Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    agstahagstah Posts: 2,866 Member
    edited February 2013
    32 items! That's a lot! I hope those of you who want it enjoy it! Not for me, but I'm happy for those of you who are excited about it.

Reg cost- 1975
    Sale- 1625 until 2/21
  • Options
    fariecatfariecat Posts: 69 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I really like this set, and will probably by it tonight, but I anm very disappionted by the short skirt. Really? Why? I get so very irritated by the lack of long skirts.
  • Options
    KSpencerKSpencer Posts: 1,158 Member
    edited February 2013
    Wow, I really like it. I didn't plan on buying this set at all because I didn't think it would be practical in every day sim life nor did I think it was really my taste. However, I really like the content and I think I could make it work!

Nice job store team! :thumbup:
  • Options
    LadyLaFleurLadyLaFleur Posts: 2,185 Member
    edited February 2013
    I couldn't resist it. I'm addict. :P

I think I'll be creating a new vamp family tonight. Probably in Monte Vista. :)

EDIT: OR I'll create a lady who's very proper and snobby, with the desire to marry and have a big family. :)
    "This game lends itself to certain abuses." - Calvin
  • Options
    candy8candy8 Posts: 3,815 Member
    edited February 2013
    I agree what are we suppose to do with the short skirt? Is it just to wear in my Sims bedroom. I was hoping for more dresses I hope they add to this collection in the future.

We need at least one formal gown they could have given us one skirt with different bodices maybe next time. Then we could interchange them is anyone at EA thinking.
  • Options
    AmouraBAmouraB Posts: 1,510 Member
    edited February 2013
    Got it~ Love it :thumbup:
  • Options
    Halle_MHalle_M Posts: 6,539 Member
    edited February 2013
    Time to recreate "Dangerous Liaisons." :twisted:

dangerous-liaisons-screenshot.jpg

slideshow_feature_3.jpg?1354499353
  • Options
    Krisha880Krisha880 Posts: 1,553 Member
    edited February 2013
    fariecat wrote:
    I really like this set, and will probably by it tonight, but I anm very disappionted by the short skirt. Really? Why? I get so very irritated by the lack of long skirts.

I totally agree with you!
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2013
    The short skirt is pretty but do not belong in this set...

it irritats me more though that the store dosn't list the undergarment pants as nightwear.... thats what I would use them for...
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    mock68mock68 Posts: 696 Member
    edited February 2013
    It's a very nice set but I won't be buying it as I wouldn't use it so it would be a waste of money for me..
  • Options
    TanyaRubiroseTanyaRubirose Posts: 11,033 Member
    edited February 2013
    anettesb wrote:
    The short skirt is pretty but do not belong in this set...

it irritats me more though that the store dosn't list the undergarment pants as nightwear.... thats what I would use them for...

The short skirt is actually a piece of underwear. Women back in the 1800s wore skirts just like it beneath their regular skirts. Part of the idea was to keep the more expensive fabric that made up the main skirt clean by keeping it separated from the human body (remember, they didn't have air conditioning back then, so people tended to sweat a lot; I'm leaving out the other issue for reasons that are obvious).

I understand there were times when it was practical to take the main skirt off and run around in the underskirt, and also practical to remove the underskirt and run around in just the main skirt. Depended on circumstances.
  • Options
    anettesbanettesb Posts: 39,168 Member
    edited February 2013
    Tany are didn't think of that... but then it need to be in sleep and bathing catagory ;)
    🌺 streaming at https://www.twitch.tv/lady_anette 🌻come join the Sylvan legacy, and help control their life. 🌳
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    edited February 2013
    I was thinking I'd use the skirt for my 20's sims.

I hope camisole and bloomers are enabled for underwear and swimwear. I believe they bathed in the ocean naked in those days for their health, and were taken by horses out into the sea in a little box that they undressed in... but they won't give us that so enabling the underwear for swimming is the next best thing! :lol:

I'm studing Wuthering Heights this week so I'd love to make Catherine and Heathcliff with this set! I love the men's outfits, they are really nice.

I can't wait for people to start posting the recolours!!! :D
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    Anette, I agree! However, I think they stuck the skirt as a normal skirt to avoid confusing people.
  • Options
    kateoverendkateoverend Posts: 7,985 Member
    edited February 2013

Oooooooooooooh what a gorgeous set!!
    The hairstyles are wonderful! So very different from anything we have ever seen in the store :)
    Such beautiful clothes! I love the chemise and bloomers - very romantic and feminine The art and furniture looks great. I am sure that they will recolour well. There is a good mixture of iems in this set which is awesome, shoes, hair, furniture, art, clothes etc.
    I was not overly excited when I learnt of the new Rococo Collection, but it is gorgeous! Far better than I imagined I love it! :D
    Well done EA!! :thumbup:
    rnKEhBT.png
  • Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013
    Bump!
  • Options
    DawnLBrownDawnLBrown Posts: 9,193 Member
    edited February 2013
    bump again
  • Options
    htairchix3htairchix3 Posts: 875 Member
    edited February 2013
    :D I got it, a wonderful set! TY Store Team... :lol::wink:
  • Options
    TATAOMEGATATAOMEGA Posts: 8 New Member
    edited February 2013
    I have a question...the content says you need game update 1.5.0 but the most current update available is 1.48, so am I confused or missing something? Thanks for any info.
  • Options
    edited February 2013
    TATAOMEGA wrote:
    I have a question...the content says you need game update 1.5.0 but the most current update available is 1.48, so am I confused or missing something? Thanks for any info.

No.

Game updates are generally not actually true decimals. Usually, it's x.y.z, with x being the EP or major update (1 means base game), the second number being the number of the patch itself (you can see ones that are something like 1.103 for that, with the 103 indicating it's the 103rd patch they've made), and the third number... I have no idea what that means, actually. Never bothered to ask.

So, 1.5 means the fifth patch to the base game.
  • Options
    rumbutterrumbutter Posts: 3,756 Member
    edited February 2013
    Halle_M]Time to recreate "Dangerous Liaisons." :twisted:

:shock: :thumbup:
  • Options
    FormelxFormelx Posts: 578 New Member
    edited February 2013
    It's a lovely collection, the hairstyle in the women's section dose remind me of the monte vista hair. But most are used for rich sims, I'll just get the women's hairstyle, because they look cool.