Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Beds and Mattresses/Bed Frames in The Sims 4

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member
    edited May 2014
    This is one of the things that has frustrated me from the very beginning, I like the idea!
    5JZ57S6.png
  • Options
    XxAirixXXxAirixX Posts: 2,567 Member
    edited May 2014
    Picking out mattresses would be good. The problem I have are the children's beds and bunk beds. I have the children's rooms separate and pick those beds to go along with the rest of the room, but they are low energy even if they aren't always the cheapest ones. Also the bunk beds I used when I want to make more space for sims and they are always low energy, even the more pricey ones.

I would like to keep the children's beds as I like how the frames look and match the room and bunk beds, but with choices for different mattresses that allow more energy.
  • Options
    enkeli63enkeli63 Posts: 6,637 Member
    edited May 2014
    This is what I've wanted forever for my sims! I love decorating in different styles but EA hasn't given us freedom with style because of the comfort/moodlet demand. I really want that to change!

If we had mattresses separate from beds, it would be awesome to be able to put a mattress directly on the floor too, if we wanted. I remember some friends in college had their mattress right on the floor and I'd love to make an apartment building like the one I lived in during college 8)
    OriginID Starwing6
    my Sims 4 story blog: http://www.starwingsims.com/

Join SimsWriters.com to promote or enjoy fan-generated content (stories, videos, music, etc) celebrating The Sims.
  • Options
    juncedajunceda Posts: 2,614 Member
    edited May 2014
    Great idea! :thumbup:
    firma_zps7hsuhx2i.png

I can play at last TS2 TS3 and TS4 So great that toddlers are here!!!
  • Options
    Mstybl95Mstybl95 Posts: 5,883 Member
    edited May 2014
    I love this idea!

OR to make it easier on them, how about assign a comfort score based on the room rating. If we are decorating an expensive room, the bed should be comfortable. If we are decorating a cheap room it should be uncomfortable. That will make it so that they don't have to create new meshes and could implement it through coding.
  • Options
    moo11xmoo11x Posts: 1,155 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yes!!! If only~~~ I've had to sacrifice the style for the good of my Sims comfort waaay too many times plus some beds are just totally cute so upgrading to a better mattress is logical and the normal thing to do! Great idea :thumbup:
  • Options
    HappyGeniusHappyGenius Posts: 167 Member
    edited May 2014
    Love this idea because i generally prefer the cheaper bed as they are nicer looking than the expensive ones but my sims hate them!!
  • Options
    frozenorangejuicfrozenorangejuic Posts: 1,830 Member
    edited May 2014
    I love this idea! It would be especially helpful without CASt to customize the nicest bed to at least somewhat match.
  • Options
    SchweighsrSchweighsr Posts: 3,342 Member
    edited May 2014
    I would love this! I would like it even better if we could apply it to all the objects in the game.

Lets say that you want to build a '50s style house and want an old-time looking TV but the TV you want is the cheapest and has the lowest rating. You want your Sims to be comfortable and happy as possible, so you have the option (in build mode) to increase the fun rating and maybe even the number of channels available.
  • Options
    Rhian2005Rhian2005 Posts: 611 Member
    edited May 2014
    Awesome idea. I work for one of the leading Australian bed brands so I think this would be an awesome feature
  • Options
    3fansforever3fansforever Posts: 1,421 Member
    edited May 2014
    I really do love this idea!
    I can picture it!

Great idea i never would of thought of this.
  • Options
    GhostBirdofPreyGhostBirdofPrey Posts: 7
    edited May 2014
    EuanSim wrote:
    Ugh. That just means more pointless options that take forever, when really, I just want to get stuck into my game.
    You have to buy a cabinet first to place a sinke, and the tables don't come with chairs.

I don't see how this is much different, and it hardly seems complicated.
    sims152318 wrote:

That would be awesome! How about also buying your Sim a separate blanket and pillow to put on their bed. It could boost their mood if you buy them a good pillow and blanket.
    Eh, Bedding can probably just be the color/design/whatever option for the mattress. No reason for THAT to be a separate item (though a blankie item for children that is rendered in their bed when they sleep would be neat).
    ===
    In general I am not entirely happy how items and scores are linked. Obviously they can't fully simulate the fact that the aesthetics of an item are partially influenced by the overall design of the decor (ie. matches the other furniture and the style and layout of the home), but it's always annoying that you sometimes have to sacrifice scores to make a good matching decor. If they could give items variable scores and let us pay for the level we want, that'd be great.

it also seems like the top scored items trend toward classical or ultramodern styles. Good contemporary furniture always seems to be a bit below that, and while I won't say Ikea furniture is the prettiest around, simple designs like that fit into some houses better than sculpted wood everywhere, and actual comfort isn't at all a function of aesthetics.
  • Options
    peno11peno11 Posts: 192 Member
    edited May 2014
    Eh, Bedding can probably just be the color/design/whatever option for the mattress. No reason for THAT to be a separate item (though a blankie item for children that is rendered in their bed when they sleep would be neat).
    That was actually how it was in The Sims 2, where there were separate colours for beds and blankets and you could use every blanket design you had in your game for every bed. That was still somehow presented in The Sims 3, however hidden inside Create a Style feature. I can only hope without CASt, they will return to TS2 bed recolouring scheme. However, there is one more idea I've got. We already know there will be subsections in CAS. What if they will do something similar in Build/Buy catalogue with beds, for example, having subsections of frames, mattresses and blankets? Just idea.
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited May 2014
    Love your idea's by the way!

what about a feng shue bed, a slat base with a thin mattress on top, but it's alomost as low as just a mattress on the floor, or a nail bed for the wacky sims, just some idea's popped into my brain! lol :)
  • Options
    ChellyMadockChellyMadock Posts: 356 Member
    edited May 2014
    Yessssssssss.

I would really like for this to be included in TS4. It is something I have been wanting. I hate when pretty frames have low energy points. Let me pick the frame I want, and then pay for the quality of mattress I want, please!
  • Options
    victorjames12victorjames12 Posts: 1 New Member
    That great previous beds and frames are good for nothing. They should try to add new more [url=http://carenician.com/best-platform-bed-frames/]beds frames[/url] and mattress and that would be great.
  • Options
    EA_JozEA_Joz Posts: 3,164 EA Staff (retired)
    Hello everyone, please remember that necroposting is against the rules. I've gone ahead and closed the thread.

Please review our Posting Rules & Guidelines here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/forum-rules

~EA_Joz
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top