Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Fur mod...?

Is there such a thing?

I am one of those people that have never had "fluff" on my pets. Yes, my drivers are up to date. Advanced rendering is "on" and all my settings are at the highest- still no fur. My laptop is also only 4 months old and I was so hoping my new laptop would give my pets fuzzy fur, but sadly- that is not the case.

I saw someplace there is a mod that fixes the fluff issue? But Google has failed me and I am not even sure if the mod exists at all.

If anyone knows and can share where to get it- I would be so grateful!! :mrgreen: And so will my pets! :wink:

Video Card: NVidia GTX 670m

Comments

• Options
    asterravosasterravos Posts: 3,415 Member
    edited March 2013
    I just looked and I don't think the game recognizes your graphic card, it didn't recognize mine either. I followed this: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Getting_new_graphics_cards_recognized_by_the_game
    Not sure if that will fix the no fur issue for you but it should help you out some. (pick the GTX 660M; and you can skip the 'Open GraphicsRules.sgr file' section of the tutorial since the GTX 600Ms are all covered)
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited March 2013
    TY aster! I'm about to head to bed- I will surely try in the morning! If anyone knows, I knew I could count on you! :)
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Goodnight :) My fingers are crossed that it will fix everything for you and I can admire your furry pets tomorrow!
  • Options
    Sunflower227Sunflower227 Posts: 3,644 Member
    edited March 2013
    asterravos wrote:
    Goodnight :) My fingers are crossed that it will fix everything for you and I can admire your furry pets tomorrow!

Thanks- hubby and I actually put our heads together now and tried playing with it. It should have said "0" if it did NOT recognize my card, but we changed the 3 lines of text as directed anyway, and no changes. Ahhh, well- TYSVNM for showing this to me.

Just irritated with EA. :x
  • Options
    edited March 2013
    Aww bummer! Hopefully someone else will have a working solution for you. It doesn't make sense to me why yours isn't working. :(
  • Options
    my1helopilotmy1helopilot Posts: 1,487 Member
    edited March 2013
    I tried searching for a fix and this is all I came up with. After skimming through the first page it appears to work although might cause lag.
    http://forum.thesims3.com/jforum/posts/list/467105.page