Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Does anyone actually like the game?

Amongst all the screaming on this board (some of which is self-contradictory, but I digress) I don't seem to see anyone who likes anything about the game.

I happen to like the pre-alpha previews we've been shown. I like the style, I like how they've worked on improving CAS, I like how they have expanded the gameplay and made it deeper, I like the new emotions aspect of the game. I can't wait to see how it looks closer to the release date. :D

Does anyone else actually like the game?
Or do you think that I should hate it too? (if so, give me some evidence please)
q6goV2s.png
Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!

Comments

• Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2013
    They've improved SOME PARTS of CAS, but then took away our ability to give the clothing any color or pattern we want to, and took away the ability to give the hair highlights in another color/shade.

I'd love to play around with CAS to make different faces and body types, but then the clothing will all be dull and look alike after a while because of the small number of color presets.

I like that they improved pathfinding in the game.

I like the multitasking features.

I'm pretty ambivalent about the whole "better emotions" thing.

Not telling you that you should either like or hate the game, but I do want to give my own opinions on it.
  • Options
    ClaudiaElzoClaudiaElzo Posts: 1,120 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I don't like the CAS thing
    I love the emotions thing, I really hated the limited interactions in TS3 it was a huge step back from the previous games, I can't wait to see the new interactions that will come along with the emotions!!! I love having a bunch of options!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    edited August 2013
    1. Graphics are fine. Nothing spectacular but not disappointing.
    2. Emotions to be honest I don't care one way or the other.
    3. Updated Create A Sim I like a lot.
    4. Removing Create A Style, so far, is a major set back to me.

So, pretty much ambivalent and on the fence thus far.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    BlondieGBlondieG Posts: 15 Member
    edited August 2013
    I do!! :D I have a good feeling about this game :D:D
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    edited August 2013
    To be perfectly honest, I personally found using Create a Style tedious and unpleasant because I have a terrible sense of colour and design. But I am aware that many people loved this feature. I'm thinking that they might implement some sort of preset colour palettes type way of doing things, so that it wouldn't exactly be CASt, but it would be more versatile than TS2, while also allowing a degree of player control.
    It would presumably be easy to create custom colours/designs, assuming they are just from flat texture files (as in TS2) and chances are we will get some sort of tool for that.
    Also, to go on a hunch, I am going to assume that, since they worked on putting layering in terms of boots/pants and hats/hair, they will also add something like shirt/jacket or undershirt/shirt/jacket.

But as I said, this is the pre-alpha version, they are still building parts of the game, and improving other parts, it's impressive (or underwhelming) already, but they could foreseeably completely change parts of the game from this point.
    q6goV2s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    What I like is that I have a feeling that this game is gonna expand all the interactions... I feel like sims will be as ridiculous as they were on the sims 1, they had a million interactions I don't know if you guys remember XD
    The graphics so far don't drive me crazy and I hate the no CAS thing, but I'm really excited about the emotions!!! I hope they keep the traits!
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    edited August 2013
    What I like is that I have a feeling that this game is gonna expand all the interations... I feel like sims will be as ridiculous as they were on the sims 1, they had a million interactions I don't know if you guys remember XD
    The graphics so far don't drive me crazy and I hate the no CAS thing, but I'm really excited about the emotions!!! I hope they keep the traits!
    I hope that they expand the traits. Which seeing as the game is focused on the 'emotions' of our sims, they probably are.
    q6goV2s.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    FosoSam wrote:
    What I like is that I have a feeling that this game is gonna expand all the interations... I feel like sims will be as ridiculous as they were on the sims 1, they had a million interactions I don't know if you guys remember XD
    I hope that they expand the traits. Which seeing as the game is focused on the 'emotions' of our sims, they probably are.

Yeah, I have a feeling that sims are going to have an incredible amount of interactions, joining emotions with traits!!!! I cant wait!
  • Options
    Rflong7Rflong7 Posts: 36,588 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hi :D

I like the looks of the Sims (style), I like CAS, I like most of Build Buy mode, not sure about all the emotional play (haven't played it yet), Not sure of the rest because they haven't shown it. Neighborhood (don't say it'll be open cause...), the rest of the Sim ages, or the Sharing platform/exchange.

So much is still in the air I rather just wait for more information. :D
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    edited August 2013
    All I like are the more emotive sims and the better CAS face controls. If TS3 had those, I would be happy with the game. I still need to see how it really plays though. These emotional sims could turn out to be annoying and get in the way of how I want to play the game.

I am not crazy about the graphics, exaggerated facial expressions, no create-a-style, the emphasis on being social and the tactics they will most likely use to get simmers to participate. The key motivation here to me is to have simmers online for a better DRM system and to tell them about what is being sold in the store.

The new build-mode tools are nice, but I don't need them to build a house. Create-a-style is way more important to me. There is still the neighborhood. That could be either great or another reason for me not to buy the game. That's what I need to know next. Is it open? Is it closed. Is it cut up into small districts? Can the whole town age together?

I already have a Sims game that I have a love/hate dynamic going on. I don't want to buy another.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    jvilla0713jvilla0713 Posts: 200 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like some aspects of the new CAS, like the body sculpting and new Sims traits and aspirations. I also love how the Sims look. I think if they are going to take away our CAST, they need to really amp up the clothing styles, colors and patterns. I don't mean a million options, just really sweet fashion that would make us not even want to change anything about it. Same goes for Buy/Build CAST.

Visually, I think the game looks fantastic. I love what I've seen of the town so far. Hopefully the final game will stay true to the concept art. The house they show (the one by the trolley) looks beautiful. The Sims look cartoonish, but that doesn't bother me that much. I feel it is an improvement on the TS3 pudding and witch faces anyway haha.

