Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Wish List

Everyone has a wish list for TS4, and most of what I see is about specific interactions or features. Me, I'm open to whatever EA/Maxis wants to throw my way as long as it includes babies/families/generations...with just a few caveats.

1. Be realistic about computer specs. We need to know if we can PLAY the game, not just install and boot the game. I don't expect you to list every single manufacturer or component, but letting us know that a particular OS is inadequate to run a fully functional game is important. (I'm a PC player, but I know this was also a terrible problem for Mac users.) It also helps to know that the minimum required specs listed for graphics cards mean that I can at least PLAY the game with medium graphics settings.

2. Fewer features is fine, IF they are completely full and functional. For instance, in TS3 a singing skill was totally left out of the singing career, and there is no option to have a singer in a band. Musicians also get no career performance increases for skill on percussion, piano or base. I would rather this career/feature be fully thought out than have a violin to play. Sure I would love the violin, too, but if you have to choose between making more features and making the features better...go with better.

3. Please make a LTW available for ALL careers. Case in point: TS3 Education career. The LTWs don't all have to be about careers, but it would be good if all careers could have a LTW.

4. PLEASE make pregnancy length adjustable! When I play in short or even normal life span, my females spend half of their adult life on maternity leave. When the life span is shortened past the point where the pregnancy lasts about 3/4 of a sim-year the possibility of a career and a family are nearly non-existent. So,if the life span shortens, the pregnancy should shorten as well.

5. If we still have Create-a-Style PLEASE make the chimneys style-able. We did get a few different colored chimneys with one of the updates, but I really would like to make them match my foundation or other masonry.

Pretty please, with a great big Katy Perry cherry on top!!!! :lol:

Comments

• Options
    dreamsong1968dreamsong1968 Posts: 4,473 Member
    edited October 2013
    Anyone have any wishes they would like to add?
  • Options
    lpmartinlpmartin Posts: 163
    edited October 2013
    There are only a couple of things that I hope and wish to be in TS4. They are 1) for sims to actually get in/out of their vehicles and drive them to/fro work and 2) open neighborhood(s).

That's all I really want to be in TS4. So far I am happy with what I have seen. It can only get better from here.
  • Options
    LisameesimsLisameesims Posts: 1,125 Member
    edited October 2013
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/719878.page

There's so many threads started on this topic, but they keep getting buried. Wish we could have one official thread so the team will know what everyone wants!

Is there any particular reason why I should believe they would even care what we want in the game?
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited October 2013
    I want failure states, as they had in TS2 - or at least something similar.
  • Options
    xdowney23xdowney23 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I want there to be more realistic things in ts4, like pregnancy in teens, diseases, etc. I also want to be able to create a baby in create a sim, that would be awesome. I know these wishes will probably stay wishes, but thought I'd put my thoughts out there!
  • Options
    Nik24X7Nik24X7 Posts: 7,865 Member
    edited October 2013
    I would love to have the ability to design and play on our own golf courses. We had the mini golf that came with TS1: Makin' Magic. We could design our own layouts with the various pieces (tees, greens, traps). I think it would be fantastic to finally get this capability with Sims 4. Then all we need is tennis, volleyball, squash, racquetball to finally create a country club!
    Origin ID: nik24x7
  • Options
    RLJ86RLJ86 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    I would like to see the sims meet the old west, and medieval except not like the sims medieval. Just like the sims except your in medieval times or in the 1800's, and you get jobs and do everything else that you can do in the regular games, except your sims live in different time periods, and your job opportunities along with every aspect of life deal with issues connected to those time frames. I would like to see the possibility of owning and building a ranch or farm to become the king of a realm within a sims game platform.
  • Options
    OceanNoodlesOceanNoodles Posts: 31 New Member
    edited October 2013
    What I (and I assume many others) really want is improvements to the baby/toddler life states. All that the babies can do is eat, sleep, cry and make a mess whereas they could have had so much more. Why not give babies a rattle or something to play with and maybe clothes options? I'm not saying that the toddler life stage would just be a glorified baby stage, but at least give the two of them more depth...
  • Options
    ems0309ems0309 Posts: 541 Member
    edited October 2013
    CAS and open neighborhood.

Clothing options for babies instead of just diapers or blanket wrap.

More items that come with the base game for babies and toddlers like the walker in the store set...instead of multiple toy boxes and stuffed animals for pete's sake.

Better quality hair and clothing options. Hate how when a game or EP comes out there are only 1 or 2 really good non freakish looking hairstyles or clothes.

I want to see sims actually getting in and out of cars, TS2 had it, why can't 4?

4Collectibles and better storage options for them and craftables.

A different inventory for produce and the like instead of cramming everything in the one inventory.

If something like the backpack from UL is included actually make it like a normal backpack that sims put stuff in, not just as an accessory that winds up in the personal inventory.

Don't get me wrong, I love TS3 but some of the things I listed have really bothered me, most of all the dang useless UL backpack and the lack of baby and toddler items that come in game.

Oh yeah and more than one pre designed freaking wedding dress!!! Come on, not every sim wants the simple sheath type wedding dress!! How about a ball gown, and actually making a veil that doesn't require a certain crappy looking hairstyle under it!!!