Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

BETTER Military Career. Please Sign and give Opinions!! 40signed

I have a request,

The Military career... has no really grasp of the Military...

I'm a Military Girl-Friend, and something that I would honestly like to see...

You can't just 'Join the Career' you have to go through the recruiting process, you get a call if you were accepted, or to do so and so and everything is set.

Basic Training.
The Sim is gone for a few days or about a week, for 'Basic Training'.

Deployment.
A sad subject, but have a Sim have to be gone a few weeks as sort of their service.

Other Ideas:
PROPER Military uniforms

Military sword arch at weddings.

Military Funerals with the folded up flag.
Any other ideas?

PLEASE SIGN IF YOU AGREE!!

Signatures:
artlove1
brookesaywhatx
simseatcake
HollownessDevour
JacobRuehlman
linklover1o1
Mariefoxprice83
bos45redsox
cheary30
Potter
bethyGrace
KATENESS
SuicidalSpiders
Aeroprincess87
DragonWyng
PsychYourMind08
jaletu2005
Ladyliberty1301
neilshaw1980
chrang7520
raybigbear
DejiDenja
BkGrl72
treelife
mqelias
BlkBarbiegal
user0674
HollownessDevour
leora18
themanninggirl12
danceforever
meunomeeandre
TheMomminator
LarissaAnne
Wikdwikkan
lisasc360
mellysue
DizzTheRed
MissOzzylow
buntinggirl
eevakorh
aprilrose
Cali_Pier92
deltagirl1326
Daniblee

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    Love this! Signed! :)
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    artlove1artlove1 Posts: 1,236 Member
    edited May 2013
    Thank you Brooke!! :):)

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also a sad subject, but maybe a military funeral for when the sim passes. My dad had one of those when he passed a few years ago.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Also a sad subject, but maybe a military funeral for when the sim passes. My dad had one of those when he passed a few years ago.[/quote

I love that.

I know when my great grandpa died, he was in WWII, they gave his wife a folded up flag.

Have something like that, I think that would be sweet.

and I am sorry about your dad!
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    I am a army brat myself :P my mom is in the military as a medic. And has been sent overseas twice both about 6 months each. And both my cousins are in infantry one reserves (trying to get full time) and one full time.

When full time in the military they do go for weekends to weeks on course and then of course if they go on tours gone for months to a year+.

I'd like if they have both uniforms and dress uniforms for military career also branches army/navy/air force or field infantry, medic,etc.
  • Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed! :thumbup:
  • Options
    simseatcakesimseatcake Posts: 230 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I like you ideas. Signed.
    Maybe training can be something like this:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFg3Hwva8WA
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    I am a army brat myself :P my mom is in the military as a medic. And has been sent overseas twice both about 6 months each. And both my cousins are in infantry one reserves (trying to get full time) and one full time.

When full time in the military they do go for weekends to weeks on course and then of course if they go on tours gone for months to a year+.

I'd like if they have both uniforms and dress uniforms for military career also branches army/navy/air force or field infantry, medic,etc.
    I love that!

My amazing sweetheart is in the Army. I am so proud of him... (We thought he wasn't going to get in)

I know, I pray a lot that after AIT my sweetie doesn't get deployed, luckily he's stationed close by... but i sound selfish in a way saying this but I wouldn't know what to do with myself if he was deployed.
  • Options
    linklover1o1linklover1o1 Posts: 584
    edited May 2013
    Sign powers, activate!

Signed.

You should put in the title how many signs. •U•
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    edited May 2013
    Yes, I like it!
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    HollownessDevourHollownessDevour Posts: 8,011 Member
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:

I love that!

My amazing sweetheart is in the Army. I am so proud of him... (We thought he wasn't going to get in)

I know, I pray a lot that after AIT my sweetie doesn't get deployed, luckily he's stationed close by... but i sound selfish in a way saying this but I wouldn't know what to do with myself if he was deployed.

I know I am so proud of my mom, there is just something about people dedicating their life for the protection of their country and the world. And I feel it does take a lot of strength to be a military girlfriend/wife/spouse. :)
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Thank you guys!!

This is seriously making my day!
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    artlove1 wrote:

I love that!

I know I am so proud of my mom, there is just something about people dedicating their life for the protection of their country and the world. And I feel it does take a lot of strength to be a military girlfriend/wife/spouse. :)

Its made me happy. I love him so much, a friend of mine said I fit the term 'Army Girlfriend' quite well. But this journey has made me realize how strong I really am...

• Options
    HappyGaylordHappyGaylord Posts: 319 Member
    edited May 2013
    It would be fun is the Sim was accepted depending on his or her physical abilities(how many athletic points), or something similar. : )
    It would be pretty awesome if all jobs required some kind of job interview too (like you had to answer a bunch of questions when applying for the job) and depending on your answers you'd get hired(or not).
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    It would be fun is the Sim was accepted depending on his or her physical abilities(how many athletic points), or something similar. : )

That's how it is now, IrL.

You have to go through a lot to be in the military.
  • Options
    edited May 2013
    Giving this. A Bump.
  • Options
    bos45redsoxbos45redsox Posts: 14
    edited May 2013
    I love your ideas and thank you for thinking of us in the military (I'm in the Air Force :D). I always wanted them to properly add rank structure to the career. I hate how you're a "latrine cleaner" or "Astronaut"...I understand they need to appease to the general audience but I am really hoping in TS4 they really are making leaps and bounds like they say.

Hopefully deployments and military funerals can be some of the neat perks in the selected career field (making some extra $$ while on deployment or a hefty sum of $$ if a sim dies while still actively in the career field and has a family). Better yet, assuming they add more illnesses and diseases, military Sims can have free medical to get shots and what not :D. Just some minor but unique ideas I hope the team brings to the table because that would really breathe some life and more unique experiences/immersion to the game!
  • Options
    cheary30cheary30 Posts: 52
    edited May 2013
    Sign me up. I'm a Naval/Marine daughter, so I was upset when it first came out and i made my family. I was more than confused when my dad became an astronaut one day...
  • Options
    PotterPotter Posts: 7 New Member
    edited May 2013
    Signed! :wink:
  • Options
    bethyGracebethyGrace Posts: 709 Member
    edited May 2013
    signed! I'd love for all the careers to have a better grasp on reality... maybe the developers should talk to people who are actually in them or something? But in any case, great idea, definitely agree :)
  • Options
    KATENESSKATENESS Posts: 3,610 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'll sign! It sounds like an improvement. :)
    giphy.gif

• Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited May 2013
    /signed.
  • Options
    Aeroprincess87Aeroprincess87 Posts: 6,417 Member
    edited May 2013
    Definitely signed! My ex was in the military when he died, and I know he worked really hard to get into the army. I was really proud of him. But I've never understood why sims who join the military career don't at least get deployed randomly every once in a awhile for a few days to one sim week. You'd think EA would at least add that.
  • Options
    DragonWyngDragonWyng Posts: 92 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't have any ideas to contribute, but sign me up none the less. Personally, I think ALL of the careers need to be more interesting.
  • Options
    PsychYourMind08PsychYourMind08 Posts: 3,464 Member
    edited May 2013
    My father was in the Army, as was my grandfather and a few others on my dad's side.
    I also worked as a civilian worker for the Airforce.

I'd be pretty cool if our sims could select branches.

/signed