Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Something I thought about...

This post I will edit every time I think of something.

One of my ideas is what about a cellular device store? With a actual cell bill every month.

Ideas for types of devices:
High End Smartphone (Think the Galaxy s3 or s4
Moderate Smartphone (think iPhone)
Beginner Smartphone (Basically something cheap)
Basic Keyboard phone (for the texters!)
A basic flip phone (For technophobes and frugal)

Like every two weeks a bill will come. Say 4 people had devices in the house... and lets just say 50 a month and everyone had a High End/Moderate Device 200 every two weeks.
Something that would be good to add is texting and maybe cellular games.. I think that would be a good idea..

Feedback?

NOTE: NO ARGUING! YOU CAN DISAGREE BUT DO NOT START A ARGUMENT ON THIS THREAD!! THANK YOU!

~art

Comments

• Options
    WilderwolfWilderwolf Posts: 3,406 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like how it is in Sims 3 where everyone has the same phone all with the same functionality. I hated in Sims 2 where every time I started a new family, added someone to the household, or aged up a child, they would always have to go out and buy a cellphone. I like how everyone already has one all the time. As for paying for it, I don't really care either way, but I think I'm leaning more towards it always being free.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    bosslaydeebosslaydee Posts: 3,976 Member
    edited June 2013
    why is the iphone below the s3 as moderate? i understand its slightly better than the iphone but.. i wouldnt call the iphone moderate.
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited June 2013
    Wilderwolf wrote:
    I like how it is in Sims 3 where everyone has the same phone all with the same functionality. I hated in Sims 2 where every time I started a new family, added someone to the household, or aged up a child, they would always have to go out and buy a cellphone. I like how everyone already has one all the time. As for paying for it, I don't really care either way, but I think I'm leaning more towards it always being free.

I wish they would add a bit more to the devices.

Especially text messaging.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    bosslaydee wrote:
    why is the iphone below the s3 as moderate? i understand its slightly better than the iphone but.. i wouldnt call the iphone moderate.

I just put something, I couldnt think of another device.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    Wilderwolf wrote:

I wish they would add a bit more to the devices.

Especially text messaging.

They just added a bunch of stuff to the phones in game with the University Life patch. It includes several types of texting. What else is there to add?
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I don't have UL....

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited June 2013
    I like this idea, I don't like the fact that my sim kids automatically get a cellphone once they age up from a toddler. My own kids irl don't have cellphones and probably won't until they are teenagers. I didn't get one until I was 17 lol.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    artlove1 wrote:
    I don't have UL....

Oh, well it added an update to the phones. They're now smart phones. They can stream videos, show cat pictures, and other internet stuff. They can send picture, break-up, flirty, woohoo, and text messages. They can also create blogs they can post on and eventually sell. There's other things they can unlock as well such as a friend finder app, a relationship changer app, and a bunch of different faceplates for the phone. I'm probably missing some stuff as well.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif

• Options
    edited June 2013
    I like this idea, I don't like the fact that my sim kids automatically get a cellphone once they age up from a toddler. My own kids irl don't have cellphones and probably won't until they are teenagers. I didn't get one until I was 17 lol.
    I got mine before high school LOL!

I think its a good idea.

If you don't want a cell phone, you don't have to get one.

If you want one you can buy one.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    But it's just easier to give them to all sims automatically. That way it's not a hassle, and the people who don't want them can just ignore them and not use them. It's easier for a few to overlook something than it is for a lot to have to constantly take steps to getting them.
    Sig_zpsrk5fg4ri.gif