Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One does not simply reinstall The Sims 3...

tumblr_ms88k9M3wZ1s6dcu6o1_500.jpg

So I'm installing my game onto my Windows partition finally. Good thing I don't have much to do this evening.
q6goV2s.png
Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!

Comments

• Options
    justdancerebeccajustdancerebecca Posts: 1,334 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm like that with TS2, I have every expansion/stuff pack. If I have to end up reinstalling somehow, I'm committed to that for a few hours... :roll:
    wr7jm5.png&quot

• Options
    RuriKamiyaRuriKamiya Posts: 298 New Member
    edited August 2013
    Same here... For some reason it takes all the willingness in order to play the Sims 3 for me. I stopped playing after LN and I just recently got back into the game after getting Generations and Pets. So far, it's good. I haven't felt this way since TS2.
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    edited August 2013
    It's testing my patience currently, as I have to reformat my Bootcamp Partition to fit them all on properly.
    If they end up not working I swear I will
    q6goV2s.png
  • Options
    ChimarkChimark Posts: 2,166 Member
    edited August 2013
    Easus Partion manager is free for home use and you can clone your partition very easily. You can also use it to shrink partition and manage them.
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    edited August 2013
    I managed to repartition my harddrive and get everything up to University installed without a hitch. Then a Cyclic Redundancy Check Error happened.

Everything went better than expected though.
    q6goV2s.png
  • Options
    bklienhartbklienhart Posts: 2,975 Member
    edited August 2013
    I just did that a couple of weeks ago. But I left out World Adventures, Late Night, Showtime, Supernatural and Seasons. I'll probably put Supernatural back in pretty soon, but not the others.

I couldn't find my Sims 3 disc, so I had to download and install it from Origins. That took me almost as long as all the rest of them put together.

IMG_20130828_104730.jpg
  • Options
    Eden777Eden777 Posts: 1,263 Member
    edited August 2013
    I bought a new computer last week and had to go through the tedious chore of installing all the EPs (except University) and one SP. Whew, it took forever. My game runs okay when I start a new game now, but eventually crashes when I try and play my existing game. :?