Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Struggling with NPC doors

Hey there

I'm wanting to build a row of beach houses in preparation for the upcoming expansion, and I'm wanting to make 3 out of the 4 houses NPC houses. But I can't get the option for "Make NPC door" to come up when I ctrl+shift+click the doors.

I do have a hidden room marker on the inside of the house and a public marker on the outside.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Would appreciate a little help please :)

984169_463034100455039_1415356879_n.jpg
~o Sapphire o~
Gallery

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,615 Member
    edited May 2013
    I just did some googling of your problem and found that it will only work if the public room marker is in an enclosed area. Also some people found that it only worked if they clicked the door when in buy/build mode, it didn't work if they were in live mode.
    I don't know if this is any help to you or not?
  • Options
    steph_444444steph_444444 Posts: 1,875 Member
    edited May 2013
    From what I see, your foundations are enclosed, but the next level (with the doors) is not, so that's where your problem is.
  • Options
    NeashaleighNeashaleigh Posts: 760 Member
    edited May 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    I just did some googling of your problem and found that it will only work if the public room marker is in an enclosed area. Also some people found that it only worked if they clicked the door when in buy/build mode, it didn't work if they were in live mode.
    I don't know if this is any help to you or not?

I also read that the public markers work in a fenced area with a gate. But not sure if that's changed. And yeah, I'm working in build/buy at the moment.
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    From what I see, your foundations are enclosed, but the next level (with the doors) is not, so that's where your problem is.

Not too sure what you mean. Could you explain please? :) Sorry!

Do you mean all the walls between each "house" need to be touching?
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Oohhh I get it! Thanks :D
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Making these porches fixed it :D

947243_463094733782309_644151056_n.jpg
    ~o Sapphire o~
    Gallery
  • Options
    snowdustmelodysnowdustmelody Posts: 385 Member
    edited May 2013
    I've had the same problem before and what I do is I end up making the building without a foundation and close the entrance with a gated fence.
    tumblr_mfgza8NCk51qfwt9io1_500.gif