Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are there kids in the sims 4?

Many pictures have been leaked but, I have yet to seen any picture with a child or baby in it. Will there be kids in the sims 4? Thanks

Comments

• Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,397 Member
    edited August 2013
    Surly there will be. Hopefully they'll show some Tuesday.
  • Options
    kirby356kirby356 Posts: 4,607 Member
    edited August 2013
    anmllvr234 wrote:
    Many pictures have been leaked but, I have yet to seen any picture with a child or baby in it. Will there be kids in the sims 4? Thanks

*Facepalm*
  • Options
    COOLGAME8013COOLGAME8013 Posts: 3,090 Member
    edited August 2013
    There will be. Like any other Sims Incarnations there are children, though its possible there is a surprise awaiting them since no childrens' photos have been released... Possibly Babies with limbs?? :-o
  • Options
    MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,759 Member
    edited August 2013
    don't you mean on Thursday? Since all we're seeing on Tuesday is a trailer..and that might not be 'represent of game play'.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    anmllvr234 wrote:

*Facepalm*

No, no, don't go there with the facepalm, please. It's a legitimate question, and it's one I've been concerned with too, every since they started leaking information. So far, *every* picture has been one age group: young adults.

Even the article I just got through reading from that Australian gaming magazine didn't mention any other age groups. This has me concerned, because as you know, we did see babies, teens, children, and elders in the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 trailers.

MY worry is that the team focused so much on the young adult age group, that they've barely given any thought to the other age groups, and *those* interactions are likely to be limited, because the Sims Team has made it little more than an afterthought. If I get the idea that the other age groups didn't get as much love as the young adults in terms of gameplay, I'm likely to pass this game up entirely.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    MadameLee wrote:
    don't you mean on Thursday? Since all we're seeing on Tuesday is a trailer..and that might not be 'represent of game play'.

They maybe showing cas Tuesday. Gameplay I think means we get to see the sims interacting with each other and in the world. Their not doing that in cas.
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited August 2013
    I agree with the facepalm.

We all complained about there not being more gameplay options for the younger sims in the sims 3. you really think EA is THAT stupid to decide to completely leave them out!

If children aren't included this game cant be called a life simulator.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    anmllvr234 wrote:

*Facepalm*

No, no, don't go there with the facepalm, please. It's a legitimate question, and it's one I've been concerned with too, every since they started leaking information. So far, *every* picture has been one age group: young adults.

Even the article I just got through reading from that Australian gaming magazine didn't mention any other age groups. This has me concerned, because as you know, we did see babies, teens, children, and elders in the Sims 2 and the Sims 3 trailers.

MY worry is that the team focused so much on the young adult age group, that they've barely given any thought to the other age groups, and *those* interactions are likely to be limited, because the Sims Team has made it little more than an afterthought. If I get the idea that the other age groups didn't get as much love as the young adults in terms of gameplay, I'm likely to pass this game up entirely.

If there are no other age groups in this game it's going to be a step in the wrong direction. Deaths have been mentioned so surely there are because sims would have to be born to repopulate the town.
  • Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited August 2013
    anmllvr234 wrote:

No there won't be any. Just young adults. They will add toddlers, children, teens, adults and elders in each expansion pack spread over 5 years. The EP with elders will be released a month before the release of the never before seen TS5.
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    anmllvr234 wrote:

*Facepalm*

Well of course there will be children.

It's silly to think otherwise.
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited August 2013
    I'm concerned about this myself, but I'm also wondering if they will leave it until GamesCon to reveal what the kids,babies and elders will look like, I mean, they can't "leak" everything now,there wouldn't be anything left for GamesCon. Going by the pics we have seen, looks like maybe we get to populate the world slowly, i mean think about it, Eden didn't have any babies or elders or kids, Adam and Eve(if you go by that bible) were left to populate the world by themselves and the animals, so maybe, just maybe, that was the sims 4 teams thinking on this series, we get to populate the world from the get go? :wink: :?
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited August 2013
    I have been wondering the same thing. I would hope they would know that we have been going crazy asking for more baby through teen stuff. Especially babies with limbs. I have been concerned too because they say they are going back to the beginning for inspiration and I think sims 1 had only adults. I hope they are just holding off so "WOW" us at gamescom. I mean majority of the stuff they have mentioned besides the romantic relationships and parties could be also for other life stages. The only things we have seen show no indication of kids though, except some of the outside shots of houses are huge, why have a huge mansion type house for only a couple?
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    DDOAndoraDDOAndora Posts: 245 Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    anmllvr234 wrote:

*Facepalm*

I want to wait till we know. Some have asked for a game that you only play one Sim and that the family is back ground that they do not have to bother with.

Sims Medieval you had kids but did not play them, so no it is not silly to ask. If it comes out that is how the game will be played those of us unhappy will be scolded for not being true fans of the game and being haters.

