Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Steampunk creative thread by kateoverend :-)

I am a huge fan of Steampunk and I think simmers who have not yet tried adding Steampunk to their games should, as it adds a fabulous dimension to TS3 :) I am hoping simmers who have not yet tried Steampunk will be inspired :) I just love the sophisticated Steampunk style :)

3 in 1 store lot.

Luscious Layers bakery, Bottle Bungalow nectar store and Perfomer's Pit live show venue. CC free. Small, compact 30 x 20 sized lot. Tested. Set lot type to Coffeehouse for all the buildings on this one lot to work.
Note. Some images are dark as this was built in MH :)
Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=8118937

Luscious Layers Bakery. [Sweet Treats style. Uses Business as Usual stove and UL café bar]

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

Bottle Bungalow nectar store. [Steampunk style. Uses Savvy Seller set]

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

Perfomer's Pit live show venue [Modern Showtime style. Uses ST stage and LN bouncer ropes]

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

Entire lot.

screenshot_original.jpg

Modern Steampunk Mansion.

Description: Cc free. 30x40 lot size. Large modern mansion for your snobbish Steampunk sim. Fully fenced. 2 levels. 2 parking spots, 2 sunken bedrooms, lobby, lounge with fireplace, kitchen/dining, study, entertainment room, bathroom. Outdoor area with sauna room, sunken hot tub area and sunken BBQ area.
Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7683652

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

Clockwork Couture store for Midnight Hollow

Description: CC free. 10x15 [My Steampunk store is only 10x15 as I have created it to be one of many row shops that I will place together in the town to like row townhomes/warehouses to compliment SimGuruCopeland's Diagon Alley themed town centre] Clockwork Couture is a row store in the heart of town that caters to all your Steampunk sims gagetry needs.
Note. The orange lot on the left I plan to turn into a Voodoo House :)
Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7670653

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

Steampunk Steamer.
Description: CC free. Basement plus 2 levels. 1 bedroom, nectar cellar, study/lounge, kitchen, dining room, control room and rooftop viewing platform :)
Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7597622

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

Midnight Hollow Steampunk Maze.
Description: Cc free, 30x20 lot, 3 level, 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, study, kitchen, 2 lounges, conservatory, chess room, dining room, drinks room, Alchemy room, foyer and garden :)
Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7659338

screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg

Here are the Steampunk sims and households I have in my studio if anyone is wanting to add some Steampunk sims to their game. All are cc free :)
Note. I use very little store Steampunk clothes but instead use mostly attire from the Supernatural EP :) Be sure to use the 'unlockoutfits on' cheat :)

Steampunk Family
original.jpg
Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6971043
Steampunk Friends
original.jpg
Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7593215
Miss Nettie Standish
everyday_original.jpg
Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7475347
Miss Gertrude Salisbury
everyday_original.jpg
Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7098843
Lady Samantha Ormond
formalwear_original.jpg
Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7382015
Countess Anne Kempe
formalwear_original.jpg
Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=6976253
Miss Sybil Parsons
original.jpg
Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7604911
Miss Estella Craven
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7664502
Miss Katrine Raven
screenshot_original.jpg
screenshot_original.jpg
Download Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7664501
Apollo Bloom
Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7710712
everyday_original.jpg

Sarita Los Santos
headshot_original.jpg
everyday_original.jpg
Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7775583

Steampunk Full Outfit re-colour.
Link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7847708
original.jpg
rnKEhBT.png

Comments

• Options
    follyfootfollyfoot Posts: 3,450 Member
    edited September 2013
    Kate wonderful Steampunk creations. :D:D Left rec's for them all. :D
    Hugs Folly
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited September 2013
    Your steampunk themed builds and sims are great :) Great creating of each of the sims and the households. It looks great the shades of colours and patterns that you have used for their outfits.
    Great designing and furnishing of your houseboat and the Midnight Hollow Steampunk maze home. Great colours you have used for the exterior and interior of the boat. The way you have done the boats roofing looks great. Great way you used the greenhouse set roofing pieces and have done the golden tower peaks. Great layout and themed furnishing of the various areas of the boat. I have already enjoyed looking and commenting on your Midnight Hollow home on your other thread. It is a great home , and the maxe looks great!
    Great steampunk themed builds and sims! They will be great for the coming new world! :)
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited September 2013
    follyfoot wrote:
    Kate wonderful Steampunk creations. :D:D Left rec's for them all. :D
    Hugs Folly

