Its time for the final screenshot thread! Show us what ya got here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

HELP! pls.

I have a question. I really want to get this expansion but I don't have internet (I'm on a friends computer right now) so I've been unable to get updated patches. (last patch I was able to download was with Supernatural). Do I have to have the internet for this ep to work? Can I just buy the ep from the store and upload it and play it fine? thanks!I've tried looking at the requirements for the game, but all it says is that the base game is needed (which ofcourse I have).

Comments

• Options
    sunshineandsimoleonssunshineandsimoleons Posts: 8,413 Member
    edited March 2013
    You don't need the internet for the game to work but you need it to update the game. You don't HAVE to update but its highly recommended. It might be more problems than not if you just install it without updating.
    WLfAA9V.png
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    If you can play the base game fine without Internet, you can also play this one fine.

Patch needed for it should be on the DVD.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    beastcam1beastcam1 Posts: 952 Member
    edited March 2013

You need to have your game patched to 1.50 in order for this ep to work, which would require you to connect to the internet to download the patch.

11214097_1612418725701927_822627218776693780_n.jpg?oh=127705e00ae1fd059d1e5266630299b5&oe=5619A988
  • Options
    Jarsie9Jarsie9 Posts: 12,714 Member
    edited March 2013
    If you have a Smart phone, have your friend download the manual patch. I think there is a link in the Updates section. Or you might do a search on the forums for the link...(or maybe some kind soul will post it here).

After your friend has downloaded the manual patch, then use your Smartphone to get the patch from her computer. There is some program, which I forget what it's called, that lets you do that. After you get home, you then copy the patch to your computer and install it. (It's an .exe file, so you should just have to double click).

If someone here knows what I'm talking about and can explain it better, please feel free to do so.
    EA Marketing Department Motto:
    "We Don't Care If You LIKE The Game, Just As Long As You BUY The Game!"
    B)
    I Disapprove (Naturally)
    I Took The Pledge!
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited March 2013
    Jarsie9 wrote:
    If you have a Smart phone, have your friend download the manual patch. I think there is a link in the Updates section. Or you might do a search on the forums for the link...(or maybe some kind soul will post it here).

After your friend has downloaded the manual patch, then use your Smartphone to get the patch from her computer. There is some program, which I forget what it's called, that lets you do that. After you get home, you then copy the patch to your computer and install it. (It's an .exe file, so you should just have to double click).

If someone here knows what I'm talking about and can explain it better, please feel free to do so.

1.3 GB through your Smart Phone ? Isn't that a bit much ?

As I said, the patch needed is on the DVD (I patched this way)
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    crissylinecrissyline Posts: 123 New Member
    edited March 2013
    thank you for all of your responses.

I was wondering, if I get the ep and it doesnt come with the update, could I download it manually onto a flash drive and do it that way?
  • Options
    Bunny_of_Death66Bunny_of_Death66 Posts: 107 New Member
    edited March 2013
    crinrict wrote:

1.3 GB through your Smart Phone ? Isn't that a bit much ?

As I said, the patch needed is on the DVD (I patched this way)

I've had to do this a few times myself here is how you do it in case you're wondering...if you have a PC I don't care for MAC's and can't tell you how to do it on it if I wanted to...

Go to My Computer and where the Game is displayed (mine is usually in the D: drive) right click on that and open or view files whatever is available then there should be a folder that says Support, in that folder there is a folder called updates, go in that folder and it should have the patch in there, you can just click that and it should update you to 1.50...hope that helps, I'm sure Crinrict could explain it better cause they're a genius!
  • Options
    KinztheSimKinztheSim Posts: 1,161 Member
    edited March 2013
    @crissy - If you manage to get the patch downloaded at your friends place onto a flash drive..Then go home and run the update from said flash drive..The game will update no problem..Internet is only required to download patches/Upload sims/lots/pictures or whatever from the game to the site..Each of the released Ep's/Sp's have come with patches, for those who do not wish to update their games prior to releases..So buying the game or downloading the patch will still update your game with out the use of internet.

sig_zps8ece011a.gif
  • Options
    eatinglikeasim3012eatinglikeasim3012 Posts: 484 New Member
    edited March 2013
    The patch is inside the disk with the game...just install the game and it automatically updates