Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A couple of suggestions & a possible glitch

Heya :)

First off I'd like to say that Into The Future has to be one of the best EP's you've ever done. I'm sad that it's the last for Sims 3, but you certainly ended it with a blast!

I do have a couple of suggestions (and may add more as I think of them).

1. My Sim would love to have a romantic relationship with the Time Traveler. I have seen an NPC sim kissing Emit, so it's not entirely impossible. Would love to know the reasons why you chose not to allow romance with Emit for our Sims.

2. I'd like to be able to change the colours of the lasers on the Rhythm-a-con whilst my Sim is playing it. Also, it would be nice if it remembered my colour preferences next time it was played, as it seems to keep reverting back to the green and red defaults.

Possible Glitch

My Sim has experienced Utopia and Dystopia (in that order) and has repaired the future, bringing it back to normal Oasis Landing. However, Oasis Landing is still experiencing an alarming number of meteor strikes despite it being "normal". I counted around 5-10 strikes a day, possibly more!. This is consistant with Dystopia, but it should have stopped once the time line was repaired. Just a heads up ;)

Thanks!

Ps: Would love to read other people's suggestions for this EP... so feel free to post your ideas :)

~o Sapphire o~
Gallery

Comments

• Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited October 2013
    You can change the colours on the rythmn a tron

Before you play it set the idle and active colours by clicking on it and choose to set the colours

The idle sets the colours of all the bars to a set colour
    then the playing ones swap the colour to the ones the sim is touching whilst playing .
    If you set the active ones to random then the colours will be random when they play it
  • Options
    NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited October 2013
    You can change the colours on the rythmn a tron

Before you play it set the idle and active colours by clicking on it and choose to set the colours

The idle sets the colours of all the bars to a set colour
    then the playing ones swap the colour to the ones the sim is touching whilst playing .
    If you set the active ones to random then the colours will be random when they play it

I know this. I am wanting to be able to change the colours WHILST she is playing. You can't change the colours if the instrument is in your inventory. It needs to be placed on the floor first. But usually I just click it in my invent and choose to play it. Once it's placed and your Sim is playing, you can't change the colours until your Sim stops playing... and then they will put it back in their inventory.

Also, as I said.... the colours revert back to default. I'd like to keep my colour preferences.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    Cyron43Cyron43 Posts: 8,055 Member
    edited October 2013
    What do you mean with suggestions? Do you think EA will still change or add anything to the game other than bug fixes?
    Sorry dear but you are terribly wrong. There's a bug team which currently works on fixing the most severe bugs that came with ITF and there's a team for store content but all other developers have moved over to TS4.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    What do you mean with suggestions? Do you think EA will still change or add anything to the game other than bug fixes?
    Sorry dear but you are terribly wrong. There's a bug team which currently works on fixing the most severe bugs that came with ITF and there's a team for store content but all other developers have moved over to TS4.

Not necessarily. They still may tweak it between now and the release of Sims 4. Unless you work for EA and know something I don't..........
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    Not necessarily. They still may tweak it between now and the release of Sims 4. Unless you work for EA and know something I don't..........
    I don't work for EA but I know business. Graham Nardone told via Twitter what happened to the developer teams. TS4 needs all manpower to get it done in time.
    Aside from the store and the next patch Sims 3 is history for EA.
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Well perhaps so, but I'm not hurting anyone by asking, and you still never know.

Besides, except the whole relationship with the Time Traveler suggestion, the rest could be glitches that can be fixed.

Certainly the meteors in Oasis Landing is a glitch... and a fairly significant one.

Not sure why you are being a bit aggressive and condescending on my thread. I have no intention of annoying people. It's merely a request.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    I am sorry if you think I am aggressive. Thing is, we had that fight just a few weeks ago. I don't know whether you participated in it, tho.
    Do you know anything about business?
    Do you really think they separate a team and delay the release of TS4 just because Neashaleigh wants to have something changed in Sims 3?
    Glitches and bugs are a different story. I said there's a bug team working on it. Here is the prove (scroll down to the last post. It's from SimGuruFont) :
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/15/721301.page
    This space is for rent.
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:
    I am sorry if you think I am aggressive. Thing is, we had that fight just a few weeks ago. I don't know whether you participated in it, tho.
    Do you really think they separate a team and delay the release of TS4 just because Neashaleigh wants to have something changed in Sims 3?
    Glitches and bugs are a different story. I said there's a bug team working on it. Here is the prove (scroll down to the last post. It's from SimGuruFont) :

I do not know anything about any previous fight, however I would request that you don't brand me with the same stick as whoever was in that fight.

I actually do know a lot about business, and I know that any GOOD company will strike the fine balance between customer satisfaction and making money.

I think that it's not about Neashaleigh. It's about the customers. And if NO-ONE commented about the above issues, EA would carry on believing that there was nothing wrong. I am just one of literally thousands who potentially could be experiencing the same problems and I'm brave enough to make a comment about it. If enough people stand up and say "Yeah that's happening to me as well!!!" then yes, I believe EA WILL try to fix it in a future update.

Personally I don't really care if it's impossible to have a relationship with the Time Traveler. It was merely a whim. That's all. But I DO care about the meteor problem and it would be NICE to have the instrument tweaked.

And, just for your information, I have worked in the gaming industry for another gaming company in the past. I know they CAN do these things if they set their minds to it.

Now if you don't mind... if you have nothing else to say, I'd request that you please be telling someone else off other than me. As I said, I'm not doing anyone any harm whatsoever.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    Mev1015Mev1015 Posts: 330 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Cyron43 wrote:

Wow :shock: . A "bug team"? Who knew? Maybe there's still hope for the World Adventure's adventure board that has been broken since the first Late Night update (4 years ago).
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    Mev1015 wrote:
    Cyron43 wrote:

Wow :shock: . A "bug team"? Who knew? Maybe there's still hope for the World Adventure's adventure board that has been broken since the first Late Night update (4 years ago).

Yeah! Being part of a Bug Team was part of my duties in the job I had at a gaming company a few years ago. It does take a while to iron out all the bugs (thank goodness they fixed the photography glitch in WA!!) but 4 years?? whew! Guess they have a lot on their plates right now :/

I do wish they'd stop putting unrealistic deadlines on the developers and spend more time smoothing out the current game.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited October 2013
    The worst thing a guru posted was a while back when he clearly stated that unless it was a serious game breaking bug EA would not keep people working on bug fixing but immediately move them onto the next pack .

Going by this i would guess that every person available has already been moved onto 4 apart from the ones doing store content and maybe a very few fixing the serious bugs .

EA have an inceredibly bad reputation for fixing their games.
  • Options
    edited November 2013
    The worst thing a guru posted was a while back when he clearly stated that unless it was a serious game breaking bug EA would not keep people working on bug fixing but immediately move them onto the next pack .

Going by this i would guess that every person available has already been moved onto 4 apart from the ones doing store content and maybe a very few fixing the serious bugs .

EA have an inceredibly bad reputation for fixing their games.

Ugh. :(
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery