Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Should I get Seasons, UL, or IP?

I (might, not positively) get a new sim game with the sale on Origin. I can't decide between these three though, so which is YOUR favorite and why?

Comments

• Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited August 2013
    Hard choice, all three are good.
    Seasons changes your game a lot. I love the thunderstorms. If you like playing vampires, they can go out safely during rainy days. If you have SN, then you'll get statue supernaturals can use, the game places it anywhere it wants. It's kinda a pain.
    UL is better than what we had in 2. I love the megaphone. You can use it to announce protests and decided where you want to hold it. Sims get all worked up and stand on their soapboxes and make speeches! It's fun!
    IP may be the best of the three. Loads of new gameplay! It's brand new and has stuff you have ever seen in a sims game before.

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    HorseLoverXOHorseLoverXO Posts: 145
    edited August 2013
    Thanks for your input! :mrgreen:

I'm leaning towards Seasons but I still really want the other two. I'll wait for some more people to post before I decide. :)
  • Options
    StilettoBlackStilettoBlack Posts: 3,844 Member
    edited August 2013
    You could just wait and get Into the Future! That game looks like it's going to be the best! :mrgreen: I can't wait for it.
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited August 2013
    Carl's guide has an in depth look at each expansion...it'll tell you what you get and what you can do.

http://www.carls-sims-3-guide.com/

I always watch the LGR reviews on you tube.

"People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    HorseLoverXOHorseLoverXO Posts: 145
    edited August 2013
    Yeah, I might just save up for Into The Future. :D

Thank you, I'll read through that guide.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited August 2013
    Of the three, I'd go with Seasons; it has a lot more to do for entire families, while the other two seem to be aimed at young adult and up. (Child Sims can even snowboard, which impressed me knowing how EA tends to ignore the kids. :roll: ) Although if you don't want Showtime but want the pool table and photobooth, you can get UL for those two items. IP is so glitchy I really wouldn't recommend it at this point unless you have mods to correct some of the major issues like not being able to explore dive caves and such.

The new parties in Seasons are really fun -- I like the gift-giving one the best. (Once some of my Sims' children grow up and move out, it'll be fun to invite them over for family parties.) And the festivals are kind of cool, with lots of things to do. So that's why I'd go with that one of the three.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    hippiechick7897hippiechick7897 Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2013
    I love IP. I love the world, I love the houseboats, I love owning resorts. Far and away my favorite EP.
    Tomorrow has been cancelled due to a lack of interest.

giphy.gif
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited August 2013
    Supernatural is my favorite TS3 expansion. :)
  • Options
    OnlyCarolineOnlyCaroline Posts: 187
    edited August 2013
    Out of those three, I'd say Seasons. I enjoy IP and Uni, but they feel more like extras with features I only use sometimes. Seasons doesn't feel extra, it's crucial for me.

I second reading up on the expansions first. It's worth it.
  • Options
    morgangrace16morgangrace16 Posts: 175
    edited August 2013
    I agree, I think seasons is crucial. I just bought WA and was a little disappointed, because as was stated above, it's only used sometimes and was rather expensive. I personally am going to get Seasons and SN with the sale. Hopefully Island Paradise next though! University will be lower down on my list of must-haves. But I'm sure you'll have fun with whichever you choose! And remember, Sims 3 games will continue to lower in price the closer Sims 4 gets, and after it arrives. :D
  • Options
    FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    edited August 2013
    I had to get University Life for Plant sims, and the cloning machine. and I had to get Island Paradise for the Mermaids..

I have yet to get Seasons, though I want it too..

• Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    edited August 2013
    Seasons adds alot of things that seem necessary for sim life. Island paradise adds a nice town and fun underwater game play but youd have to place the under water caves and houseboats/ports in the world. university is just great for jobs and random parties. I really like the new plants. The coffee beans and herbs are nice. The alien life state is jusy awesome and better than mermaids and plantsims in my opinion...
  • Options
    glitterandguitarsglitterandguitars Posts: 259 New Member
    edited August 2013
    DEFINITELY ISLAND PARADISE!

It is definitely the best of the 3. Actually, it is my favourite expansion pack ever! It has beautiful scenery, there is so much more stuff to do and it I haven't got bored of it yet, and I got it when it came out :)

Please get it! You won't regret it!
  • Options
    RedSwiftie13RedSwiftie13 Posts: 478 New Member
    edited August 2013
    morgangrace16 My thoughts exactly on the prices ;)
    I have University Life and it does add a lot of clothes and furniture for you to use but the actual gameplay you only use when your kids become young adults although it is very good
    I just got Season s and although it doesnt really add much stuff you play with it constantly and it is well worth the moneyas it makes the game more exciting and interesting.
    I havent yet got Island Paradise although i do plan to in the future