Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I hope that all the Sims aren't expressive.

I mean, I'd love to have my Sims more expressive, but what about my more stoic Sims? I personally hope expressiveness is based on traits or even have an "Expressiveness" slider.

Comments

• Options
    JacobRuehlmanJacobRuehlman Posts: 495 New Member
    edited May 2013
    I mean, I'd love to have my Sims more expressive, but what about my more stoic Sims? I personally hope expressiveness is based on traits or even have an "Expressiveness" slider.

Umm...I guess anything is possible! If you have a sim that is just very emotionless and dull... lol but I myself would prefer for my sims to be more dynamic rather than static. Not accusing you of wanting emotionless sims, I know what you mean like if you have a sim that doesn't like to express their feelings and is more kept to themselves and what not. :)
  • Options
    wishinstonezwishinstonez Posts: 448 Member
    edited May 2013
    I never thought of that but it's a good point! Though rather than an expressive trait I would prefer a stoic trait because most people tend to be expressive. I would love to have a stoic sim now that I think about it xD
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited May 2013
    I get where you're coming from. One of my favourite characters is Severus Snape and it's always weird to see him so expressive sometimes. lol
  • Options
    ValandisValandis Posts: 2,008 Member
    edited May 2013
    I'd love to be able to create sims without any expressions (dull, serious, no humour, snob, etc) then again, that would be strong expressions if you can tell their face expressions. :-o
  • Options
    rsedorothyrsedorothy Posts: 1,898 Member
    edited May 2013
    Whatever the animation is it's usually overdone by EA and becomes irritating. I hope Sims 4 gives us shades of emotion from stoic through subtle and normal all the way to over emotional. But please not too many of the latter.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2013
    I don't know. People criticized the Sims 3 for being "wooden" and not having enough expressions and all. And now they've said they're making them more expressive (probably in response to the complaints). I personally would rather have lots of expression versus too little. If some of the things they do seem a little over the top, I just write it off as them being silly sims. :) But, I'm also one of the players who doesn't mind the cartoonish quality that the series has.

If they use a trait system again, I guess it would be nice to have a trait for stoicism (which I thought would have been nice in this game, actually). Something that would keep the sim from going to pieces over everything. I don't know if I'd want a slider, though.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    AnavastiaAnavastia Posts: 6,515 Member
    edited May 2013
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    I don't know. People criticized the Sims 3 for being "wooden" and not having enough expressions and all. And now they've said they're making them more expressive (probably in response to the complaints). I personally would rather have lots of expression verses too little. If some of the things they do seem a little over the top, I just write it off as them being silly sims. :) But, I'm also one of the players who doesn't mind the cartoonish quality that the series has.

If they use a trait system again, I guess it would be nice to have a trait for stoicism (which I thought would have been nice in this game, actually). Something that would keep the sim from going to pieces over everything. I don't know if I'd want a slider, though.

I'm more so saying that my sims don't have emotions, they don't readily express anything at the right time because it's all tied to moodlets and mood bars. I think it's time for emotions of sims to branched into it's own categories. I agree with the op that those emotions should be expressed according to what kind of personality traits they have. If your sims are stoic then he's going to be a type of person who shows very little emotion. However, even stoic people express feelings in their own way and many times thats through activity. They have their won way of loving, and their own way of grieving and what's tells if sims 4 is really a good game is the detail and variety it provides for those different personalities. Then take those personalities to the next level and show how that feeling effects their actions.
  • Options
    GabbyGirlJGabbyGirlJ Posts: 6,858 Member
    edited May 2013
    Anavastia wrote:
    GabbyGirlJ wrote:
    I don't know. People criticized the Sims 3 for being "wooden" and not having enough expressions and all. And now they've said they're making them more expressive (probably in response to the complaints). I personally would rather have lots of expression verses too little. If some of the things they do seem a little over the top, I just write it off as them being silly sims. :) But, I'm also one of the players who doesn't mind the cartoonish quality that the series has.

I'm more so saying that my sims don't have emotions, they don't readily express anything at the right time because it's all tied to moodlets and mood bars. I think it's time for emotions of sims to branched into it's own categories. I agree with the op that those emotions should be expressed according to what kind of personality traits they have.

I can agree with that. There are things that I like about the moodlet system, but I do find it wanting in many ways. And, I'm definitely in favor of those sorts of things being determined by traits. Basically, rather than a slider I'd like to have a trait system that actually dictates a sim's behavior and reaction to certain situations.
    Anavastia wrote:
    If your sims are stoic then he's going to be a type of person who shows very little emotion. However, even stoic people express feelings in their own way and many times thats through activity. They have their won way of loving, and their own way of grieving and what's tells if sims 4 is really a good game is the detail and variety it provides for those different personalities. Then take those personalities to the next level and show how that feeling effects their actions.

Oh, I know that all too well. I'm stoic in life myself. When I post on forums I tend to use emoticons because of the fact that things can be read the wrong way very easily. But in real life I'm pretty much a vulcan.
    IHJCfa6.jpg
  • Options
    SuicidalSpidersSuicidalSpiders Posts: 1,733 Member
    edited May 2013
    Also, I think it would be amazingly awesome if the astrological sign we choose for our sim actually impacted how they act and take on the world. For instance, I'm a quintessential Pisces. I'm a dreamer who lives in my own little world, I hate conflict, I'm a hopeless romantic, and am emotionally driven. This should be apparent in a sim that I choose to give the Pisces sign.