CYS price is 995 points. Lame!
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    TheZommbie wrote:
    dont forget to get Enchanted Bundle of Dark Dealings

Yes! By the time I got to that point, I had three of four items and paid 15 sp for the last one.
  • Options
    moomoneySLmoomoneySL Posts: 93 Member
    edited November 2013
    I just bought Le Cinema Plumbob for 50% off and it told me I owned 89% of the March 2013 compilation, so I got Live, Laugh, Love for free. Even though I truly only owned maybe 1/3 of the compilation items, it must have weighted the premium content within the cinema higher. It's my first time CYSing, so I'm quite surprised!
  • Options
    abbyshireabbyshire Posts: 601 Member
    edited November 2013
    Oh, you're right, moomoney. I forgot the cinema has 2 premium content items. I should have bought the cinema first to get the LLL set free. Oh well. :?
    ETA: Darn you, autocorrect!
  • Options
    missy2311missy2311 Posts: 1,470 Member
    edited November 2013
    moomoneySL wrote:
    I just bought Le Cinema Plumbob for 50% off and it told me I owned 89% of the March 2013 compilation, so I got Live, Laugh, Love for free. Even though I truly only owned maybe 1/3 of the compilation items, it must have weighted the premium content within the cinema higher. It's my first time CYSing, so I'm quite surprised!

Thanks for mentioning it :D i just bought the cinema and wasn't aware of the march 2013 compilation, i really wanted the live laugh love set but decided i had spent enough so i was really happy when i saw your post and i checked and i also got it for free, Thanks again :)
    a.k.a. Catherine

• Options
    hugzncuddleshugzncuddles Posts: 223 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow thank you so much for the tip! I'm new to Sims 3 and did buy many sets yesterday. Managed to get the Kids 2010 compilation after buying a few smaller sets and then paying a much reduced price to finish the set. Today I bought the cinema and saw the posts above re: the March compilation with LLL. Got it for free, so happy!

Going to check the other compilations too.

Thanks again, happy simming! :)
  • Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    edited November 2013
    Thanks for the reminder! I just got Le Cinema Plumbob so I was able to complete the March Compilation and get Live, Laugh and Love for FREE despite only owning 3 items from the set. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited November 2013
    SO glad I was able to give a head's up to so many folks.

Sorry, abbyshire...I did this to myself on something too, I am not sure what it was, but I think I feel like I made up for it with a couple things too. I am definitely not "shop savvy" and don't know all the tricks. :lol:

I actually prepped for a couple sets I know I will want later (even though I only kind of like it, although it is growing on me: The Full Storybook Set), because I really want the rest of the "make a wish" compilation, I have never picked up these "fantasy" sets. I have a few extra from MMAO, and I am hoping it will offer me a few more in the next few weeks to bump it down a little more, though even at 1500 somethin, it's not bad (but probably not doable with my other purchases this weekend).

I was super happy to be able to get the "Best of 2012" compilation, I forgot all these compilations exist. I picked up the greenhouse on an MMAO last week which really bumped the compilation down. I have been eying the India sets and especially the Steakhouse set, was able to get these for either free or super cheap, since I owned the rest of the sets. I was really surprised and quite excited, I feel like a kid at Christmas!

CYS and MMAO has to be one of their best ideas. Like I said, I am not a store shopper, but this got me buying. With the sales this weekend (even if they aren't as great as last year), I feel pretty satisfied.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    It really takes some planning to do it right. I see now why people talk about putting the prices in spreadsheets.

Looking at the Animals Abound set, I kind of wish I had bought it yesterday for that extra 10% off. But if I could get more simpoints for Monday, I could get the Tip Top Toddler set for 1380, which includes that. If I were to buy the Forest Bedroom today for 390 sp, I would be that much closer to the Kids! 2010 set, which includes some of the same sets as Tip Top Toddler plus others.

Alas, I only have 613 sp now and no prospects for getting more by Monday.
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited November 2013
    Don't forget to go back and check through other sets if you manage to complete a compilation. Some sets appear in more than one larger set. Sometimes completing one compilation allows you to complete another which gives you something towards another, etc, for example:

Go All In Compilation:

Viva Las Vegas Living
    Viva Las Vegas Bedroom
    Regency Arcade
    Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine

Viva Las Vegas Bedroom also in October 2011 Compilation, Regency Arcade also in October 2011 Compilation, Viva Las Vegas Living also in September 2011 Compilation and finally
    Atomic Jack Planet Attack Pinball Machine is part of Everyday Teens Collection AND Fun for Kids of All Ages Compilation

Time consuming to keep checking, complicated but well worth it!
  • Options
    samanthajane26samanthajane26 Posts: 3,183 Member
    edited November 2013
    Wow thank you so much for the tip! I'm new to Sims 3 and did buy many sets yesterday. Managed to get the Kids 2010 compilation after buying a few smaller sets and then paying a much reduced price to finish the set. Today I bought the cinema and saw the posts above re: the March compilation with LLL. Got it for free, so happy!

