Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can a Guru look into this please? My dog can't swim in a fountain

I put a fountain in my sims house and for some reason my dog can't swim in it. I had them go to the dog park, and same thing. In his thought bubble is a picture of a swimming pool and in the next thought bubble is a red circle with a line though it with the footsteps in the circle. I'm thinking that means something is in the way or it's not big enough? I don't know what though. I sent them to the dog park that came with the Pets EP. Is anyone else having this problem? If not, then what's my dog's issue?

Comments

• Options
    evilkyttievilkytti Posts: 2,854 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Dog and cats can't swim in the fountain but they can in a swimming pool.
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited October 2013
    When you click on the fountain with your dog, it says "doggie swim in fountain" and I know it was working before. Which means something went wrong with either University or Island Paradise. I just went to another house that has a fountain (their dog loves to swim and I put a fountain in their backyard). In that house, their dog, Lucky, swam in it when I first put it in (been a while ago), and just now when I went to see if he still could, he reacted the same as the other dog in the other house.

EDIT: Maybe I should clarify that it's not the decorative fountains you put in your house, but, the one you build in build mode (like the one at the dog park).
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited October 2013
    I may be mistaken and I thought dogs could swim in fountains too. I tried it and it didn't work so I said, "Oh I guess I was wrong," but I swear my dog swam in a fountain before. Maybe I'm wrong still though. And can cats swim?
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    They could before now. When you click on the fountain with your dog it says "doggie swim in fountain". I wonder what patch broke that? I'd say one of the ones from this year.

Edit: Took out all my mods & CC (which isn't much), went to a new Appaloosa Plains, went to Benjamin Schmidt's house, left all cheats turned off, had his dog go to the dog park to swim in the fountain that's shaped like a bone, and he can't. Still has a thought bubble of a pool with a red circle with footprints in it with a line through it.
    Post edited by Unknown User on
  • Options
    SemediSemedi Posts: 12 New Member
    edited October 2013
    Thanks for the heads up on twitter folks. Adult dogs should definitely be able to swim in fountains created by the fountain tool. I suspect some of the tweaks we made in Island Paradise may have affected this.

I'll definitely pass the information back to those still working on Sims 3.
  • Options
    SimGuruGrahamSimGuruGraham Posts: 1,189 SimGuru
    edited October 2013
    Whoops, there I go using the wrong account again. :shock:
  • Options
    edited October 2013
    You're welcome. I knew I needed to say something. It bugged me that when I sent my dog to the dog park, that he couldn't swim in the fountain. Can't wait for it to be fixed so I can send my dogs to the dog park. You're awesome Graham!
  • Options
    emma78888emma78888 Posts: 240 Member
    edited October 2013
    Ah I have the same problem so it would be great if this could be fixed! :)
  • Options
    jessy9912399jessy9912399 Posts: 1
    edited October 2013
    i am now having a problem with the swimming pool, none of my dogs will swim in the pool but they used to be able to.
  • Options
    et3raeet3rae Posts: 2 New Member
    edited January 2014
    I'm still having this problem. Has any progress been made?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    Not that I know of. I hope Graham mentioned it to those still working on The Sims 3 like he said he'd do. I also told 3 other Guru's. I was disappointed when I didn't see this fixed on their patch notes. It better get fixed. I reported it and I'm no modder, so, I can't fix it on my own.
  • Options
    myrandamiller91myrandamiller91 Posts: 53
    edited January 2014
    could be me intervening out of nowhere, but maybe you could buy the dog park and such and re-build the bone and your own fountains into shaped pools, so they can swim?
  • Options
    edited January 2014
    That's what I ended up doing. I went to the Appaloosa Plains dog park and saved the wall and floor that was used, deleted the fountain, & built pool in it's place. Since it had terrain paint around, it was easy to see where to built the bone shaped pool. Then I used the same wall and floor and put the 2 spray things back in the same place that were in there. In the Faux Paw dog park that's in the library, I did the same thing.