Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Castle Skyrim that my Son created :-)

kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
CC free. No CAP. No Spawners. Created using Castle Kit, Castel Interior set and Tutor of Tudor set plus various EPs [No UL EP] . 4 levels. Courtyard, Wine Cellar, Dungeon, Alchemy Room, Kitchen, Dining Hall, Royal Bedrooms, Study, 2 Reading Rooms, Servants Quarters, Entertainment Hall. Stables, Garden, Chicken Coop. All items are medieval in appearance for authenticity ie. Wood Oven, Cauldren, Chess set, Darts, Spell Book, Alchemy Station, Nectar Maker, Stables.
This has been tested and is fully functional :)
Type: Residential
Lot Size: 50 x 50
Download link: http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail.html?assetId=7247596

screenshot_original.jpgCastle exterior.
screenshot_original.jpgChicken Coop and Garden.
screenshot_original.jpgStables.
screenshot_original.jpgRoyal thrones.
screenshot_original.jpgDining hall.
screenshot_original.jpgDining hall.
screenshot_original.jpgWine cellar.
screenshot_original.jpgDungeon.
screenshot_original.jpgAlchemy room.
screenshot_original.jpgPassage.
screenshot_original.jpgServants quarters.
screenshot_original.jpgServants quarters.
screenshot_original.jpgEntertainment hall.
screenshot_original.jpgEntertainment hall.
screenshot_original.jpgRoyal bedrooms.
screenshot_original.jpgRoyal bedrooms.
screenshot_original.jpgReading rooms.

Overall view of floor plan.
screenshot_original.jpgGround floor [Kitchen, Dining hall, courtyard]
screenshot_original.jpg2nd floor [Servants quarters]
screenshot_original.jpg3rd floor [Royal bedrooms]
screenshot_original.jpg4th floor [Entertainment hall]

Thank you for looking :) I hope you like it :)
rnKEhBT.png

Comments

• Options
    JimilJimil Posts: 4,443 Member
    edited April 2013
    Amazing! Which castle is this? Whiterun's?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,598 Member
    edited April 2013
    Your castle looks great! :) Your son has designed it well ! The exterior design is well done. It looks good how he has done the moat surrounding the castle , with the stone paved bridge over the top linking and leading through the archway to the courtyard. Great fencing around the coop , and servants collecting eggs and gardening from the nearby garden would be a common activity in medieval times. Great area to have the garden/coop in the right hand side outdoors nook area of the lot., and the stable set up for horses in the left hand side nook area. Great setting up of the throne /hall room! The colours and furnishings he has used looks good! The long narrow carpet leading down the middle of the hall is great both in colour and how you have laid it down, and it looks very effective how he has used the same colours for alternate chairs and for the strips down the middle of the tables. It is great that he has carried the royal colour scheme throughout all the rooms. It has a good flowing on effect, and emphasizes the royalty feel of the build. Great use of the pillars through the build. I don't like the sight of that skeleton in the dungeon ! Great placing of it though! Great designing to set up a servant's quarters. The entertainment hall looks good and I can imagine royals having musicians in to play the instruments for them, whilst they sat listening on the seats, had a drink from the bar, and were warmed by the firepit there. Good furnishing and colours of the bedrooms. Great layout of the levels of the castle, and including a cellar and a dungeon. The setting out of the rooms/areas of the build is great. It is a well designed castle!
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited April 2013
    Amazing Kate :thumbup:
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    Jimil wrote:
    Amazing! Which castle is this? Whiterun's?
    Hello Jimil :) This is not an actual Skyrim castle, however, he has taken ideas from Skyrim. The Dining Hall was inspired by Dragonsreach in Whiterun :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    rosemow wrote:
    Your castle looks great! :) Your son has designed it well ! The exterior design is well done. It looks good how he has done the moat surrounding the castle , with the stone paved bridge over the top linking and leading through the archway to the courtyard. Great fencing around the coop , and servants collecting eggs and gardening from the nearby garden would be a common activity in medieval times. Great area to have the garden/coop in the right hand side outdoors nook area of the lot., and the stable set up for horses in the left hand side nook area. Great setting up of the throne /hall room! The colours and furnishings he has used looks good! The long narrow carpet leading down the middle of the hall is great both in colour and how you have laid it down, and it looks very effective how he has used the same colours for alternate chairs and for the strips down the middle of the tables. It is great that he has carried the royal colour scheme throughout all the rooms. It has a good flowing on effect, and emphasizes the royalty feel of the build. Great use of the pillars through the build. I don't like the sight of that skeleton in the dungeon ! Great placing of it though! Great designing to set up a servant's quarters. The entertainment hall looks good and I can imagine royals having musicians in to play the instruments for them, whilst they sat listening on the seats, had a drink from the bar, and were warmed by the firepit there. Good furnishing and colours of the bedrooms. Great layout of the levels of the castle, and including a cellar and a dungeon. The setting out of the rooms/areas of the build is great. It is a well designed castle!

Hello rosemow :) Thank you for your kind words of praise and your positive feedback - you are a sweetheart *huge hugs* I have entered this lot in gr1zzly's Castle building contest :) My Son has never won nor even placed in a build contest as yet, but I have my fingers crossed for him this time :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    brsy wrote:
    Amazing Kate :thumbup:

Thank you brsy :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    AmaraRenaAmaraRena Posts: 6,533 Member
    edited April 2013
    Excellent work! Downloading and leaving a rec now! :)
  • Options
    edited April 2013
    AmaraRena wrote:
    Excellent work! Downloading and leaving a rec now! :)

Thank you for the recommendation and download AmaraRena :) I hope you enjoy using Castle Skyrim :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited June 2013
    I love Skyrim and TS3, so bravo!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    SarademoorSarademoor Posts: 2,851 Member
    edited June 2013
    Same here! And I love Zelda to boot. Great work! Loving the interiors especially!
  • Options
    SimGuruHydraSimGuruHydra Posts: 1,458 Member
    edited June 2013
    kateoverend, your son did an awesome job! It may be a small detail - but the wheelbarrow in the front, I think really adds that extra little Skyrim-esque touch!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kateoverend, your son did an awesome job! It may be a small detail - but the wheelbarrow in the front, I think really adds that extra little Skyrim-esque touch!

Hello SimGuruHydra :) Thank you :) My Son is thrilled to receive praise from a Guru :) He appreciates all the positive comments and feedback from fellow simmers :)
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Thank you ashcrash19 and Sarademoor :) *hugs*
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    edited February 2014
    JUST what I was looking for, thank you so much! :mrgreen:
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    edited February 2014
    Your son created this? WOW! He did a good job! I will happily recommend this. :D
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,924 Member
    edited February 2014
    Another of your son's many excellent builds :thumbup: :thumbup:

I tried to rec it but it's gone.