Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope we can turn off plumbots......

like we can turn off werewolves, fairies, paparazzi's, celebrities, witches, genies, it would be great if we can do this, cos I don't want my beautiful Sunlit Tides over-run with robots in story progression, I'm only interested in the build/buy mode and new clothes/hairs and maybe new recipes/ food/ and some intereaction, not really interested in plumbots!

Comments

• Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited August 2013
    like we can turn off werewolves, fairies, paparazzi's, celebrities, witches, genies, it would be great if we can do this, cos I don't want my beautiful Sunlit Tides over-run with robots in story progression, I'm only interested in the build/buy mode and new clothes/hairs and maybe new recipes/ food/ and some intereaction, not really interested in plumbots!

Plumbots exist only in Arcadia Landing, world from the future. You must bring them by yourself in present worlds, to have them there.

So there is no need for turn off option. :?
  • Options
    VadeilVadeil Posts: 312 Member
    edited August 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

Plumbots exist only in Arcadia Landing, world from the future. You must bring them by yourself in present worlds, to have them there.

Yeah i was going to say i think that's why they made it a sub-world.
  • Options
    purplereignpurplereign Posts: 111 Member
    edited August 2013
    Don't worry, Twallan will fix it! :mrgreen:
  • Options
    ZooProfessor3ZooProfessor3 Posts: 9,847 Member
    edited August 2013
    When I read the subject line I was thinking "YES, I agree!" but I was thinking about how we could turn off Servos in Sims 2.

Yes, I do think it is important that Plumbots don't appear in present-day towns unless you bring them here yourself, but I also want a robot that can be powered down like an appliance. If you WANT Rosie the Robot from the Jetsons, a robot that is a real member of the family, then you could have that, BUT if you just want an automated cleaning and gardening servant then you should be able to have that, too.

I almost never used my Servos for anything more than butler/gardening service. If you leave Simbots alone for two seconds they start making all kinds of food for people who aren't even hungry. I turn off free will and they STILL do crap like that if I don't watch them like a hawk. Not to mention how everyone in the household leaps out of the actions I have them doing to shout, "It's a Simbot!" as if they didn't know they had one in the household.

Plumbots could be so so much better than what we have now...

Here's hoping!
    oow785m
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited August 2013
    Plumbots come into a sim family in one of two ways according to the last LBC. You can buy a plumbot from a dealer, or you can make one your self. Now it's highly unlikely that they'll start over running any of the towns other than Arcadia Landing. At least they shouldn't be because it would look really out of place to see plumbots taking over DV. At this moment, I wouldn't worry about plumbots taking over SLT.:D
  • Options
    midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    edited August 2013
    cool banana's! :)
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

Until you consider the fact:

* nearly every townie child in SV ended up with an IF doll in their inventories with GEN.

* the SN invasion of your custom hood even with these occults disabled in the Options menu.

* the zombie townie infestation that wouldn't go away after every full moon :lol:

When ITF releases, I'm willing to bet there will be at least one post on here like
    "Need patch to turn off the "OMG!!! a Plumbob!" townie reaction".

All thanks to the vanilla SP going into overdrive and making every townie buy a Plumbot in Arcadia Landing :lol:
  • Options
    GREENEYAGREENEYA Posts: 7,796 Member
    edited August 2013
    GREENEYA wrote:

Until you consider the fact:

* nearly every townie child in SV ended up with an IF doll in their inventories with GEN.

* the SN invasion of your custom hood even with these occults disabled in the Options menu.

* the zombie townie infestation that wouldn't go away after every full moon :lol:

When ITF releases, I'm willing to bet there will be at least one post on here like
    "Need patch to turn off the "OMG!!! a Plumbob!" townie reaction".

All thanks to the vanilla SP going into overdrive and making every townie buy a Plumbot in Arcadia Landing :lol:

1. Nope. Plumbot exist only in sub-hod world Arcadia landing. So you must bring them back from the future world to the present world. It is game feature.

They will work the same way as mummies from World Adventures and Simbots from Ambitions.

They will not be by default in base worlds. :wink:

2. There is no SN invasion if you turn off them in game main menu.
    So I do not know about what you are talking about.

3. Imaginary friend doll is a feature. You do not need to play with that doll. Just put that doll somewhere, and you will not have Imaginary friends.
    It was deliberately made that way.
  • Options
    yoshi_dragur2012yoshi_dragur2012 Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited August 2013
    Actually, many active and inactive townie families ended up receiving an IF doll in the mail with a new born baby. There were many times my active sims would go for a stroll around the hood, only to see townie toddlers cuddling their IF dolls (instead of the default teddy bear). Or find a townie kid playing on a seesaw--with an invisible force acting down on the other end. :lol:

But in all fairness, I haven't used the EA vanilla SP in ages. So I have to give you the benefit of the doubt here, since I don't know how effective the SN opt out features really are in the vanilla game. Because the last time I used the vanilla SP (to play test the SN occult features) I had SN occults over runing my hood. :? And that was before the zombie factor kicked in. >.<

But whatever. I'll be watching the forums a week or so after ITF comes out. Just to make sure no futuristic plumbobs, hover boards and hover cars aren't spawning in my prehistoric SV townies inventories. :lol: