Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Uninvited guest died of old age at my party, I can still find him in his house

I hosted a birthday party for my twin girls, who were about to become Young Adults. Two uninvited guests died of Old Age at exactly the same time, one of whom was a renamed Buzz Malifa of Barnacle Bay with traits changed that I placed in the neighbourhood. After the party I changed households to check on Buzz's family (he's now known as Sebastian in my game), yet he was still alive and kicking! In fact his age bar was not even full. Did Story Progression create a second Sebastian as an NPC, which could explain what just happened in my game?

Comments

• Options
    itsjulieitsjulie Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited July 2013
    That sounds very strange!!
    tcbforum.gif

100 Little Weeds - 100 baby challenge

• Options
    SamiKatSamiKat Posts: 3,786 Member
    edited July 2013
    I had a similar thing happen last year when I renamed a townie In Moonlight Falls and added him to my household. Before long, I noticed that his original character had evidently been regenerated by the game and lived in the original house. I can't speak to how common that might be as I haven't played a townie since.
  • Options
    anit1983anit1983 Posts: 886 Member
    edited July 2013
    I think it's a kind of population control related to story progression. I think the game will make copies of whoever is in the sim bin to fill the town or preform jobs that regular sims can't do.

I once had a paparazzi show up and he was an exact clone of the sim I was playing at the time! All his clothes, hair, traits etc were exactly the same. Every time I tried to have my sim talk to his doppelganger the paparazzi-clone would run away like he was late for work or something. It ended up being a pretty fun game of 'cat and mouse'. I eventually was able to catch and eliminate him with the help of a door-less room in the basement during a party! lol

It could have been a clone/doppelganger that died at your party, while the real sim was fine at home with his family.