The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Moving?

Just a quick question because I can't seem to find it, but if you start your sim off in a dorm in university is it possible to move them to another dorm/apartment/sorority-fraternity house? If so, how?
Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Options
    vke90vke90 Posts: 352 New Member
    edited July 2013
    Without mods, you are stuck for the term. At the end of the term, when you re-enroll, you can change housing.

With mods, Master Controller. Find the house/dorm you want to move into. Click on it. Click Nraas. Click Master Controller. Click Add Sim. Click the check mark at the bottom. Search for the sim you want to add (likely your main one that you play). And the deed is done. This can cause bugs sometimes, so use very cautiously. Do a "Save as..." instead of "Save" the next time you save your game just in case.
  • Options
    klmorganklmorgan Posts: 229 Member
    edited July 2013
    Thanks Vke! I've got master controller so I might try it.
  • Options
    vke90vke90 Posts: 352 New Member
    edited July 2013
    To avoid the bugs, if you click the dorm you want to move into as "active" by clicking Nraas -> Master Controller -> Make Active, it will change the sims you are playing to those living in that dorm. You can then click on the dorm again and do the add sim thing, and your original sim should join the relationship panel. If you have the "Cheats" module of Master Controller (available from Twallan's website), you can turn off playing the other characters by going to Nraas -> Master Controller -> Advanced -> Selectability. It'll ask if you want to make the sim unselectable. Click the check mark.

You can get rid of all their pictures by downloading the Relationship Panel mod, also through Twallan. Click on Nraas -> Relationship Panel -> Filter -> Only Selectable. It may take a few sim minutes, but it'll remove all the non-playables from your sidebar.

It's really round about, but if you want to do a thorough job, that's the method! :)