Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

system requirements and loading time?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,434 Member
    edited August 2013
    Jesski wrote:
    I'm not sure if anyone has posted this but this is what Simguru Ryan says, The sims 4 will run better on lower end machines than the sims 3.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a507006/the-sims-4-to-run-better-on-low-end-machines-than-sims-3-says-maxis.html
    This got me looking more forward to sims 4, my laptop can't support sims 3 at high details and will crash quickly. This is a relief.
  • Options
    Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    edited August 2013
    1fallqueen wrote:
    Clk1143 wrote:
    My question is will it work well with Windows 8? My husband is a programmer who makes apps so we will need to switch to windows 8 soon for that.

I haven't run into any problems running TS3 on Windows 8 yet. Since it is the current Microsoft OS, I think they will do their best to make sure it works well with Windows 8.

Thanks for letting me know :)
  • Options
    heidi11576heidi11576 Posts: 1,168 Member
    edited August 2013
    1fallqueen wrote:

My laptops & desktop are only a 5.9.
    what does this mean? where do you get that number and what number is good? ;)
  • Options
    InvaderCubanInvaderCuban Posts: 39 Member
    edited August 2013
    I think it's great that lower end computers will be able to play TS4. Personally I have a higher end computer, so it wasn't an issue for me. However, I would like to state that for people in my boat, I'm sure you will still be able to get the most out of your game by increasing the details (similar to TS3). I am only stating this because people seem to be genuinely upset that "lower end" computers will be able to play TS4 easier.