I am waiting to learn more about how emotions will work, and interaction among sims/their surroundings in general. They keep bringing this up as the new, innovative feature in the game but we haven't seen a lot of this play out yet. Gameplay and animation is what will really make or break it for me.
    2dkbxgx.png
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    jvilla0713 wrote:
    I like some aspects of the new CAS, like the body sculpting and new Sims traits and aspirations. I also love how the Sims look. I think if they are going to take away our CAST, they need to really amp up the clothing styles, colors and patterns. I don't mean a million options, just really sweet fashion that would make us not even want to change anything about it. Same goes for Buy/Build CAST.

Visually, I think the game looks fantastic. I love what I've seen of the town so far. Hopefully the final game will stay true to the concept art. The house they show (the one by the trolley) looks beautiful. The Sims look cartoonish, but that doesn't bother me that much. I feel it is an improvement on the TS3 pudding and witch faces anyway haha.

I am waiting to learn more about how emotions will work, and interaction among sims/their surroundings in general. They keep bringing this up as the new, innovative feature in the game but we haven't seen a lot of this play out yet. Gameplay and animation is what will really make or break it for me.

Good obsevation, I'll check out the town
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited August 2013
    I like what I see - LOVE CAS so far - but from what we have been able to see, I wouldn't say it's the perfect game or anything ;) I'm still looking forward to finding out more though. It will need to take a major step backwards to stop me wanting to buy it.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    PenelopePenelope Posts: 3,298 Member
    edited August 2013
    jcp011c2 wrote:
    1. Graphics are fine. Nothing spectacular but not disappointing.
    2. Emotions to be honest I don't care one way or the other.
    3. Updated Create A Sim I like a lot.
    4. Removing Create A Style, so far, is a major set back to me.

So, pretty much ambivalent and on the fence thus far.
    This is all EXACTLY how I feel about all of it. I could have written this, myself.
  • Options
    humanlighthumanlight Posts: 5
    edited August 2013
    I quite liked it at first, but the removal of CASt and the reduction of the number of life stages (from 7 to 5 or 6?) has me rather worried about TS4 being a more stripped down version of the game in order to accommodate emotions. Granted, these issues could be remedied if CASt, or at the very least a colour wheel, is added to a base game patch early on and the reduced number of life stages have a far richer range of interactions. I guess I'll just sit on this fence over here until there's more information out.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love it already.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    humanlight wrote:
    I quite liked it at first, but the removal of CASt and the reduction of the number of life stages (from 7 to 5 or 6?) has me rather worried about TS4 being a more stripped down version of the game in order to accommodate emotions. Granted, these issues could be remedied if CASt, or at the very least a colour wheel, is added to a base game patch early on and the reduced number of life stages have a far richer range of interactions. I guess I'll just sit on this fence over here until there's more information out.

Woaaaaaah
    What reduction of life stages D:
    ???
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited August 2013
    I do like the sound of the game, I really cannot comment on it considering I haven't played it yet and its not in the finished mode. I love the part where we get to give them their own unique walk, thats a new tool, and the emotions aswell, I love the look of the town in that picture that is suppose to be in Sims 3 ITF. I don't like the look of the sims themselves as in their arms and legs, they just look too raggedy ann doll to me, no substance to them, so I'm hoping they will make them better in the long run. :D
  • Options
    Deshong04Deshong04 Posts: 4,278 Member
    edited August 2013
    There are so many that likes this game...so many...so, so, so many...but I'm not one of them.
    “What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
    Stand a little taller
    Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone
    What doesn't kill you makes a fighter
    Footsteps even lighter”
  • Options
    VlaxitovVlaxitov Posts: 5,798 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm going to have to be that guy and like the art style of the TS4 sims themselves. The reason is it looks like it will allow for better smoother animations. I like that they are focusing a little more on the sim and interactions like they did in TS2. I like "some of" the CAS stuff I've seen so far.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    I like that we can now pick hats for any hairstyle and jewelry and accesories for any outfit. Simguru Jill confirmed this about jewelry recently.

So since hats can be added to any hairstyle now there won't be a hair with accesories anymore in cas thereby hopefully keeping our games in cas from lagging as badly especially when we tack on new eps,sps and store stuff.
  • Options
    DarleymikeyDarleymikey Posts: 4,047 Member
    edited August 2013
    Will it be open-world/neighborhood? I don't remember seeing something one way or the other on that.
    wallshot_zps9l41abih.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Will it be open-world/neighborhood? I don't remember seeing something one way or the other on that.

We don't know yet. Hopefully we'll know September 17th during the Live Broadcast.
  • Options
    asdfthesimsasdfthesims Posts: 295 New Member
    edited August 2013
    humanlight wrote:

Woaaaaaah
    What reduction of life stages D:
    ???

I don't know the ins and outs, but from what I've seen, it's only a reduction of life stages in CAS. Meaning, we can't edit every age in CAS. (...and I say that like it's ok; *only* in CAS :roll: )

I also heard that they may be planning to add all life stages to CAS in a patch or EP or update of some sort.

And @OP, I'll probably buy it, unless some awful groundbreaking news is revealed. CAS's "push and pull" feature is really enticing. I'll just have to see what its like at least out of curiosity. Though the price is off-putting...
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have been with Sims franchise since SimEarth on my Windows 95, so if that isn't like or even love I don't know what is for a game. But I will express my concerns and worries cause I think they listen and I love Sims 3 at this time and could still very much love Sims 4 but I won't know for sure till I play it, I think my 18-ish year relationship with it as a franchise (Sims the longest game franchise relationship I have ever had and I don't see why expressing my concerns would ever be a bad thing so I will). I have skipped generations and different simulation games they put out but I don't think that is really a bad thing. But over all I think I have a great long term relationship with the Sims Franchise as a whole :)