Right now we just have to wait and see. For me its not looking like I will be moving on. Not a big deal for anyone but me, but I hate the loss of a game that I have had for so long in my life.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    DDOAndora wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    anmllvr234 wrote:

*Facepalm*

I want to wait till we know. Some have asked for a game that you only play one Sim and that the family is back ground that they do not have to bother with.

Sims Medieval you had kids but did not play them, so no it is not silly to ask. If it comes out that is how the game will be played those of us unhappy will be scolded for not being true fans of the game and being haters.

Right now we just have to wait and see. For me its not looking like I will be moving on. Not a big deal for anyone but me, but I hate the loss of a game that I have had for so long in my life.

Well I hope this isn't the case. I like to play all family members. Sims Medieval was like Sims 1 in that respect. In sims 1 the kids never grow up. Please EA don't go back to that. Let us play the whole family not just one member.
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    Whitneysim wrote:
    I'm concerned about this myself, but I'm also wondering if they will leave it until GamesCon to reveal what the kids,babies and elders will look like, I mean, they can't "leak" everything now,there wouldn't be anything left for GamesCon. Going by the pics we have seen, looks like maybe we get to populate the world slowly, i mean think about it, Eden didn't have any babies or elders or kids, Adam and Eve(if you go by that bible) were left to populate the world by themselves and the animals, so maybe, just maybe, that was the sims 4 teams thinking on this series, we get to populate the world from the get go? :wink: :?

Did you really just bring religion into this?

Here we go... :roll:
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    If there are no children then sims can't get preggo which is another step in the wrong direction.
  • Options
    Ladyliberty1301Ladyliberty1301 Posts: 623 Member
    edited August 2013
    and if they cant get pregnant then the whole point of finding a soulmate and getting married and woohooing is pointless. Which then eventually means the whole game is pointless if we cant have kids.
    origin/gallery Id is Snaffles1301
    Twitter @Snaffles1301
  • Options
    v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    edited August 2013
    If there are no children then sims can't get preggo which is another step in the wrong direction.

There will be childrem, TS1 already had then.

All Sims games, except for Portable and Medieval had Playable children.
    jr73Y.gif

• Options
    edited August 2013
    Are people really thinking there won't be playable children in TS4? Seriously?

If EA didn't add children, then what would be the point of making TS4 in the first place?

The Sims Franchise is based off of family, except TS3. If TS4 went in a direction where the children won't be there, then they can kiss all that sale money goodbye. Who would buy the game?
  • Options
    KatnapKatnap Posts: 2,251 Member
    edited August 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    anmllvr234 wrote:

*Facepalm*

Jarsie, I don't have a link, but I did see one this week that said something about falling in love, getting married, and raising a family. It's in one of the threads around here. If I find it again, I'll post it for you.

But yes, there will be kids. I can't even imagine any Sims without them.
  • Options
    SeanT346SeanT346 Posts: 307 Member
    edited August 2013
    kirby356 wrote:
    Whitneysim wrote:

Calm down! She was just bringing it up as a hypothetical concept that the developers might have thought of for the game, not as actually implementing a religion plotline/feature or Adam and Eve in the game. I swear, people need to stop getting so defensive about the smallest mention of anything vaguely controversial. :roll:

And I think it's a valid worry that there might not be kids in the game. I would have agreed that it would be a very stupid thing for TS4 to do but seeing as they have largely ignored non-YAs/As in TS3, and may needto unlock things via goal based gameplay and there may be no Create-A-Style, the developers might be completely out of touch with what players want.
  • Options
    WhitneysimWhitneysim Posts: 554 Member
    edited August 2013
    Thank you SeanT346, my sentiments exactly. :D
  • Options
    edited August 2013
    SeanT346 wrote:
    kirby356 wrote:
    Whitneysim wrote:

Calm down! She was just bringing it up as a hypothetical concept that the developers might have thought of for the game, not as actually implementing a religion plotline/feature or Adam and Eve in the game. I swear, people need to stop getting so defensive about the smallest mention of anything vaguely controversial. :roll:

And I think it's a valid worry that there might not be kids in the game. I would have agreed that it would be a very stupid thing for TS4 to do but seeing as they have largely ignored non-YAs/As in TS3, and may needto unlock things via goal based gameplay and there may be no Create-A-Style, the developers might be completely out of touch with what players want.

I'm calm. I just don't want this thread to turn into a flame war because she brought up religion. Now I personally don't care, but others...woah.
  • Options
    manii24manii24 Posts: 674 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I can see why you would be concerned with thinking we won't get children, but like everyone has said, it would be a step in the completely wrong direction. It just wouldn't make sense to have a life simulator game, when you can't actually play with life stages. And besides, wasn't this a "leak"? If so, leaks don't come in full packages lol...
  • Options
    breville69breville69 Posts: 1,397 New Member
    edited August 2013
    I am not surprise about this,the way TS3 been pushing everything towards YA/A. :|
    Post edited by Unknown User on