Hello follyfoot :) Thank you for your kind praise and feedback :) I appreciate you taking the time to recommend my creations, thank you *hugs*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your steampunk themed builds and sims are great :) Great creating of each of the sims and the households. It looks great the shades of colours and patterns that you have used for their outfits.
    Great designing and furnishing of your houseboat and the Midnight Hollow Steampunk maze home. Great colours you have used for the exterior and interior of the boat. The way you have done the boats roofing looks great. Great way you used the greenhouse set roofing pieces and have done the golden tower peaks. Great layout and themed furnishing of the various areas of the boat. I have already enjoyed looking and commenting on your Midnight Hollow home on your other thread. It is a great home , and the maxe looks great!
    Great steampunk themed builds and sims! They will be great for the coming new world! :)
    Hello rosemow :)
    Thank you for your positive comments, you are such a sweetie *hugs*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    imogerimoger Posts: 5,790 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi, Kateoverend! Your steampunk-themed creations looks great! :)
    I'm still trying to leave recommends on them, but it seem, that Liam kidnapped the exchange again. will rec them as soon as I'm a able.
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hello imoger :) Thank you :) I do have such fun creating Steampunk themed sims and lots, I enjoy mixing the Victorian era fashion with Western and Gothic fashion :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited September 2013
    Ah this looks beautiful! I love the steampunk style and yours looks great! Love your boat house. What a cool concept! Love the interiors. Recommended. Also recommended your Midnight Hollow Steampunk maze. I love the way you have decorated. Love the old world style. Also recommended your sims and the household. The period clothes, hairstyle and hats looks great. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi kate, I really love all of your steampunk creations!
    The houseboat looks gorgeous with all the exteriors. Love how you organized inside with all the decors too! The house with maze looks amazing, interiors are warm and comfy, but really fit the theme of steampunk. All the sims costume are gorgeous and beautiful too. Left you a big rec's :)

Just one question...

screenshot_original.jpg

I really love the steaming ferrous object at the upper left of the image.... where can we get it? I would love to use it too!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Your 2 new steampunk sims are great :) Estella looks great with her red hair. Great photos of Katrine outside at your Midnight Hollow home and inside amongst the steampunk themed furnishings. Great clothes that they are wearing.
  • Options
    IdontrcallIdontrcall Posts: 19,349 Member
    edited September 2013
    Great work on your stemapunk builds and sims, Kate! Your home will go great in Midnight Hollow :)
    Check out my cooking Youtube channel: Living with Leigh
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    Ah this looks beautiful! I love the steampunk style and yours looks great! Love your boat house. What a cool concept! Love the interiors. Recommended. Also recommended your Midnight Hollow Steampunk maze. I love the way you have decorated. Love the old world style. Also recommended your sims and the household. The period clothes, hairstyle and hats looks great. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Thank you yanti :) I appreciate your positive feedback and recommendation *hugs*
    saitouamy wrote:
    Hi kate, I really love all of your steampunk creations!
    The houseboat looks gorgeous with all the exteriors. Love how you organized inside with all the decors too! The house with maze looks amazing, interiors are warm and comfy, but really fit the theme of steampunk. All the sims costume are gorgeous and beautiful too. Left you a big rec's :)

Just one question...

screenshot_original.jpg

I really love the steaming ferrous object at the upper left of the image.... where can we get it? I would love to use it too!

Thank you for your praise saitouamy :)
    The steaming ferrous object is an unlockable via simport Steampunk contraption that came with the Showtime EP :)
    rosemow wrote:
    Your 2 new steampunk sims are great :) Estella looks great with her red hair. Great photos of Katrine outside at your Midnight Hollow home and inside amongst the steampunk themed furnishings. Great clothes that they are wearing.

Hello rosemow sweetie :) Thank you as ever for your kind and positive comments, I always appreciate your feedback *hugs*
    Idontrcall wrote:
    Great work on your stemapunk builds and sims, Kate! Your home will go great in Midnight Hollow :)

Thank you Idontrcall :) I am really looking forward to my sim owning and operating their very own store :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Clockwork Couture store is great. :) It is a great idea to have a row of stores. Great townhouse exterior design of it. It looks great the way you have done the front steps to the entrance. Great steampunk furnishing of the shop, sums will enjoy coming to the shop to buy all the steampunk related items. The display of various types of clocks on the wall looks great. The way you have placed the various gadgets/inventions on the pedestals, tables, and shelves looks great. The wall panelling and the colours you have used for the recolouring of the items in the store looks great. It is great that you have provided a place where sims can also come to use the sculpting and chemistry items to build up their skills and create items and potions or buy these items to take home and use in their own house.
    It will be a great place for sims who like steampunk items to visit in Midnight Hollow. :)
  • Options
    samj6samj6 Posts: 750 Member
    edited September 2013
    Hi, Kateoverend :)

I really like your steampunk builds, the exterior of your clockwork couture shop looks great. I also like the decor and layout inside!

Your boat looks great as well! I like how you used the gold spire things and the greenhouse windows :)

I love the decor in the maze house, the patterns you've used look great! I also like the sim in the maze, her outfit is very nice :thumbup:

