Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Can't install SimGuru Smitty's Midnight Hollow Festival Lot

Help someone, please. I can't get her festival lot to install. I install it, it'll say success, I click on installed content & it's not there, I close the launcher & restart it, & it's like I didn't even install it in the first place. It still thinks I didn't install it. Could someone tell me how to fix that?

Comments

• Options
    kfortikforti Posts: 210 Member
    edited September 2013
    I checked the file in custard and it shows as an object not as a lot :/
    I have no wishlist as I own the store....when I accumulate enough sim points I will be back to gift more people :)
  • Options
    PrfctAngl673PrfctAngl673 Posts: 339 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thanks for replying. I'll have to tell her to see if she can fix it. And hopefully she'll acknowledge I said something & give me some sort of answer.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Could someone with knowledge, fix this so it'll be a lot and not an object?
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't know if this will help but I saw it on her twitter site

Lisa Smith‏@SimGuruSmitty3h
    The Midnight Hollow festival lot is up! http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7686949
    Expand Reply
    Retweet

Favorite

More
    EuphorialQueen‏@EuphorialQueen1h @SimGuruSmitty I DL festival lot from the link but cannot find to place. 3 of us tried and seems to install but not in library?
    Expand

Lisa Smith‏@SimGuruSmitty55m
    @EuphorialQueen It still has the name of the park in the Library. Should be Pitch Park.
  • Options
    Ashley382Ashley382 Posts: 373 Member
    edited September 2013
    I just tried downloading and installing the festival lot and had/have the same problem. Says it installs but doesn't show up. Checked the library, nothing there.
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    edited September 2013
    Over at SIMVIP, they stated you have to move the package file out of DCBACKUP folder and move it into the Library folder.

Hope this helps. I haven't bought the world yet because I am still on the fence about it. I cannot verify if it works.
  • Options
    Monet11Monet11 Posts: 1,422 Member
    edited September 2013
    Same thing has happened to me. I've installed it but it isn't showing up.
  • Options
    SincerboxSincerbox Posts: 2,279 Member
    edited September 2013
    Just downloaded it moments ago. Doesn't appear in my community lot bin either.
    Origin ID: Barbara917
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi guys, I had the same problem but found on SimsVip how to fix it :D It shows up in my game now and I've just placed it, about to take pics in a min :D

The link is here which tells you how to do it

http://simsvip.com/2013/09/26/official-midnight-hollow-festival-lot/
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I followed SimsVIP's instructions, and it worked. It finally showed up and now I can play Midnight Hollow after several hours of trying to get this festival lot to show up.
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    edited September 2013
    I tweeked the festival lot a bit, here is the link:

http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7687705

Replaces Pitch Park.
  • Options
    stormwenchstormwench Posts: 4,416 New Member
    edited September 2013
    Make sure that the lot is installing to the library folder. Any lot added get placed in the library folder, it does not follow the same plab as items do for their install. There is a bug that will prevent lots from being properly installed in the library - this has happened on and off for a long time so most know the solutiona nd/or never had to learn because they have not hit the problem. The solution is below the how to know if it got installed:

How to know if it was properly installed: Before installing the festival lot check the then Sims3/library folder for how many files are there. left click on the folder name and choose properties. Let it count up the installed lots and remember or write down that number.

Then install the festival lot as you usually do - once it says it successful repeat the above and make sure the could of files in 1 higher, to show that the lot was correctly installed. What if the number does not increase? That means you hit the lot install bug and the solution for fixing that is below. What does it mean if the number drops down by one? It means you already had te lot installed and removed it by installing a a second time (don't ask me why they did it this way - this is just how it works). To install it repeat the above or if you are sure its was not in the bin - try the steps below.

To get a lot to install that wil not place a file in the Library folder.

1. Go to your the sims3/DCCache folder and open it up so you can see all the .ebc and .tmp files, and click on one of those file. Then click control- and that will highlight all the files. Then holding down the control key go click on these two files (if there) missingdeps.id and dcbtb.ebc. This will make them unhighlighted. then right click on the highlighted files and drag them to a temporary folder - backup folder somewhere outside of your My Documents/electronic arts/the Sims3 folder. DO NOT delete this files, you have to save them. These are where all your store items are installed into and where your game reads them from. It just, sometimes if either one file is too full and/or there are too many of them there is a glitch and a lot will not install.

Now you should juts have those files that you unhighlighted left in that folder and all the others safely moved and waiting else where. Make sure to now get a count of the files in the library folder (as instructed above) and write down or remember that number. Now install the lot via the launcher. Once it says it installed check your file count in the library folder and make sure its increased by one. AS long a sit has the festival lot is now installed.

Now go and move all those files you moved out of DCCache folder back to DCCache. It will asking you if you want to over write any files (it actually should ask that at this point) tell it YES and let it continue.

Do not worry that when you are over writing those files when you move them back. The festival lot contains no new items that were installed so you are not over writing any newly installed data. The only thing you installed new was the lot and it gets installed to the library folder.

• Options
    EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited September 2013
    samj6 wrote:
    Well I sure did not expect that. ;) Thank you for the link. :thumbup: :thumbup: -EQ

@stormwench Thank you as well. Either I have not had this before or just did not recognize the issue. Great info to keep in mind.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited October 2013
    Hi cherid87120,

not certain if you are still monitoring this thread but I just wanted to thank you for your festival park as despite trying numerous methods to get SimGuru Smitty's pitch park into the game nothing was working and I was tearing my hair out, with yours it downloaded and installed perfectly :D

@stormwench Thank you as well because I learned a lot from your post I did not know but despite following instructions several times I simply could not get it to work but it could have just been me.

samj6 I even tried that method at simvip as well to no avail, I am just pleased at least I have a working festival lot now.

As always it is the great simmer community to the rescue.........

• Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    edited October 2013
    I don't think she thinks there is anything wrong with it so she won't fix it. I had to tweak mine to to get it to work and show up.
    tenor.gif?itemid=5228641