Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Question about Origin?

I installed my base game + Gen. and Seasons using the discs, but I downloaded University Life from Origin and now my game won't load. I'll press the play button in the launcher and the game shows that little Sims 3 window thing that pops up before it loads and then it closes. My game won't update either. Is it doing all this because I downloaded Uni from Origin and the rest from a disc?

(By the way don't even bother asking about CC because I tried taking my CC out and it still wouldn't open)
44444.gif

Comments

• Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2013
    hi MelanieSimlish,

so the mixing of disc with digital DL shouldnt be a problem. i myself have mixed it up a few times.

see if this helps:
    first confirm origin is updated, there was a recent update.

confirm u r patched to 1.50

if problem continues drag sims 3 doc folder to desktop and try to launch a new game..if this works save and exit. then move all saved material to new files.

if this doesnt work u may need to reinstall UL. and if this doesnt work reinstall base.

good luck
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited March 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    hi MelanieSimlish,

so the mixing of disc with digital DL shouldnt be a problem. i myself have mixed it up a few times.

see if this helps:
    first confirm origin is updated, there was a recent update.

confirm u r patched to 1.50

if problem continues drag sims 3 doc folder to desktop and try to launch a new game..if this works save and exit. then move all saved material to new files.

if this doesnt work u may need to reinstall UL. and if this doesnt work reinstall base.

good luck
    Thank you very much! I'll try all that and let you know how it worked. :) PS: Do you by any chance know how to manually patch your game? Because my launcher sometimes doesn't work with patching. It'll start downloading and then it'll just stop and won't install the patch.
    44444.gif
  • Options
    ceejay402ceejay402 Posts: 24,507 Member
    edited March 2013
    yet bet!

see this link for all needed info/links for PC http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647876.page

for mac super patch is located at the top of mac discussion
  • Options
    MelanieSimlishMelanieSimlish Posts: 4,432 Member
    edited March 2013
    ceejay402 wrote:
    yet bet!

see this link for all needed info/links for PC http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/647876.page

for mac super patch is located at the top of mac discussion
    thank you! :D

YES! took 2 hours but my game finally finished updating and its loading now! thanks for your help! if you hadn't told me that using discs and origin should work fine then I would have given up all together :P
    Post edited by Unknown User on
    44444.gif