Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Clothes shopping in Into the Future? Is it really happening?

SO I heard recently that ITF will allow us to have real clothes store that we can own and I hadn't heard this before because I have been having browser problems that have prevented me from watching the last few broadcasts and videos on ITF. So what's the dish?

Is there a cashier and a register with an npc at the clothing store?

Can we operate the register with our active sim if we own the store?

Can we control the hours and stuff of the store if we own it?

How do the pedestals and mannequinns work?

I heard something about being able to sell all the clothes we have in game (stores, ep and sp) is this true?

I also heard something about being able to sell clothes in categories, does that mean we can assign a category to each individual clothing store? How does that work? We can sell a certain amount of clothes per age and clothing category too, right?

Can we sell a certain recoloring of clothes on a mannequin or is it just the default from CAS?

Sorry for all the questions :oops: I'm just really excited and I want to hear all about it :):lol: Anything you can tell me would be super helpful :D

Comments

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2013
    Yes we can have clothing store in ITF. :-)
  • Options
    julienrob2004julienrob2004 Posts: 4,177 Member
    edited October 2013
    as far as i am aware we can only buy the outfits that are on the pedestals . Not a proper clothes shop like TS2 had . I might be wrong but thats the impression i got .
    Another thing added but again a dumbed down version
  • Options
    Landerlady12Landerlady12 Posts: 381 Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks! I just found the blog written recently. I couldn't access it for awhile so I had no idea that it talked about the clothing stores.
  • Options
    SimGuruFontSimGuruFont Posts: 38 SimGuru
    edited October 2013
    Is there a cashier and register with an npc at the clothing store?

Sims will purchase outfits directly from the pedestal so there is no need for a register. But this certainly shouldn't stop you from placing a register on the lot and having a cashier. The Savvy Seller's Collection from the store does provide some of this functionality if you would like to add it to your clothing gallery shops.
    How do the pedestals and mannequins work?
    Each pedestal will display clothing for children to elders, and all outfit categories (except careers).

When a sim walks up to the pedestal, the mannequin will switch to a mannequin that is the appropriate age/gender. The Sim can chose to browse available outfits per outfit category that have been stored on this pedestal. A sim can change which outfit is on display so they can purchase multiple outfit types. These work both as user directed actions and autonomous actions.

There are some debug cheats that allow builders to set Default Age, Gender and Outfit that the mannequin will display (but keep in mind, when a sim interacts with the pedestal it will switch to match age/gender).

There are 5 interactions on a mannequin
      -
    View: sim will look at the outfit on display
      -
    Purchase Custom Outfit: sim will go into Create-a-Sim like they do with a dresser
      -
    Display Outfit: this will allow a sim to cycle to each of the outfit categories, Everyday, Athletic, Swimwear, Sleepwear, Formal, Outerwear. Choosing the outfit category already on display will cycle to the next outfit in that category if there is more than 1.
      -
    Purchased Displayed Outfit: this will allow a sim to immediately purchase and wear the outfit on display
      -
    Plan Outfit: This interaction only shows up on home lots, or on commercial lots that your sim owns. you'll first select the age, and then the gender of the mannequin you want to edit. In CAS you'll be able to edit all of the available outfit categories mentioned in the display outfit interaction.

I heard something about being able to sell all the clothes we have in game...
    any clothing you can assign in Create-A-Sim can also be assigned to a mannequin, even the content that appears when you use the cheat unlockoutfits on. I haven't tested Custom Content, but I imagine it will work as well. Any styles, patterns or colors you've assigned to the clothing will be properly displayed on the mannequin.
    I also heard something about being able to sell clothes in categories...
    while true, there's no way to restrict a pedestal to only 1 outfit category. Each pedestal can have 3 outfits stored for each category (for each age/gender). Sims will autonomously change to a category they want to when they view the pedestal.

I have been using the barrier to entry system from the store to restrict certain rooms to specific ages and genders, that seems to give me the best control over who can get outfits from which pedestals in my gallery shop.
  • Options
    Landerlady12Landerlady12 Posts: 381 Member
    edited October 2013
    Oh Wow!!!! Thank you so much SimGuruFont for the detailed and very informative reply! I can't wait for ITF and the clothes store especially since I have the ticket barrier system and love controlling what my sims wear. I love Fashion and I love the fact that I can make trends in my worlds now with the new clothes pedestal :)

Thanks Again! :D
  • Options
    Cyberqueen13Cyberqueen13 Posts: 2,835 Member
    edited October 2013
    This is the best thing ever created! Now I can have all Medieval clothes in Dragon Valley :mrgreen:
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited October 2013
    I can not wait for this.

I like having new shops in worlds. :D
  • Options
    Wishonmeh05Wishonmeh05 Posts: 637 Member
    edited October 2013
    I am just happy that now maybe the townies won't be dressed so poorly
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited October 2013
    Wow, this made me twice as excited for ITF!

Thank you so much, SimGuruFont!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SimarchangelSimarchangel Posts: 264 Member
    edited November 2013
    Just one question: what is the point of spending $425 on an outfit when sims can simply make a new one for free using the dresser?

It might be worth paying if an extra outfit was then available in that category (ie: everyday, swimwear etc.) but since any clothes bought will overwrite clothing already chosen there doesn't seem to be much sense in it...

It would be super-useful to have extra outfit options available in ITF too, since sims have to keep travelling between the present and the future and need suitable clothing for both worlds.
  • Options
    Bronwin2Bronwin2 Posts: 2,010 Member
    edited November 2013
    Simarchangel, Exactly my thought. If it added a tab so that you could have four or more outfits I could understand, but why buy what you can get for free?
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,380 Member
    edited November 2013
    Apparently it is for the "shopping experience." :D My sister's sim family has over 4 million and it's just a small way of spending money. (None of my sims are that wealthy.)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.