Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What's your favorite kind of Sim to play?

When I play Sims I tend to play three different 'kinds' of Sims. Simselves (of course), single purpose sims where I basically play one expansion pack's features (eg. a Magical sim, an Adventurer, a University Student), and, my favorite, a Candy Sim, who I make with outlandish style and traits and who have generally quirky lifestyles.

In fact, the first Sim I made on The Sims 3 was a Candy Sim named Isa Sickle.

What kinds of sims do you like to play? Be it a certain Supernatural, Expansion Pack, Trait Selection, or simply a quirk that you play them with.
q6goV2s.png
Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!

Comments

• Options
    blacksheba1973blacksheba1973 Posts: 20,326 Member
    edited July 2013
    I tend to mostly lean towards the logical and family oriented sims. I also like to play author sims as well as artist. They raise the family while the other spouse works away from home usually. I have played an insane gold digger before. Most fun I ever had. :lol:
    YShQCz1.png
  • Options
    AiliayawayesAiliayawayes Posts: 2
    edited July 2013
    I Mostly Play Pregnant sims...My weird Quirk... :P :shock: 8) :lol: :roll:
  • Options
    BiddyBoo_TwoBiddyBoo_Two Posts: 117 Member
    edited July 2013
    I mostly play just one sim, but then I get bored and make a legacy. Get bored, make a single sim, and so on. :lol:
  • Options
    FosoSamFosoSam Posts: 637 Member
    edited July 2013
    I tend to only play a sim for about the extent of their Adult (YA+A) Lifespan.
    Occasionally I try to play a Legacy, but end up getting bored and making a new family at some point.

The longest I've gone in a legacy is to the birth of the 4th generation.

It's a terrible habit.
    q6goV2s.png
    Officially blocked by @SimsVIP on Twitter!
  • Options
    LadyEmillyeLadyEmillye Posts: 19,238 Member
    edited July 2013
    I've never really thought about it. I have my models, my simself, their children, and I usually like to go for a variety with the traits. Depends on what I want to do and where they are living I guess.
  • Options
    SmokeyBearzSmokeyBearz Posts: 1,138 Member
    edited July 2013
    I always focus on one sim, not a household.

The ambitious, career oriented sim.
    I mostly play these to get at the top of a career, maxing many skills, getting rich,
    exploring the towns and the new expansions.

The sexy single sim on the prowl.
    Getting to the top of their career comes second, after having lots of fun with other attractive singles.
    These sims have a lot of social traits and are very pretty lol.

In both cases I very rarely get them to marry and have kids.
    I guess I have commitment issues!
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    edited July 2013
    Before SN I played mostly every kind of scenario except legacy. Tried it and couldn't stop using cheats long enough to make a difference, lol. I like my sims to be comfortable so shoot me. :lol:

Since SN, most of my CAS sims turn out to be witches, male or female makes no difference. I love the occult state, second has got to be vampires. Tried to make a vampire who could make her own sunscreen but it didn't work out. :lol:

Edit to add, no big families, 4 max in a household as more makes me confused.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    alac13alac13 Posts: 162 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I tend to play family oriented, starting off with a single sim finding love, getting married, having babies, etc but today I'm expecting Late Night in the mail so I'm gonna try to play a party animal or something like that. Switching it up should be fun! :)
  • Options
    PHOEBESMOM601PHOEBESMOM601 Posts: 14,595 Member
    edited July 2013
    After playing TS3 for a while I became extremely bored with the "perfect" type of Sim......you know, genius, ambitious, family oriented....yadda, yadda yadda.

I now play Sims that are far from perfect.......clumsy, evil, insane,slob, neurotic....all the less than admirable traits. I also like them to have it tough....homeless or poor......maybe evil and living in the middle of a cemetery.

There is one trait I do like adding....good sense of humor. I have to laugh when I see my Sim walking down the street just laughing to themselves as if they thought of the funniest thing in the world.
    "People really love to explore 'failure states. In fact, the failure states are really much more interesting than the success states." ~ Will Wright
  • Options
    JazzypooJazzypoo Posts: 325 Member
    edited July 2013
    I usually ALWAYS have an evil sim in the household with a wimpier sim that has some new traits I've never played with before combined with the coward or good trait. >:)
  • Options
    PamhamletPamhamlet Posts: 5,556 Member
    edited July 2013
    Like someone else said, I also favor playing logical, family-oriented Sims. I don't play supernaturals. My families never have more than three kids, and usually only two, if I can get a boy and girl. I don't use legacy-style rules; I make my own rules/challenges as I go along.

I generally make it to the 3rd generation before making a new family, such as when a new EP comes out. I always make copies of my favorite Sims and families and place them in new towns whenever I make a new family to play. This way, my old favorites are always with me so I can watch their lives carry on.

Showtime careers are my favorite, as well as the Fortune Teller career from SN. My Sims almost always have one or two horses to ride, but they don't breed them. Horses are just so fun and realistic and I enjoy them in my game. I don't play with other pets.
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    edited July 2013
    Hmm... I really enjoy playing Witches from SN. :D
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    StefferCStefferC Posts: 102 New Member
    edited July 2013
    I switch from playing single, ambitious, Metrosexual sims (usually in Bridgeport) to a big family (in SV or Riverview) to a group of trashy low-lives (just about anywhere except Lunar Lakes).
  • Options
    slamondaslamonda Posts: 1,357 Member
    edited July 2013
    I usually play familys,i create a sim intending them to be single before you know it iv gotten them married and having kids,even my single sims have children I have a guy has a alien son and a girl has a plant son