May 23rd - It's time for a new Laundry List! You can read more on what's coming next here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

PEGI + ESRB?

I have the Sims 3 with all of the expansions and most of the Stuff packs. As I live in the US, all of these are American versions. I recently ordered the Diesel Stuff through Amazon.com (US) from an Amazon-fulfilled seller. As it came out of the envelope, I realized there might be a problem: the bottom corner had a large orange PEGI-12 emblem in place of the ESRB T rating. This company in Kentucky sent me a European expansion pack. So, two questions:

1. Will a European DVD-ROM run on my computer?

2. Can I use a European Stuff Pack with a US base game and expansions?

I don't want to open it unless I can expect it to work, but on the other hand I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it if there's no need. The wrapping is a bit loose, but the case and printing appear to be correct; it's not obviously pirated.

Comments

• Options
    DarkAmaranth1966DarkAmaranth1966 Posts: 13,416 Member
    edited June 2013
    They are SUPPOSED to work together but, I wouldn't trust it, especially since you ordered the US version, I'd return it and get a refund, or the US version.
    Life is what you make it so, make it good.
  • Options
    NichaedemusNichaedemus Posts: 16,905 Member
    edited June 2013
    Hi,

Note that all expansion and stuff packs released after World Adventures now come in only two game regions:

Region 1 - Disc Version (regardless of geographic location)
    Region 7 - Origin Digital Download Version (regardless of geographic location)

While disc versions of the base game and World Adventures both need to be of the same region code (1, 2, 3 or 5), the other expansion or stuff packs can be a mix of region codes 1 and 7 (disc and Origin digital download, respectively).
    When you need help with The Sims 3 or The Sims 4, be sure to check out the Master Help Thread today!
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for the replies. I've sent a message off to Amazon to see what they say. Given how iffy the Sims can be even with the right setup sometimes, I think I'd rather have the correct region - or at least a guarantee that I can still return it after opening the package if it doesn't work!

I do think it was rather deceitful to send this version unannounced when the US one was pictured and detailed in the listing, even if it is the same under the wrapper.
  • Options
    ThrippaThrippa Posts: 678 Member
    edited July 2013
    Update: I never could get in touch with the actual seller, although amazon offered to refund the item. I opted to go on and try the PEGI once I got my new computer (the old one was already struggling with the expanding game). Everything appears to be running correctly, 17 ESRB discs and 1 PEGI one.