Going to check the other compilations too.

Thanks again, happy simming! :)

Check the Tip Top Toddler Collection since it has a lot of Kids 2010 in it, the Tip Top also shares a set with Fun for Kids of All Ages. Kids 2010 also has some of the Ultra Lounge stuff in it, and the Ultra lounge has a lot of the Best of 2010. :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    Tip Top Toddler will be 1380 on Monday. It includes Panda & Friends, Wilderness Dreaming, Animals Abound Playground Bed + Bath, Animals Abound Playground - Outdoor Fun, Wild Wears and Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear.

All of those items except Top o' the Tots Hairstyles and Headwear are included in the Kids! 2010, as well as Critter Comforts, Ultra Lounge Boys' Bedroom Set, Ultra Lounge Girls' Bedroom Set, Ultra Lounge Teens Set and Forest Bedroom.

If I had more simpoints, I would get Forest Bedroom today or Sunday and Tip Top Toddler on Monday. Then after the sale, I would see how much the Kids! 2010 compilation is with CYS.

I own 46% of the Ultra Lounge Living Set, so I would wait on that until after the sale, as it is 375 with CYS for me (assuming CYS comes back after the sale). I've got some of the Tiki stuff, a few Asian Fusion items, the full castle interior set and possibly other assorted items within either the Best of 2010 or Ultra Lounge 2010. So I would see where I'm closest and try to complete those as best I can (there is some overlap).

So yeah, planning.
  • Options
    lovelylisaclovelylisac Posts: 1,291 Member
    edited November 2013
    I got the cinema to go in the new world, and thanks to you guys I checked the March compilation and got Live Laugh Love for free. Thank you very much :D
  • Options
    FrayedFlightFrayedFlight Posts: 520 Member
    edited December 2013
    Hehe, between this and make a deal, I spent too much this weekend (and it's not over). But I got a lot of content I have really been wanting, too. With roaring 29's coming out in a few weeks...hmmm.
  • Options
    UsefnaUsefna Posts: 3 New Member
    edited December 2013
    Kalphoenix, thank you very much for pointing this out! I was eligible to get the Best of 2012 as well, and I didn't know it until I read this thread!
  • Options
    MommylandMommyland Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited December 2013
    Just wanted to say that normally the CYS does not go away on the weekly sale. I have gotten a few free things from that way. I think this week they haven't fixed them yet.

Also on the DD now that the weekend sales are gone. If there is a CYS it will also work for a discount on those too.

Soo Just watching it will help some too There are a few sets coming up then a ton of building stuff (like 5 days worth :roll: ) they are just restarting the list, You can find the list and cross referance with your lists/wants if you visit the DD stalker thread There is the whole list on the first post, and one of the ladies in there has a database.

Anyways not trying to step on toes or anything just trying to help everyone get the most out of their simpoints.
  • Options
    stickykissesstickykisses Posts: 2,039 Member
    edited December 2013
    Kalphoenix wrote:
    Don't forget to make sure you check compilations for CYS ASAP before the next series of sets go on sale (and make some sets ineligible for CYS)! There were several compilations I was able to complete for very cheaply and at least one I was able to finish for free. Wow! Exciting! :)

I'm not usually a big SIms 3 DLC shopper (I make an exception since MMAO and yearly sales), so I was very surprised to see this and wanted to make sure I shared for those in a similar situation.

Good tip Kalphoenix, thank you!

:oops: :oops: :oops: um I am not mentioning the number of sets I have managed to get for free just yet, because if the Store team finds out they might decide to fiddle with the CYS. :P

ah okay I will say... that when I play MMAA, I play for an hour straight at a time or more. um, yep. Stack your winnings and keep opening new tabs to check the CYS price. I clearly need to go to Vegas... :P I love Store Team and it sure looks like they enjoy watching us get all happy but I have a hard time believing that they think it's okay to walk off with the Store. Surely upper management would get mad, at least.

I'm also trying to figure out a way EA can make buying new sets this much fun for players and still make a nice profit, cos the combo between MMAA and CYS is hilarious.