• Options
    edited September 2013
    Ah this would be perfect for Midnight Hollow! :D Love your shop. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    saitouamysaitouamy Posts: 1,104 Member
    edited September 2013
    Thank you so much for replying kate! So it was a unlockable objects, looks gorgeous :D
    And what a wonderful shop! It sure will be a perfect match to Midnight Hollow. I love the modern looks of it outside and dim elegant interiors. Especially those clocks on walls and it's wall design fits perfectly. Left you a big rec's :)
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Hello my friends :)
    My original post has been updated with a Modern Steampunk Mansion :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    saitouamy wrote:
    Thank you so much for replying kate! So it was a unlockable objects, looks gorgeous :D
    And what a wonderful shop! It sure will be a perfect match to Midnight Hollow. I love the modern looks of it outside and dim elegant interiors. Especially those clocks on walls and it's wall design fits perfectly. Left you a big rec's :)
    You are welcome saitouamy :) I am so pleased that you like my creations *hugs*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    XxHannelorexXXxHannelorexX Posts: 2,943 Member
    edited September 2013
    Your Steampunk Steamer is just...wow :shock: Love it :D I like all of your creations, but that one just really stands out to me in a good way :mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Modern Steampunk Mansion is great. :) Great exterior design of it! It looks great the way you have used the skylights and the greenhouse set glass roof items. The way you have placed the glass windows makes it a nice place to look out through the windows and see what is happening, as well as letting sunlight in. It looks great the way you have done the outdoor areas! The sunken hot tub area looks a nice place to relax in the tub or on the nearby covered seat, and it looks great the way you have done the sunken outdoor kitchen area to enjoy cooking and eating outdoors. Great to have the phonograph nearby to listen to music whilst cooking and eating. The tables/chair types you have there look great. Great to have the sauna room to relax in too. Great layout of the build, both of the interior rooms and how you have done the outdoors areas. The way you have placed the purple plants throughout the outdoors looks great. Nice furnishing of the interior. Great telescope star gazing alcove. Nice shades of brown and wall panelling that you have used throughout the home. It looks nice the way you have done the music and painting room. The picture on the wall, the aquarium and the window nook bar area to have a drink from all looks great. It is great the way you have used an elevator for your sims to get from one floor to another . The design of the elevator looks very steampunkish. Great steampunk themed furnishings of the kitchen. The themed counters. fridge and appliances looks great. The type of dining table/chairs suits the home well. Great sitting areas and corners to relax in an arm chair and have a read of a book or chat or watch tv. Great furnishing of the bedrooms. It looks great the way you have the chess table at the end of one of the beds, and have the books on the table at the end of the other one. Great way you have used steps throughout the build.
    It is a great home which captures the steampunk theme very well. It is now ready for Midnight Hollow world! :)
  • Options
    tkbluebasketballtkbluebasketball Posts: 4,495 Member
    edited September 2013
    These Steampunk creations are wonderful! You put a lot of work into it and I love them! Feature worthy :thumbup: Also people will love this with Midnight Hallow!
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    Your Steampunk Steamer is just...wow :shock: Love it :D I like all of your creations, but that one just really stands out to me in a good way :mrgreen:
    Thank you XxHannelorexX :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    These Steampunk creations are wonderful! You put a lot of work into it and I love them! Feature worthy :thumbup: Also people will love this with Midnight Hallow!

Thank you tkbluebasketbal :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Modern Steampunk Mansion is great. :) Great exterior design of it! It looks great the way you have used the skylights and the greenhouse set glass roof items. The way you have placed the glass windows makes it a nice place to look out through the windows and see what is happening, as well as letting sunlight in. It looks great the way you have done the outdoor areas! The sunken hot tub area looks a nice place to relax in the tub or on the nearby covered seat, and it looks great the way you have done the sunken outdoor kitchen area to enjoy cooking and eating outdoors. Great to have the phonograph nearby to listen to music whilst cooking and eating. The tables/chair types you have there look great. Great to have the sauna room to relax in too. Great layout of the build, both of the interior rooms and how you have done the outdoors areas. The way you have placed the purple plants throughout the outdoors looks great. Nice furnishing of the interior. Great telescope star gazing alcove. Nice shades of brown and wall panelling that you have used throughout the home. It looks nice the way you have done the music and painting room. The picture on the wall, the aquarium and the window nook bar area to have a drink from all looks great. It is great the way you have used an elevator for your sims to get from one floor to another . The design of the elevator looks very steampunkish. Great steampunk themed furnishings of the kitchen. The themed counters. fridge and appliances looks great. The type of dining table/chairs suits the home well. Great sitting areas and corners to relax in an arm chair and have a read of a book or chat or watch tv. Great furnishing of the bedrooms. It looks great the way you have the chess table at the end of one of the beds, and have the books on the table at the end of the other one. Great way you have used steps throughout the build.
    It is a great home which captures the steampunk theme very well. It is now ready for Midnight Hollow world! :)
    Hello rose sweetie *hugs* Thank you. You never fail to make such positive and wonderful comments - I appreciate you taking the time to give me your feedback. My favourite part of this build is the outdoor area... It took me ages! :lol: I am not as clever as my Son thus it took me a long while to add the sauna room and the sunken hot tub/bbq areas. I used foundations as 'fences' as to keep any unwanted visiting sims out - aka zombies :lol:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    I like the idea of a modern steampunk mansion! Love how you have used the green house roofs! Looks cool. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited September 2013
    yanti68 wrote:
    I like the idea of a modern steampunk mansion! Love how you have used the green house roofs! Looks cool. Recommended. :thumbup: :thumbup:
    Hello yanti68 :) Thank you :) I love the Stonesthrow Glasshouse roof pieces, they are a must for Steampunk builds. The Skylight Studio for the Performing Arts venue also has some lovely pieces :)
    rnKEhBT.png