Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Will Houseboats work in other worlds?

I hope so, but if we don't have docks in them it doesn't seem feasible. :?

Comments

• Options
    KarmaKarma Posts: 837 Member
    edited February 2013
    Actually...I don't mind it being restricted to the new world. I mean...you won't get far in some of the worlds. It just seems a bit...out of place maybe?
    WsYdHZD.jpg

• Options
    KarrterrKarrterr Posts: 1,329 Member
    edited February 2013
    I really think it will be restricted to this world since this is suppose to be a vacation from the other worlds.
  • Options
    crispy1006crispy1006 Posts: 80
    edited February 2013
    If they do add that feature, i'm guessing you would have to create docks in other worlds in order for you to have houseboats. The main thing that i want to know is if you would be able to travel to different worlds depending on whether they have docks/ports set up.
  • Options
    LetterM2013LetterM2013 Posts: 1,577 New Member
    edited February 2013
    It's one of the biggest features of the EP though, so if it's only valid in the one world it will feel like a bit of a waste as most people will only play the new world for a while. I really wish it was also a vacation world.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited February 2013
    I actually think they won't be restricted meaning you can place them in Sunlit Tides,Sunset Valley etc. Maybe there are docks premade in build mode.

That wouldn't make sense to restrict them to the IP world because from what I've read the IP world is a new world and not a subhood meaning your sims have to live there.

Also there are jet skis which I'm also sure can be used anywhere. With speedboats and houseboats we can get our sims out to the lighthouse in Sunset Valley now.

Also now sims can only swim out so far but if you go out in a boat Graham says you can swim were your boat is.
  • Options
    lizbethbearlizbethbear Posts: 3,201 Member
    edited February 2013
    I actually think they won't be restricted meaning you can place them in Sunlit Tides,Sunset Valley etc. Maybe there are docks premade in build mode.

That wouldn't make sense to restrict them to the IP world because from what I've read the IP world is a new world and not a subhood meaning your sims have to live there.

Also there are jet skis which I'm also sure can be used anywhere. With speedboats and houseboats we can get our sims out to the lighthouse in Sunset Valley now.

Also now sims can only swim out so far but if you go out in a boat Graham says you can swim were your boat is.

yeah what he said.
    WznfzGr.gif
  • Options
    KayParfaitKayParfait Posts: 436 Member
    edited February 2013
    Graham said in the broadcast that "ports" will be a new lot type, so I think it might be applicable to other worlds.
  • Options
    NataliePetmerNataliePetmer Posts: 156 New Member
    edited February 2013
    My guess would be yes but unless you add ports to the other worlds it would be pointless.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2013
    There is talks about adding a feature so that we can travel to other worlds from Island Paradise as long as it has access to the sea, such as Sunset Valley, Bridgeport, Starlight Shores. I am assuming that we can travel to Island Paradise from these world by boat. It is as everyone is saying, a vacation spot. So you would need a way to get to Island Paradise from these other towns, wouldn't you? How ever they did say that they were still working on this, and lots of other parts of the EP. :D
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    There is talks about adding a feature so that we can travel to other worlds from Island Paradise as long as it has access to the sea, such as Sunset Valley, Bridgeport, Starlight Shores. I am assuming that we can travel to Island Paradise from these world by boat. It is as everyone is saying, a vacation spot. So you would need a way to get to Island Paradise from these other towns, wouldn't you? How ever they did say that they were still working on this, and lots of other parts of the EP. :D

What is your source of information? I have checked the Twitters of all the EA employees working on this EP and none of them mention this, all of them mention it is a main world and not a vacation world, and there is absolutely no mention of travel at all.

This sounds like an unverified rumor.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    edited March 2013
    sunman502 wrote:

What is your source of information? I have checked the Twitters of all the EA employees working on this EP and none of them mention this, all of them mention it is a main world and not a vacation world, and there is absolutely no mention of travel at all.

It very well maybe one of those. Try Curtis Paradis broadcast on University/Island Paradise. I might heard it there in a form of question in he could not confirmed or deny. But I do remember hearing something about the possibility travel between other towns and Island Paradise. :D
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited March 2013
    sunman502 wrote:
    sunman502 wrote:

It very well maybe one of those. Try Curtis Paradis broadcast on University/Island Paradise. I might heard it there in a form of question in he could not confirmed or deny. But I do remember hearing something about the possibility travel between other towns and Island Paradise. :D

Checked it. No mention of travel to other worlds by him; a lack of confirming or denying anything doesn't mean it's confirmed. All of the possibility of travel between other towns and worlds has been brought up by fans, not by EA's people.
  • Options
    mightypinkymightypinky Posts: 83 New Member
    edited March 2013
    I don't think it's a vacation world. Well that what I understood. It's a world!!
  • Options
    SkeldaSkelda Posts: 15,284 Member
    edited March 2013
    I saw a picture somewhere of a houseboat in Bridgeport. Maybe it was a garbage boat? I don't remember where though...
  • Options
    sillehbeesillehbee Posts: 704 Member
    edited March 2013
    I really hope not, otherwise I have no purpose for sunlit tides. >:
  • Options
    shideh357shideh357 Posts: 866 New Member
    edited March 2013
    Sunlit Tides already fulfills the need for a tropical paradise, I can't imagine what would be added to an Island Paradise world that we don't already have aside from the houseboats (which I'm fairly certain can be added to existing worlds).

The expansion is still in development though, who knows what they'll reveal?
  • Options
    Kat9999Kat9999 Posts: 67
    edited March 2013
    Skelda wrote:
    I saw a picture somewhere of a houseboat in Bridgeport. Maybe it was a garbage boat? I don't remember where though...
    I remeber seeing that picture too. I think it was a dumpster or something like that.
  • Options
    coolgame343coolgame343 Posts: 189
    edited March 2013
    Kat9999 wrote:
    Skelda wrote:
    I remeber seeing that picture too. I think it was a dumpster or something like that.
    it was under the bridge and it was a garbage barge