May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Issues with generations :(

have 2 issues and coustmer support chat was literally no help what so ever.

The canes don't work, and the prom for teens dosn't EVER activate. And I need both of those for my story I hope i can get some help. Thanks

Comments

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited September 2013
    The canes got messed up in the last patch. I don't know about the prom dresses.
  • Options
    MoonShadow1789MoonShadow1789 Posts: 127 New Member
    edited September 2013
    I don't use the canes, but the proms work fine for me.

The issue I've been having lately is that my Sims get a Snow Day, then the bus still comes at 8, which is horrible because they usually get caught up in a traffic jam outside of the school, so I like to send them early, but I can't send them early when there's a supposed "Snow Day". :roll:
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited September 2013
    Make sure your Teen age-stage is long enough -- at least 7 days I think should trigger it. (I have my Sim teens at 14 days right now and it seems to work well.)
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    IreneSwiftIreneSwift Posts: 6,247 Member
    edited September 2013
    I have my teen sims at 14 days. They used to get a prom every time, but lately, they don't get one more often than they do.
  • Options
    Simsister2004Simsister2004 Posts: 3,536 Member
    edited September 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

I have installed the latest patch, and I have both working canes and prom dresses.
  • Options
    SimsFan33XDSimsFan33XD Posts: 80 Member
    edited September 2013
    LaBlue0314 wrote:

I have installed the latest patch, and I have both working canes and prom dresses.

Patch 1.57 Works... I just downloaded patch 1.55 and canes and prom dresses are fine. A friend has 1.57 and it works.
  • Options
    ChazLee86ChazLee86 Posts: 296 Member
    edited September 2013
    hi

Mine's been fine since patch too...however I did notice that if my sim was doing something at the time the prom car came it wouldn't automatically cancel the action so I would have to go into map view...click on the school...and then there was an option "go to prom"

hope you sort it out soon :)
    http://sims4100babies.blogspot.co.uk/ Check it out! Enjoy as the drama unravels...